Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2022, 10:34 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins

Will update OP with more info.

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:16 PM   #1486
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain View Post
Then players shouldn’t be released before contract is up

Sometimes contracts are designed in a way that both parties know the player won't see the end of it. The back ends of those deals are designed to make the deal bigger than it appears for bragging rights and/or spread the cap hits.

Additionally, players don't live up to the contract they sign. Tyreek Hill is expected to be a the best or one of the best WR's in the game during his contract. That's what his contact pays him to be. If he doesn't live up to that contract, like any other business, they reserve the right to cut him.

Now, players that live up to or outperform their contract, the teams absolutely shouldn't be able to cut them.

Just my opinions.
emaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-23-2022, 11:16 PM   #1487
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

According to Nate Taylor, the Chiefs have the most salary cap space in the NFL now at about $28.6 million.

So no more shopping in the Corey Coleman aisle.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:19 PM   #1488
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthesis2 View Post
I for one like the deal and I like it alot.

I think Tyreek's best days are behind him, I don't think he finishes 17 games for the rest of his career, he is going to miss 3-10 games a year going forward, he is wired too tight and is getting older. My money is on 500-950 yards per season for the rest of his career and that it.

I think the HUGE haul we got in picks will get at least 2, but with our drafting in midrounds lately probably 3 of the 5 picks will hit and I bet 1 or 2 end up being pro bowlers.

We will have a much better team, Ty was great but his best years are defiantly behind him. I'll miss that speed but we have others and will be just fine.
He is tough but he was beat up pretty bad last year and toughed it out. Now that he's paid and has a shitty QB, it's going to be harder and harder to play through those light pains.

As long as Tua is his QB, I see a significant statistical drop in his future.
emaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-23-2022, 11:20 PM   #1489
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

With this haul of draft picks we can revamp our Defensive line get a pass rusher and probably find a top quality WR they can slip through cracks. Anyways what I'm about to say is mind boggling in the most wonderful way to stick it to the Raiders.

Because the Raiders over paid Davante Adams making him the highest paid WR, that made Tyreek want more money than Devante Adams. Soooo that set in motion our block buster trade and if we hit on our draft picks and beef up this D line and hit on a pass rusher and make this defense pretty good to great then we can thank the Raiders for this block buster trade that helped revamp our defense and make it better.

All we got to do is beat the Raiders with our draft picks and they can thank themselves ha ha this would really stick it to the Raiders.

I didn't think I'd be happy trading away Tyreek but the possibilities we have now to really focus on building Championships through the draft this is where we will surpass the number of Lombardi trophies Denver and Raiders have they only have 3 we have 2 so if we can get two more or 3 we can thank the Raiders for our success.

We are building a dynasty through the draft folks. It's happening.

I'm tired of hearing that we won't have a dynasty when we still have Mahomes going into his prime. This is just now his prime years and he will still keep getting better and cerebral assassin teams.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:25 PM   #1490
I'm with the banned.

I lost the thing I disliked about the Chiefs. This really blows.
ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:28 PM   #1491
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Here's a list of the #29 picks over the last 30 years. Who's comparable to Tyreek? (Answer: nobody.)

2021 Eric Stokes DB
2020 Isaiah Wilson T
2019 L.J. Collier DE
2018 Taven Bryan DT
2017 David Njoku TE
2016 Robert Nkemdiche DT
2015 Phillip Dorsett WR
2014 Dominique Easley DT
2013 Cordarrelle Patterson WR
2012 Harrison Smith DB
2011 Gabe Carimi T
2010 Kyle Wilson DB
2009 Hakeem Nicks WR
2008 Kentwan Balmer DT
2007 Ben Grubbs G
2006 Nick Mangold C
2005 Marlin Jackson DB
2004 Michael Jenkins WR
2003 Nick Barnett LB
2002 Marc Colombo T
2001 Ryan Pickett DT
2000 R. Jay Soward WR
1999 Dimitrius Underwood DT
1998 John Avery RB
1997 Chris Canty DB
1996 Jamain Stephens T
1995 Blake Brockermeyer T
1994 Derrick Alexander WR
1993 George Teague DB
1992 Ashley Ambrose DB
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:32 PM   #1492
In Search of a Life

All that list tells me is that David Ojabo would be an excellent pick at 29.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:32 PM   #1493
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Here's a list of the #50 picks over the last 30 years. Give me a combination of the 29 and 50 picks that you'd rather have than Tyreek.

The bottom line is that the team will get worse. You can argue that the Chiefs were basically doing damage control so anything is better than nothing. But we're not going to win this trade on the football field unless we get really, really lucky.

2021 Azeez Ojulari OLB
2020 Jaylon Johnson CB
2019 Irv Smith Jr. TE
2018 Connor Williams T
2017 Justin Evans S
2016 Nick Martin G
2015 Ronald Darby CB
2014 Jeremiah Attaochu LB
2013 Jonathan Bostic LB
2012 Isaiah Pead RB
2011 Marcus Gilchrist DB
2010 Javier Arenas DB
2009 Mohamed Massaquoi WR
2008 Calais Campbell DE
2007 Chris Henry RB
2006 Marcus McNeill T
2005 Ron Bartell DB
2004 Devery Henderson WR
2003 Bruce Nelson G
2002 Chester Pitts T
2001 Dominic Raiola C
2000 Barrett Green LB
1999 Shaun King QB
1998 Germane Crowell WR
1997 Mike Logan DB
1996 Patrick Sapp LB
1995 Bobby Taylor DB
1994 Brentson Buckner DT
1993 Victor Bailey WR
1992 Eddie Robinson LB
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:35 PM   #1494
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
With this haul of draft picks we can revamp our Defensive line get a pass rusher and probably find a top quality WR they can slip through cracks. Anyways what I'm about to say is mind boggling in the most wonderful way to stick it to the Raiders.

Because the Raiders over paid Davante Adams making him the highest paid WR, that made Tyreek want more money than Devante Adams. Soooo that set in motion our block buster trade and if we hit on our draft picks and beef up this D line and hit on a pass rusher and make this defense pretty good to great then we can thank the Raiders for this block buster trade that helped revamp our defense and make it better.

All we got to do is beat the Raiders with our draft picks and they can thank themselves ha ha this would really stick it to the Raiders.

I didn't think I'd be happy trading away Tyreek but the possibilities we have now to really focus on building Championships through the draft this is where we will surpass the number of Lombardi trophies Denver and Raiders have they only have 3 we have 2 so if we can get two more or 3 we can thank the Raiders for our success.

We are building a dynasty through the draft folks. It's happening.

I'm tired of hearing that we won't have a dynasty when we still have Mahomes going into his prime. This is just now his prime years and he will still keep getting better and cerebral assassin teams.
It was almost impossible to fix the DL with the status quo. You aren't (likely) to get an impact DE at 30 and FA unless you overpay for aging players, arent getting one in FA. You need to draft, probably in the top 10-15 to get one. This gives them ammo to move up and get one and draft a WR on top of money in FA to address CB etc.

Additionally, this gives them leverage with Orlando Brown JR because the tag for LT isn't that good compared to what he'd make with a contract extension.

I was pissed this afternoon but I understand and think it was the right thing to do. I would have preferred 10 instead of 29 but it's still a good haul and the right thing for the future. Depending on how they approach the rest of the off-season, this could make them better THIS year as well as the future.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:35 PM   #1495
In Search of a Life

They don’t have to find the next Tyreek.

They just need to draft some good football players with most of their picks, and use the cap space to get more good football players. It’s about using all of those resources to get more quantity on an already fairly good young roster.

No one player can top Tyreek, but you can build something for the next few year now that is bigger than any one (non-QB) player.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:42 PM   #1496
Starter

The Jaguars giving Kirk that crazy contract is what derailed the extension talks with Tyreek. Adams was supposed to be franchise tagged, not sure Hill and his agent were holding up extension talks based on Adams, unless they had inside information that Adams wasn’t going to play under the tag and was going to be traded. I was shocked when the Packers traded Adams, but I can easily see where Tyreek and his camp might have known Adams wasn’t going to play for the Packers, when Aaron Rodgers signed his big contract, it is said he knew at the time that Adams was going to be traded. Anyway, I’m very sad that Tyreek won’t be a Chief, combinations like Mahomes/Tyreek don’t come around too often. Thought Tyreek had a great chance to be a Hall of Famer, but without the Mahomes connection, I think his chances are extremely unlikely now. The Chiefs got great value for Tyreek, for a 28 year old small WR to be able to get another team to pay that much for him, is a little shocking. I’d could see a team that has a top tier QB and already a serious contender, paying something in this neighborhood of picks, but for teams like the Dolphins or Jets willing to pay this is just foolish. It’s going to be weird seeing Tyreek in a Dolphins uniform.
kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:42 PM   #1497
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Here's a list of the #50 picks over the last 30 years. Give me a combination of the 29 and 50 picks that you'd rather have than Tyreek.

The bottom line is that the team will get worse. You can argue that the Chiefs were basically doing damage control so anything is better than nothing. But we're not going to win this trade on the football field unless we get really, really lucky.

2021 Azeez Ojulari OLB
2020 Jaylon Johnson CB
2019 Irv Smith Jr. TE
2018 Connor Williams T
2017 Justin Evans S
2016 Nick Martin G
2015 Ronald Darby CB
2014 Jeremiah Attaochu LB
2013 Jonathan Bostic LB
2012 Isaiah Pead RB
2011 Marcus Gilchrist DB
2010 Javier Arenas DB
2009 Mohamed Massaquoi WR
2008 Calais Campbell DE
2007 Chris Henry RB
2006 Marcus McNeill T
2005 Ron Bartell DB
2004 Devery Henderson WR
2003 Bruce Nelson G
2002 Chester Pitts T
2001 Dominic Raiola C
2000 Barrett Green LB
1999 Shaun King QB
1998 Germane Crowell WR
1997 Mike Logan DB
1996 Patrick Sapp LB
1995 Bobby Taylor DB
1994 Brentson Buckner DT
1993 Victor Bailey WR
1992 Eddie Robinson LB

When you combine the 5 players or less with trades on top of the players they can sign with 70+ mil in cap space, they absolutely can and likely will be better because of it.

Hill was already was starting to get dinged up. Some think he may have even lost a step (still fastest in the league IMO). His decline was going to come, whether that's a year from now or 3 years. As painful as it is, this was the right thing to do for the future of the franchise.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:15 AM   #1498
EvOlVeD

how the hell do i find the thread where i asked if the chiefs should trade tyreek several months ago (morea than a few months ago)? i hate the search function on this site

Last edited by Nickhead; 03-24-2022 at 12:37 AM..
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:17 AM   #1499
MVP

Quote:

Dude. That’s a lot of research to not actually say anything.

Tyreek is better right now than draft picks. AFTER the draft, we will see.

In two years when Tyreek costs $30M in cap hits and is 30 years old and the chiefs have five players on rookie deals, plus whoever is signed/extended from the cap space… then we will really see.

30 for 30, the bad kind.

Anyone judging this trade now on player for player value is missing the point.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:21 AM   #1500
MVP

Quote:
Here's a list of the #29 picks over the last 30 years. Who's comparable to Tyreek? (Answer: nobody.)

2021 Eric Stokes DB
2020 Isaiah Wilson T
2019 L.J. Collier DE
2018 Taven Bryan DT
2017 David Njoku TE
2016 Robert Nkemdiche DT
2015 Phillip Dorsett WR
2014 Dominique Easley DT
2013 Cordarrelle Patterson WR
2012 Harrison Smith DB
2011 Gabe Carimi T
2010 Kyle Wilson DB
2009 Hakeem Nicks WR
2008 Kentwan Balmer DT
2007 Ben Grubbs G
2006 Nick Mangold C
2005 Marlin Jackson DB
2004 Michael Jenkins WR
2003 Nick Barnett LB
2002 Marc Colombo T
2001 Ryan Pickett DT
2000 R. Jay Soward WR
1999 Dimitrius Underwood DT
1998 John Avery RB
1997 Chris Canty DB
1996 Jamain Stephens T
1995 Blake Brockermeyer T
1994 Derrick Alexander WR
1993 George Teague DB
1992 Ashley Ambrose DB
It’s weird. You have to go to the 5th round to find a player comparable to Tyreek…
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.