Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2024, 07:31 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Drue Tranquill expected to reach agreement with Chiefs [3yrs/$19 million]

**** yeah!

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:28 PM   #136
In Search of a Life

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:30 PM   #137
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Love it!
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:35 PM   #138
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
You neglected to mention that Barnwell also has Willie Gay in a Tier of “capable starters” likely to earn 7-10mm per.

I think it’s a much smarter move to bring back Tranquil rather than Gay even if it were the same money.
I think it's safer. And I think the Chiefs obviously prefer Tranquill so it's kinda silly for me to argue to the contrary.

But I think Gay brings some really unique attributes to the table that we're going to miss even if Chenal steps up (Leo just doesn't have Gay's fluidity).

If I could have either guy for the same money, I'd bring back Gay. But the Chiefs clearly trust Tranquill more and there's something to be said for that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:40 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Wow - that's a really low signing bonus.

I think I'd have preferred loading more of that year 2 salary into signing bonus so we could push it out into 2026. Maybe a signing bonus of 6 million with a base in year 2 of $4.75? Would've upped this year's number a little but knocked about $1 million off next season's figure.

That low signing bonus combined with guaranteed 2025 salary suggests to me it's a cash spending question for Clark. He simply didn't want to spend the extra $1.5 million this season. Tranquill would rather have that now. It would be better on our cap over the next 2 seasons. So why wouldn't you do it that way unless you just don't want to write a signing bonus check that large?

Presumably because you're trying to save some cash spending budget for the Jones deal?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:41 PM   #140
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Wow - that's a really low signing bonus.

I think I'd have preferred loading more of that year 2 salary into signing bonus so we could push it out into 2026. Maybe a signing bonus of 6 million with a base in year 2 of $4.75? Would've upped this year's number a little but knocked about $1 million off next season's figure.

That low signing bonus combined with guaranteed 2025 salary suggests to me it's a cash spending question for Clark. He simply didn't want to spend the extra $1.5 million this season. Tranquill would rather have that now. It would be better on our cap over the next 2 seasons. So why wouldn't you do it that way unless you just don't want to write a signing bonus check that large?

Presumably because you're trying to save some cash spending budget for the Jones deal?
My thought last night was if we see a low SB on Drue, it would be an indicator that they plan to cut a hefty check or two.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:50 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
My thought last night was if we see a low SB on Drue, it would be an indicator that they plan to cut a hefty check or two.
Never even occurred to me until I saw the bigger year 2 cap hit than I expected. So I looked up the breakdown and that immediately came to mind. "Why such a low signing bonus if you're just going to guarantee the year 2 salary....ooooooohhhhhhhh"

Last horse entered the barn there, I suppose.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:25 PM   #142
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Never even occurred to me until I saw the bigger year 2 cap hit than I expected. So I looked up the breakdown and that immediately came to mind. "Why such a low signing bonus if you're just going to guarantee the year 2 salary....ooooooohhhhhhhh"

Last horse entered the barn there, I suppose.
It's basically just a two year deal with this structure. Very little dead cap in 26 this way, but if he performs as well the next two years as he did this year and stays healthy there a $6 mil team option on the 3rd year. Keeps cap space open this season and maximizes flexibility in three years. Veach is going the opposite of teams like the saints and bills and not spending a bunch of cap for players not playing for the team.

Last edited by tyecopeland; 03-09-2024 at 11:51 AM..
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote