Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Pay or trade Chris Jones?
Give Chris Jones an extension worth similar amount as Donald 93 54.07%
Trade Chris Jones for market value (which I assume is similar to Tyreek) 32 18.60%
Keep him his last year and tag him next year 47 27.33%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2023, 09:56 PM  
SuperBowl or bust

Would you give Jones 3/100m or trade him?

We might as well start the conversation.

Aaron Donald got a 3 year extension worth 95m and Jones won’t/shouldn’t accept a penny less.

We can probably get the equivalent of 2 firsts if we trade him.

Poll will be up in a minute…
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:24 PM   #136
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesIsTheMVP View Post
Paying a non-QB $33M/year is team suicide, witness the LA Rams.
The cap is going up. $33M per won't be that much in a few years.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:24 PM   #137
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Pay the man.
I agree. 28 years old He's got at least 3 good years left. After that it's a different conversation.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:35 PM   #138
MVP

I'll say this-

We don't have as much cap room as some of you all think relative to all we have to get done.

BUT-

IF we're relatively certain that the cap is going to balloon in '24, now is the time to lock up everyone we want to keep for the next 3-4 years to deals with a low hit next year.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:38 PM   #139
Starter

I love Jones, but I'd trade him at that price, given his age. Plus, I know there were some back problems this year, which is a terrible sign for someone his age and size.

That being said, If they keep him, I will also be happy because I trust Veach and love the player.
emaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-09-2023, 09:35 PM   #140
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesIsTheMVP View Post
Paying a non-QB $33M/year is team suicide, witness the LA Rams.
Donald’s contract isn’t what’s killing the Rams. It’s the constant getting rid of picks for players. That created a very top heavy team that collapsed when injuries piled up. They had minimal depth because of it.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 09:43 PM   #141
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaw1979 View Post
I love Jones, but I'd trade him at that price, given his age. Plus, I know there were some back problems this year, which is a terrible sign for someone his age and size.

That being said, If they keep him, I will also be happy because I trust Veach and love the player.
Jones is an elite pass rusher. They don’t grow on trees. Plus he does it from the DT position which is the closest route to the QB and more prone to double teams. He won’t be cheap, but I just don’t see how not paying him makes KC better. Our pass rush needs to improve still. Imagine how bad it would be without him on the line.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:55 PM   #142
Veteran

Im not Veach, its his call....trust
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:23 AM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Well. Kelce is like half of what Jones will get. Kelce has repeatedly taken less than market value to stay.
Obviously, I didn't want us to trade Kelce. My larger point to that guy was that relying on just Mahomes to fix everything is dumb. We need other stars here besides just him as can't play both sides. We need guys on defense who other teams have to game plan for and who can make things easier for lesser players.

Jones is needed. DTs that can rush the pass are always needed. The national championship game tonight helped prove that Carter seemed like he was in the TCU backfield all night. You get pressure from up the middle and it's a game changer.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:25 AM   #144
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Donald’s contract isn’t what’s killing the Rams. It’s the constant getting rid of picks for players. That created a very top heavy team that collapsed when injuries piled up. They had minimal depth because of it.

via GIPHY

mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:19 AM   #145
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
Obviously, I didn't want us to trade Kelce. My larger point to that guy was that relying on just Mahomes to fix everything is dumb. We need other stars here besides just him as can't play both sides. We need guys on defense who other teams have to game plan for and who can make things easier for lesser players.

Jones is needed. DTs that can rush the pass are always needed. The national championship game tonight helped prove that Carter seemed like he was in the TCU backfield all night. You get pressure from up the middle and it's a game changer.
"Mahomes to fix everything".

I shouldn't have to explain this to you, but being the gormless bint seems your speed so here goes.

Jones will be 29. We got the best of Jones. In this hypothetical discussion, if you can trade him for a Reek type haul you do it.

This board went apopletic when Hill (also a potential gold jacket wearer) was sent to the fins. Finished 14-3. I'd be shopping Jones immediately. Especially if the Chiefs achieve the ultimate goal.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 06:05 AM   #146
pie is never free

A gormless bint?

Now thats a quality put down
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:31 AM   #147
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
"Mahomes to fix everything".

I shouldn't have to explain this to you, but being the gormless bint seems your speed so here goes.

Jones will be 29. We got the best of Jones. In this hypothetical discussion, if you can trade him for a Reek type haul you do it.

This board went apopletic when Hill (also a potential gold jacket wearer) was sent to the fins. Finished 14-3. I'd be shopping Jones immediately. Especially if the Chiefs achieve the ultimate goal.
Not sure that’s a good idea. You can afford to lose Tyreek because

1. KC still has a HOF TE who always took less than he is worth
2. KC still has the best QB in the league who is starting to hit his prime
3. KC has one of the best HCs of all time and someone recognized as one of the greatest offensive minds ever.

We have no equivalent of any of this on the defensive side of the ball. As such if this team had to overpay for any side, it’s that. Jones right now is our best pass rusher. I am not saying drastically overpay him and lock him in to long term contract with a ton in guarantees, but trading him for even a Tyreek haul is not wise.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 08:24 AM   #148
MVP

Generally, it's a bad idea to give up picks to pay someone market value, and that's what you would be doing with Chris Jones if another team was willing to give you a 1st rounder. If nobody gives you a first, I would sign him.
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:29 AM   #149
Supporter

His cap hit is 27M for 2023. Extending him can bring that number down considerably.

He is also by far the best DLineman on the team. Next in line isn't even close.

If cap space is needed $26m can be saved by dumping Clark and MVS.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:37 AM   #150
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Absolutely.

Guys saw a colleague laid out on national television, his career over.

Owners are about to get a dose of **** you from the players when it comes to getting paid.
If it was caused by the hit, his chances of playing again are quite high. If it's an underlying health issue that caused the arrest, that would have happened anyway.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.