Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-18-2019, 12:40 PM  
In Search of a Life

Tell me about some of your fave ‘Yacht Rock’ songs or bands

Been digging on some Yacht Rock lately. Was a little to young to appreciate it back in the day. What are some of your faves?

Stuff like:

Michael McDonald.
Christopher Cross.
Steely Dan.
Loggins & Messina.
The Doobie Brothers.
Kenny Loggins.
Hall & Oates.
Toto.

Etc.....
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #136
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
did you know that Randy California apprenticed with Jimi Hendrix? I saw Spirit in concert in San Antonio in 1980 or 81. Put on a really good show.
Jimi Hendrix gave Randy his new last name because he played alongside two Randys. So he called one Randy Texas and the other Randy California, his real name is Randy Wolfe. Randy's heirs are the ones that were suing Led Zeppelin for the plagiarism. Randy drown in the ocean in Hawaii about 20 years ago trying to save his son, his son lived but Randy didn't. Spirit was one of my favorites when their first album came out, listen to the song Mechanical World, it's a trip. BTW, Jay Ferguson dropped out of performing in the early 80's and started writing TV themes, his most famous is the theme to The Office.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #137
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
Jimi Hendrix gave Randy his new last name because he played alongside two Randys. So he called one Randy Texas and the other Randy California, his real name is Randy Wolfe. Randy's heirs are the ones that were suing Led Zeppelin for the plagiarism. Randy drown in the ocean in Hawaii about 20 years ago trying to save his son, his son lived but Randy didn't. Spirit was one of my favorites when their first album came out, listen to the song Mechanical World, it's a trip. BTW, Jay Ferguson dropped out of performing in the early 80's and started writing TV themes, his most famous is the theme to The Office.

Thanks for the additional background. I didn’t know about the Randy Texas. Pretty funny. I knew about the lawsuit. Led zep ripped off a lot of songs in their day. I’ll definitely go back and listen to Mechanical world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #138
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
And that being said, no 70's soft rock thread is complete without a little Bo Donaldson.

In my day we called that bubblegum rock
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:10 AM   #139
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
That's what I call what they call "country music" these days
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #140
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Soft Rock and Yacht Rock are the same thing. One just sounds less boring.

Would you rather be on a yacht or in a dentist chair
FYP
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #141
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
They were the shit when I was 9. Unfortunately they were gone by the time I was 10.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:41 AM   #142
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
They were the shit when I was 9. Unfortunately they were gone by the time I was 10.

Reminds me of this one,I called the radio station and asked them to play the OOGASHAKA song

Old 12-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #143
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Led zep ripped off a lot of songs in their day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stones first album was all blues covers.

Besides, that opening is similar, but not the same.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #144
Veteran

BTW, I am glad Deberg posted this here. Had it been in the Media thread, I would have missed it. This is a nice drive down memory lane.

No one has mentioned the Moody Blues. One of my favorites.

Band member Justin Hayward wrote and composed the song at age 19 in Swindon, and titled the song after a girlfriend gave him a gift of satin bedsheets. The song itself was a tale of a yearning love from afar, which leads many aficionados to term it as a tale of unrequited love endured by Hayward.

An aside: In theory, 10cc got its' name by the amount of fluid in an ejaculate.

Last edited by Holladay; 12-20-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #145
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
No one has mentioned the Moody Blues. One of my favorites.
I was actually thinking about because my iPod just played "Blue World", which I think qualifies.

I think their 60s and 70s stuff (except the first album) is more Prog Rock. But their 80s stuff, which is pretty hit or miss, has some yacht rock gems.

Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:51 PM   #146
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post

Btw Commodores is technically R&B (because they're black) but belong with yacht rock imo.
That's racist.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #147
Ultrabanned

I listened to a bit of Jim Croce this morning, don't care what genre that is; it's good shit.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #148
Cheat Death

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #149
Starter

JuNked nice call
Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #150
Starter

KCunited
Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.