Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 AM  
Feelin' Alright

src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/13413" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="239" allowFullScreen="true">

I'm not really sure what to think, yet.
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #271
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefs View Post
The nice thing for me is I haven't even seen Fern Gully OR Dances With Kevin Costner.
"Dances With Wolves" was an excellent film. Gorgeous scenery, moving story, great music from John Barry, and even Costner's wooden acting couldn't ruin it because it actually fit the character (much like how Keanu's wooden acting didn't ruin "The Matrix").

Oh, yeah, for anyone who hasn't seen "Avatar" yet, here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0101101007-01 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
Views:	72
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	90820  
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #272
Feelin' Alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Not if he wrote his scriptment in 1995. (Dances with Wolves was 1990).
I shouldn't have said written. He came up with the idea in the 80s but the tech wasn't right.
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #273
The 23rd Pillar

I liked the movie. I especially liked the plant life on Pandora. The story was pretty predictable, but I didn't find my attention wandering too much and for such a long movie, that's a pretty good accomplishment.

For those who are woot-ing over the blue guys defeating the evil humans, how much suffering do you think will result back on Earth from the failure of the expedition to secure that vein of Unobtainium? If there isn't a way to work something like that out, who can blame the humans for looking out for their own interests ahead of the indigenous population? I realize that the human leaders were set up as assholes, but their personalities can't be the full human story here. That's what I think about the supposed message behind this fairytale.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #274
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I liked the movie. I especially liked the plant life on Pandora. The story was pretty predictable, but I didn't find my attention wandering too much and for such a long movie, that's a pretty good accomplishment.

For those who are woot-ing over the blue guys defeating the evil humans, how much suffering do you think will result back on Earth from the failure of the expedition to secure that vein of Unobtainium? If there isn't a way to work something like that out, who can blame the humans for looking out for their own interests ahead of the indigenous population? I realize that the human leaders were set up as assholes, but their personalities can't be the full human story here. That's what I think about the supposed message behind this fairytale.
You're missing the entire point that there is a much more valuable "resource" on Pandora than the unobtanium: a living planet deity. Humanity might be able to completely change their evolutionary path and resolve all sorts of energy and racial crises if they devoted as much time to researching and exploring it as they were to the unobtanium.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #275
Cheaterlover*

Usually, IIRC, they have live-action models for motion-capture, no? Someone who does all the movements of the character? I'd like to know who the live-action model for Natiri was, and what she looks like in real life.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #276
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Usually, IIRC, they have live-action models for motion-capture, no? Someone who does all the movements of the character? I'd like to know who the live-action model for Natiri was, and what she looks like in real life.
Zoe Seldana.
Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #277
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
Zoe Seldana.
Well, I know Zoe Saldana was the voice actress, and they certainly worked her cheekbones into the character. But that doesn't necessarily mean Saldana was the body model and/or did any actual motion-capture movements. The way Natiri moves (e.g. pulling the bow, jumping into the trailer to save Jake, etc.,.) suggests a very fluid human motion. I'm just wondering if there's a smoking-hot seven-foot-tall skinny chick we need to have pictures of.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #278
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Well, I know Zoe Saldana was the voice actress, and they certainly worked her cheekbones into the character. But that doesn't necessarily mean Saldana was the body model and/or did any actual motion-capture movements. The way Natiri moves (e.g. pulling the bow, jumping into the trailer to save Jake, etc.,.) suggests a very fluid human motion. I'm just wondering if there's a smoking-hot seven-foot-tall skinny chick we need to have pictures of.
Seldana and Worthington did the mo-cap for their characters. Mostly. The action mo-cap for all Na'vi was done by a man named Rueben Langdon.
Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #279
oxymoron

Avatar crossed 350 million domestic this weekend with an estimated 68 million take. That's less than a 10% drop from last weekend, which itself was less than a 2% drop from the opening weekend (77 million, 75 million, 68 million). That's pretty amazing these days.

It's also over a billion worldwide and has passed The Dark Knight to land at #4 all time, unadjusted for inflation.

1. Titanic.......................$1,842,879,955
2. Return of the King........$1,119,110,941
3. Dead Man's Chest........$1,066,179,725
4. Avatar.......................$1,018,811,000
5. The Dark Knight...........$1,001,921,825

I don't know if it can match TDK's 500+ million domestic take, and there's no way on earth it matches Titanic, but that's pretty amazing regardless. And it has IMAX to itself until March.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #280
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post

Those were not the human leaders, that was a corporation trying to make bank on a metal that sells for $20mil/kilo (no idea what that would be in today's money, but who cares) back on Earth. We don't even know what it's used for, nothing we can't live without though, obviously...
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #281
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Avatar crossed 350 million domestic this weekend with an estimated 68 million take. That's less than a 10% drop from last weekend, which itself was less than a 2% drop from the opening weekend (77 million, 75 million, 68 million). That's pretty amazing these days.

It's also over a billion worldwide and has passed The Dark Knight to land at #4 all time, unadjusted for inflation.

1. Titanic.......................$1,842,879,955
2. Return of the King........$1,119,110,941
3. Dead Man's Chest........$1,066,179,725
4. Avatar.......................$1,018,811,000
5. The Dark Knight...........$1,001,921,825

I don't know if it can match TDK's 500+ million domestic take, and there's no way on earth it matches Titanic, but that's pretty amazing regardless. And it has IMAX to itself until March.
Heh, two Cameron movies on the list and that's not too shabby

Last edited by Tribal Warfare; 01-03-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #282
Feelin' Alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
Seldana and Worthington did the mo-cap for their characters. Mostly. The action mo-cap for all Na'vi was done by a man named Rueben Langdon.
Yeah, that's why I can't wait until the DVD is released. I love behind the scenes features.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #283
Stay positive, don't give up

I will pad the stats with another imax showing soon
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #284
Most Valuable Poster

Taking my 8 year old boy on Thursday...

And if the MPAA is concerned with movie pirating, etc... this is how you combat that. Have kick ass movies that you HAVE to see in the movie theatre.
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #285
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Just got back from watching Dances with the Last Blue Braveheart Alien Samurai-er.... I mean, Avatar.

I divide this film into the first third and the last two-thirds.

The first third was visionary, magnificent, wide-eyed wonder the likes of which I haven't seen since the first time I saw Star Wars back in 1977. The special effects are every bit as next-level as I was led to believe.

But the last two-thirds of this movie was ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY PREDICTABLE poor noble savages v. evile white douchebags story we've seen time and time again. There's no need to hide this in a spoiler, because if you've seen Dances With Wolves, and The Last Samurai, and Braveheart, you've all ready seen Avatar. Hell, Cameron even rips himself off with healthy doses of Alien (apparently Jeanette Goldstein is now too old to play the Jeanette Goldstein role, so Michelle Rodriquez has stepped in).

Seriously, I could have written the script as I went along. I knew everything that was coming. EVERYTHING. Either I'm a psychic genious, or this was the most unoriginal story put to film in years.

To tie such breathtaking FX with such a lame been there/done that story, seriously, it's damn near criminal.

**** you Cameron.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote