Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #14251
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Wrong. Annual rate is 41.44%, not monthly. 3.27% monthly. It's in your link.

Want to know what owning AMZN stock returned you in the past year? 46.86%.

This AMZY dividend minus the share price loss was 41.44% - 2.56% (share price loss) for total return of 38.88%

https://www.yieldmaxetfs.com/our-etfs/amzy/

Total return are all that matters when you are young and focusing on dividends for a young investor like your daughter is NOT the recipe for success. She needs growth and she should focus on total return.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:22 AM   #14252
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
It doesn’t pay 41% per month, your post made it sound like that. You agree?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:29 AM   #14253
Indian Twitter

For a dividend stock Blue Owl Cap Corp (OBDC) is a good one.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 12:37 PM   #14254
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
It doesn’t pay 41% per month, your post made it sound like that. You agree?
NO, Only a Moran would think that! The link was attached anyway . And my daughter uses her AMZY dividends to buy AMZN as well as more AMZY.

If you don't have the dividend income you have to rely on a paycheck from a JOB to buy stock.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #14255
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
For a dividend stock Blue Owl Cap Corp (OBDC) is a good one.
10% Yield and pays qtrly at 1.48 per year. Pass

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activi...vidend-history

AMZY/YMAG are much better options

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; Today at 12:59 PM..
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #14256
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
NO, Only a Moran would think that! The link was attached anyway . And my daughter uses her AMZY dividends to buy AMZN as well as more AMZY.

If you don't have the dividend income you have to rely on a paycheck from a JOB to buy stock.
Ok, thank you for qualifying.

PS I still love you even though we will never agree about dividends.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 PM   #14257
Veteran

Quote:
Ok, thank you for qualifying.

PS I still love you even though we will never agree about dividends.
Do you have an issue with dividend stocks in general or just investments like AMZY?
UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 01:48 PM   #14258
Supporter

Interestingly, my 3M stock purchase worked out. I'm currently up 53% and have booked 2 quarterly dividends. That's probably the best I've ever done on an individual stock purchase. Obviously my long term index holds are up more than that over time, but I'm pretty happy with the stock pick.

Now I need to figure out if I should sell it or turn DRIP on and let it go. If I can get things wound down in the next couple weeks, I'll look into the company a little more.

Full disclosure, my pussy ass only bought 2 shares, but I'm still marking it down as a win.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:38 PM   #14259
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
Do you have an issue with dividend stocks in general or just investments like AMZY?
You didn't ask me, but my issue is the 100% focus on the dividends and the complete ignoring of the stock price drops. Y'all should see the one HF deleted...
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:41 PM   #14260
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
You didn't ask me, but my issue is the 100% focus on the dividends and the complete ignoring of the stock price drops. Y'all should see the one HF deleted...
I had some wrong info in there so F off!

That's why I showed you guys YMAG / AMZY.

I'll never post in this thread again . It's turned into a shithole.

I may be done with CP all together.
Old Today, 02:44 PM   #14261
Veteran

Quote:
Initially I was looking at dividends to build a nice income portfolio. Then I realized I’d rather have growth and pay capital gains tax instead of income tax.

Last edited by UteChief; Today at 03:16 PM.. Reason: Clarity
UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #14262
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Interestingly, my 3M stock purchase worked out. I'm currently up 53% and have booked 2 quarterly dividends. That's probably the best I've ever done on an individual stock purchase. Obviously my long term index holds are up more than that over time, but I'm pretty happy with the stock pick.

Now I need to figure out if I should sell it or turn DRIP on and let it go. If I can get things wound down in the next couple weeks, I'll look into the company a little more.

Full disclosure, my pussy ass only bought 2 shares, but I'm still marking it down as a win.
Dammit.

I mean, good for you. I sold my last shares right as you bought.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #14263
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Initially I was looking at dividends to build a nice income portfolio. Then I realized I’d rather have growth and pay capital gains instead on income tax.
Yeah, I'm sure there are some good options for dividends out there, but it's not like it's been tough making money in the stock market this year. I'm up 35% in my basic target date fund in the past 12 months.
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #14264
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure there are some good options for dividends out there, but it's not like it's been tough making money in the stock market this year. I'm up 35% in my basic target date fund in the past 12 months.
Yeah, but that’s probably in a retirement account. I was talking about shorter term investing. I’m mostly VOO also up 35% in the last year.
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #14265
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Yeah, but that’s probably in a retirement account. I was talking about shorter term investing. I’m mostly VOO also up 35% in the last year.
Eh, it's all just variations on a theme. I run a 4 fund portfolio of index fund ETFs in my taxable account (which intentionally avoid dividends so that you can go for capital gains instead), and it's done about as well.

(US Stocks, International Stocks, US Bonds, and Real Estate, for the record.)

Last edited by DaFace; Today at 03:57 PM..