Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2023, 10:48 AM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: Heir to the Empire

Oh my sweet summer child

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:27 PM   #31
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Holy cow. Is that a real one or a deep fake? I had no idea she could bring that kind of heat.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:46 PM   #32
Ain't no relax!

Please, please let this be awesome. Thrawn deserves it...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2023, 05:54 AM   #33
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
sure thing bud

I know she is 19, but it makes me feel a bit weird looking at her like that.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-19-2023, 06:49 PM   #34
MVP

First, they dumped the EU. Now they are trying to use it.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:13 AM   #35
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

So I just finished Outbound Flight.

Disney. Please. Pretty pretty pretty please. Just....take a do-over on the whole thing.

Bring back EU Thrawn and EU...everything. Use this movie as an excuse to just reset the entire damn cinema universe and build a genuinely good universe.

And just put Zahn in charge of the whole thing.

Even the mediocre stuff like Survivors Quest (WE HAVE GOOD GUY BADASS STORM TROOPERS!) is just orders of magnitude better than what Disney has done. And you know how I know this? Zahn's newer 'canon' Thrawn trilogy just isn't nearly as good. When you put him in the shackles you created, the very BEST character treatment you've managed in Thrawn still suffers. Meanwhile the original Zahn version of him is truly an incredibly layered and interesting character (****ing dude might just be a good guy in a lot of ways; the Chiss are pretty friggen awesome).

Can we please rectify this? I mean even if all you do is pick up the NJO books and say "yeah, we're calling the EU canon again and away we go...." then I'll forgive you.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #36
I'll be back.

Just trust that Filoni will bring the Mando/Ashoka timeline to a worthy conclusion.
Old Today, 09:33 AM   #37
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Just trust that Filoni will bring the Mando/Ashoka timeline to a worthy conclusion.
I just don't understand why they feel the need to crank the woke knob up to 11.

The existing EU has AWESOME female characters. I mean obviously Mara Jade but you have Jaina Solo, Mirax Terrik, Vergere, Siri Tachi, Wessiri, Lara, etc... And obviously Leia and Ahsoka.

You guys have so much material to work with here. Why do you have to just ignore all of it?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #38
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

The EU definitely got out of hand at the end of its life cycle.

Warning: Extreme Star Wars EU nerdery about to start

Seriously. I warned you. Look away. I'm hideous.

The original Zahn trilogy was important and impactful because it was the first new SW content in ages and ages, and it was the kick-off for a lot of EU stuff. Zahn is amazing, and killed it, and had an incredibly interesting storyline with lots of layered characters, including Thrawn himself (who is doing bad things in partnership with the Empire but doing them in the context of protecting his corner of the Universe AND the universe at large from the very, very, bad, totally evil and incompatible with other sentient life things in the Unknown Regions).

From there, there were a lot of stand-alone novels of varying quality. Some were good. Some were trash. Then they started building up the canon of the Post RotJ world. The Solo twins and Anakin Solo were born. The Jedi Order was restarted. Peace was made with the Imperial Remnant.

Where things went wrong was in the way the "outside the galaxy" threat was introduced.

The Yuuzhan Vong were horrifying and gruesome and anathema to any culture but their own and ones that assimilated with them. But the scope of it was so big and so many authors had their fingers in the pie, it just didn't work well.

Big decisions were made for bad reasons. Anakin Solo was killed off midway through this enormous book cycle - because there was concern that having "two Anakins" in the universe was going to be too confusing.

So the most interesting "new generation character" was given a disappointing end. And his chracter arc was shifted to his brother. And that ended up being a disaster.

The shark was jumped at that point. They also made the mistake of giving "universe control" to some people who just didn't have the skills to be doing it (Aaron Allston, for example, got a 9-book arc).

I still don't like the reset, but at least with it they have a chance to re-do things and keep the good and scrape out the bad.

I'd still like to see them visit Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious and that whole arrangement, but with the failure of Acolyte I'm not sure how they set that up.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:11 PM   #39
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I'd still like to see them visit Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious and that whole arrangement, but with the failure of Acolyte I'm not sure how they set that up.
LITERALLY just copy and paste.

This would be one of the most interesting star wars miniseries ever. Starts with Palpatine MURDERING his family.

Old Today, 02:52 PM   #40
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
LITERALLY just copy and paste.

This would be one of the most interesting star wars miniseries ever. Starts with Palpatine MURDERING his family.

Yeah, if I were running the universe, anything written by Stover or Luceno could just be ported over basically as-is. Both were excellent.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.