Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2024, 04:15 PM  
Repeal the 19th Amendment

*****The Bobby Witt Jr. Thread*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
If bwj doesn't have his own thread yet, it's past due. We need a place to memorialize everything he is doing in the moment.
Yes. Good call.

GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GeorgeZimZam has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #91
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
I was just screwing around looking at Bobby's numbers and thinking about Brett's race to .400 in 1980.

Let's say Bobby's August is as hot as his July. So I plugged those numbers in, give or take. Putting him at 200 total hits and 532 AB's through the end of August would give him a .375 BA.

What did I conclude? Hitting .400 for a season is really, really, really ****ing hard. If you can hit over .300 for three months, have two months of hitting close to .500 and still be 25 points shy? No wonder Brett cracked under the pressure.
I will tell you how hard hitting .400 is: Tony Gwynn & George Brett never hit .400

Gwynn hit .394 but only played in 110 games that year, and Brett hit .390 but only played in 117 games that year.

Gwynn and Brett are the two best hitters of my lifetime. However, Brett, to me, was by far the better player between the two, and combined average with more prolific production, but Gwynn has a higher career batting average, .338 vs .311, and almost 500 fewer strikeouts.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.