Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2024, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2024 STL Cardinals Thread ***

I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its officially released.

2024 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-28-2024 at 10:04 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:27 PM   #526
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Pham so far has 6 RBIs in his first 2 games back with Stl. Small but fun sample size.
If Pham injects some energy into this club do you think it will in any way change their approach to the locker room?

For literally a decade this team has looked to get rid of anyone that brought fire and passion to the roster. "Not a Cardinal Way player". It's why they didn't have any interest in Harper.

You NEED a couple guys like this. It can't even be someone like Arenado - who is (was) a grinder and lunchpail guy. Because there still has to be a true fiery personality in there to hold those quieter guys accountable.

For years it was LaRussa. He was that fire. And for a bit it was Shildt. But even during the LaRussa years you had some real wild cards on the roster; someone to complement the quiet leadership of your Pujols and Rolen types. Eric Davis, Steve Klein - those sort of guys. Dudes who will absolutely 'Mother****' you if you're jaking it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #527
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If Pham injects some energy into this club do you think it will in any way change their approach to the locker room?

For literally a decade this team has looked to get rid of anyone that brought fire and passion to the roster. "Not a Cardinal Way player". It's why they didn't have any interest in Harper.

You NEED a couple guys like this. It can't even be someone like Arenado - who is (was) a grinder and lunchpail guy. Because there still has to be a true fiery personality in there to hold those quieter guys accountable.

For years it was LaRussa. He was that fire. And for a bit it was Shildt. But even during the LaRussa years you had some real wild cards on the roster; someone to complement the quiet leadership of your Pujols and Rolen types. Eric Davis, Steve Klein - those sort of guys. Dudes who will absolutely 'Mother****' you if you're jaking it.
I read a story once about Steve Klein and Mike Matheney getting into a fisticuffs because Klein kept shaking Mike off. No idea where I read it or if it's true.

What's concerning about today is McGreevy goes 7 innings of 1 run ball. They're going to try to shoehorn his ass in as the future ace even though it was the ****ing Rangers.

Also...why the **** to they keep trotting Brandon ****ing Crawford out there in any capacity?

Last edited by raybec 4; Today at 03:17 PM..
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 04:21 PM   #528
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
I read a story once about Steve Klein and Mike Matheney getting into a fisticuffs because Klein kept shaking Mike off. No idea where I read it or if it's true.

What's concerning about today is McGreevy goes 7 innings of 1 run ball. They're going to try to shoehorn his ass in as the future ace even though it was the ****ing Rangers.

Also...why the **** to they keep trotting Brandon ****ing Crawford out there in any capacity?
On my 21st birthday I was in Pittsburgh and caught a Cardinals-Pirates game. Kline was warming up in the OF with the other pitchers and moseyed over near the right field line, where we were sitting nd a groundskeeper was working. As the guy was on his hands and knees, Kline quasi mounts him and starts pantomiming piledriving the guy. Then he came over, chatted us up, and signed our hats.

Dude was the ****ing GOAT.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:32 PM   #529
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
On my 21st birthday I was in Pittsburgh and caught a Cardinals-Pirates game. Kline was warming up in the OF with the other pitchers and moseyed over near the right field line, where we were sitting nd a groundskeeper was working. As the guy was on his hands and knees, Kline quasi mounts him and starts pantomiming piledriving the guy. Then he came over, chatted us up, and signed our hats.

Dude was the ****ing GOAT.
I was at training camp one year and we spent a full week out there. We had our Service Dog with us (we fostered one for about 14 months; took him places and trained him up before he was 'polished' and sent to a permanent home) so we stood out a bit.

LaRussa being an animal lover would come over and chat a little here and there. I really thought we were gonna get to go into the clubhouse -- he told us to come out at like 7a one morning but when we got there they'd gotten delayed by something so we couldn't go in.

In either event, we chatted with Kline a bit and then went up to Orlando (I think) for a game and sat next to their 'bullpen' -- just some folding chairs in foul territory. He recognized us and we talked for a bit but during the game, that dude was funny as shit and a complete dawg. I mean he was hitting on EVERYONE. Really personable though; great guy.

In all the years we went out there, he and Kyle Lohse were the two that really stood out as just genuinely great and funny guys. The year that Wainwright and Carpenter kept each other from winning the CY (they split the vote) I said something to them about it. Wainwright says "Yeah, we both could've won it..." and Lohse just deadpans to him "man, I'm gonna tell the rest of the guys you think they suck..."

Or when he got all riled up at the fans after he followed Waino into BP. Waino hits a couple bombs and otherwise mis-hits everything. Lohse drills everything on a line up the box. Fans went crazy clapping for Wainwright's dingers and its quiet when Lohse is done. He just turns and goes "Damn man, I was 5 for 5! What the ****!?!?"

You want some personality on the squad, fellas. But you've gotta have a leader that can actually handle them. Going all the way back to Matheny, we just haven't. But it was no accident that fairly boisterous guys like Bader and O'Neill played their asses off for Shildt.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.