Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:22 PM   #616
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Hell, for a while I'd just make a few pounds of taco beef and eat it through the week.

Your thing sounds tastier
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:44 PM   #617
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Here's another meal prep I've been making for a couple months now.

1 lb. lean ground meat (I'm a beef guy so usually this is beef, but I made it with turkey and it was almost the same)

1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning (or season yourself)

1 14.5 oz. can of black beans

1 cup cooked jasmine/basmati rice (can buy these now precooked at most stores)

3 cups of various veggies (onions/bell peppers/japs or store-bought pico de gallo are my gotos)

Cook the meat with the taco seasoning, drain, and put in a 8x8 baking pan

layer the rest of ingredients over meat, I usually put the rice somewhere in the middle, so it doesn't get burnt

Add a layer of low-fat cheese to the top and bake in oven @350 degrees for 20 minutes or put half of pan in microwave safe bowl and mike for 90 seconds on high.

I eat these half a pan at a time, which gives about 40 grams of protein/approx. 500 cals per serving.
I’ve been doing this meal prep for about over a year now. Literally just made this today. I don’t bake it though, just throw it all in a container and eat it when I get home for dinner.

3 lbs ground turkey
1 can black beans
2 small cans diced jalapeño’s
2 small cans diced green chilies
1 bag frozen fajita pepper mix
1 1/2 cups minute rice

Just cook it all and store in the refrigerator, lasts about 5 days for me. Don’t forget to switch up the hot sauces.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 05:48 PM   #618
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
I’ve been doing this meal prep for about over a year now. Literally just made this today. I don’t bake it though, just throw it all in a container and eat it when I get home for dinner.

3 lbs ground turkey
1 can black beans
2 small cans diced jalapeño’s
2 small cans diced green chilies
1 bag frozen fajita pepper mix
1 1/2 cups minute rice

Just cook it all and store in the refrigerator, lasts about 5 days for me. Don’t forget to switch up the hot sauces.

Yep, looks very similar. Sometimes I cheat a little and make a few crispy tortillas and spoon the stuff in there for taco night.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2024, 03:39 PM   #619
Needs more middle fingers

MK-677. I've got a source for it and am considering it.

Anyone have any experience with it or knowledge on it?
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2024, 04:14 PM   #620
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
MK-677. I've got a source for it and am considering it.

Anyone have any experience with it or knowledge on it?

It makes you hungry AF

It makes you bloated AF

It makes you sleepy and lethargic

It does, however, work for what it's advertised to do (boost natty GH release)

Seriously, your appetite will be insatiable and you'll poof like a balloon

If you want to grow, it's the drug for you because you undoubtedly eat enough food and get enough sleep
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2024, 04:24 PM   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
It makes you hungry AF

It makes you bloated AF

It makes you sleepy and lethargic

It does, however, work for what it's advertised to do (boost natty GH release)

Seriously, your appetite will be insatiable and you'll poof like a balloon

If you want to grow, it's the drug for you because you undoubtedly eat enough food and get enough sleep
Hrmmm....damn. Hrmmm....gonna have to think about this one. Sounds like what you'd take if you're getting real serious about an actual bulk.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:07 PM   #622
Suupraa Geniuuusss

So when I began training again a little over 8 months ago, I weighed 178 lb. Today, I weigh 168.6 lb. Tracked my calories (estimated, didn't weigh anything) and the last month or so I dabbled with temporary fasting or whatever its called. Basically stopped eating around 8p and didn't eat anything until around 2-3p the next day, usually after my workout.

Stoked about the weight loss, just need to burn about 5-7 more lbs of fat, I think.

A quick thanks to everyone in the thread that gave me good advice during this journey or whatever. I feel like a lot of it helped me with this so far.

EDIT: I think it's called intermittent fasting.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
the last month or so I dabbled with temporary fasting or whatever its called. Basically stopped eating around 8p and didn't eat anything until around 2-3p the next day, usually after my workout.
See, i have the opposite problem, which is why i struggle to add muscle mass. What you just described isn't something i consciously think about, it's just how i eat normally, lol.

Im never hungry in the mornings and always in a bit of a rush, so i almost always skip breakfast.

Then, depending on how busy work is, i may completely forget to eat lunch at all, or not eat lunch till late in the day, around 2 or 3.

I've lost about 13lbs in the last 3-4 months while not actually trying to lose weight. And no one is going to look at me and think i need to lose weight as it is....but i do like the way i look better.

I just stopped eating fast food, chips, Ice Cream and soda and i leaned more into protein and less with the filler shit like rice and mashed potatoes and so forth. But because im not eating breakfast most of the time, im still falling short of my protein goals. If i had to guess, im probably getting around 80-90G's of protein per day, well short of my goal but still a substantial increase over what i was doing all my life.

Basically, i started eating more like an adult and less like a teenager
Old Today, 12:36 PM   #624
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

I started running in late May. Do no weight training of anytime since 2016. Can now run a mile in 7:30 which I know isn't great but I couldn’t do more than 11 min when I first started. I ran/walk a 5k the other day in 29 min something but strained my groin.

Going to run a 5k in Sept or Oct. The heat really took it outta me today after taking a week and a half break. Would I beat anyone, anyone at all in a 39 to 49 year old division in a 5k? Dont want to totally embarrass myself. Would prefer to be able to run the entire 3.1 miles first before I join. I can only run about 2.5 right now.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #625
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post

Going to run a 5k in Sept or Oct. The heat really took it outta me today after taking a week and a half break. Would I beat anyone, anyone at all in a 39 to 49 year old division in a 5k? Dont want to totally embarrass myself. Would prefer to be able to run the entire 3.1 miles first before I join. I can only run about 2.5 right now.
Depending on how small the race is, you could maybe place. The 39-49 age group typically has a lot of runners though. With more training you could get down under a 25 minute and your placing potential would be much higher.

Don't worry about placing though. Just go do one! Those races always have plenty of walkers and fat people, so you definitely wont be getting last place or embarrassing yourself at all. And, if you're single (and I have a feeling you are), races are a great place to meet attractive, in shape, down to earth women.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:40 PM   #626
In Pat We Trust

If you are struggling to eat enough protein because you are not hungry and in a rush you might try drinking your protein in the morning. You can slam a glass of pasteurized egg whites in a matter of seconds.
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 12:44 PM   #627
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
If you are struggling to eat enough protein because you are not hungry and in a rush you might try drinking your protein in the morning. You can slam a glass of pasteurized egg whites in a matter of seconds.
Blender and water? Sounds kind of nasty but I like to eat egg whites.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #628
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
See, i have the opposite problem, which is why i struggle to add muscle mass. What you just described isn't something i consciously think about, it's just how i eat normally, lol.

Im never hungry in the mornings and always in a bit of a rush, so i almost always skip breakfast.

Then, depending on how busy work is, i may completely forget to eat lunch at all, or not eat lunch till late in the day, around 2 or 3.

I've lost about 13lbs in the last 3-4 months while not actually trying to lose weight. And no one is going to look at me and think i need to lose weight as it is....but i do like the way i look better.

I just stopped eating fast food, chips, Ice Cream and soda and i leaned more into protein and less with the filler shit like rice and mashed potatoes and so forth. But because im not eating breakfast most of the time, im still falling short of my protein goals. If i had to guess, im probably getting around 80-90G's of protein per day, well short of my goal but still a substantial increase over what i was doing all my life.

Basically, i started eating more like an adult and less like a teenager

Yeah, I'm 54 so the metabolism has slowed way down since I was in my 20s-30s. But I have found that if I work hard enough and consistently enough, I can raise it up some. But it doesn't take much at all for it to drop back; I have to keep hitting the gym and so forth. If I take more than a couple days off, it seems like my metabolism goes right back to couch-mode.

Also, even when I was in HS, I'd usually gain a few pounds over the summer until school started and I went back to playing soccer, running track, or whatever. So we definitely have different metabolisms.

The protein thing is tough. I don't like all the protein shakes, but most days I have to drink at least one to meet my goals.

On the bright side, I can eat more steaks and pork chops per month, lol.
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #629
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Blender and water? Sounds kind of nasty but I like to eat egg whites.
Get a good Protein powder and mix it with some milk in the morning. I like measuring the milk out the night before so it is a quick process. Takes literally about a minute.

Or buy the Protein Shakes that are premade. I wouldn't go that other route as like you said - it probably tastes like ass.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #630
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I started running in late May. Do no weight training of anytime since 2016. Can now run a mile in 7:30 which I know isn't great but I couldn’t do more than 11 min when I first started. I ran/walk a 5k the other day in 29 min something but strained my groin.

Set a goal to run farther than the actual race. I'd set it at 4 miles. Don't worry about how fast, just complete the run. We used to call it LSD (long Slow Distance training). Jog it if you have to, but finish the distance without stopping. Right now, you can run 2.5 miles, which is great. Add a half mile next week. Then a week or two later add another half mile. Eventually get to 4 miles, or whatever.

By the time the race comes around, 3 miles will feel short.

I wouldn't worry about placing. Racing is a different animal than just running a few miles alone. You're going to be kind of amped up at the start line, probably start off too fast, your pace won't match most of the people around you, etc. Baby steps. Just finish the race without feeling like you're going to die on the spot. Maybe think about how you place next year when you run it again.