Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2024, 11:12 AM  
Veteran

Marquez-Valdes Scanwhatever signs for the Bills

Butter fingers MVS has fittingly just signed a deal to join a team in Buffalo named after Bill Buckner.

See ya.

Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #106
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
"Major" contributor is definitely a reach...
Idk. I think being top 3 in receiving yards on a team with 10+ possible targets is pretty major.

I think you are being nit picky, but if you want to say that Kelce is a major contributor and MVS being a step or three down from him then can I say he was a moderate contributor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Sure. But anyone that was on the team can say that. This dude averages 500-600 yards a season and he's literally had the two most talented passers of all time throwing to him.

It's like Jeff Allen bragging about how he helped Jamaal Charles be one of the best runningbacks of the 2000s. Like yeah, you were there and contributed, but it shouldn't be something you brag about helping.

They're just the guys in the group project who put in little to no work but want to talk about how they helped get the project an A. Like dude, I'm sure Rodgers and Mahomes would have had zero problems getting mvps without you.
I think you have to be reasonable. Contributing 500-600 yards per season is pretty good. If the average QB throws for 4,500 yards, that’s like 15% of his total yardage for the year.

You should also consider that he earned the “Playoff MVS” moniker. The guy made some clutch, key plays throughout the last couple postseason runs. You can't say the same about Skyy Moore. You can’t say the same about Toney. You can’t say the same about Clyde.

That is why I wanted to know the context of the quote because he sounds defensive.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #107

This does bring me back to a locker room interview from, I believe, Terez shortly after the huge drop MVS had against Philly last year. The interviewer basically pressed him about the drops and you could tell MVS really took offense to it. He basically argued that his drops weren’t an issue, “you won’t make every play”, blah blah blah. I think he even Tweeted out afterward with a bit of a tongue lashing toward the interviewer, questioning his professional integrity. Like, ‘how dare you try to make me look bad’ type of thing.

Idk MVS but to me, that made him come across as the kind of guy who cannot be honest with himself and his abilities. Maybe he thinks he is more important than he actually is. And he doesn’t seem like the type who takes accountability for his mistakes.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:06 AM   #108
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
This does bring me back to a locker room interview from, I believe, Terez shortly after the huge drop MVS had against Philly last year. The interviewer basically pressed him about the drops and you could tell MVS really took offense to it. He basically argued that his drops weren’t an issue, “you won’t make every play”, blah blah blah. I think he even Tweeted out afterward with a bit of a tongue lashing toward the interviewer, questioning his professional integrity. Like, ‘how dare you try to make me look bad’ type of thing.

Idk MVS but to me, that made him come across as the kind of guy who cannot be honest with himself and his abilities. Maybe he thinks he is more important than he actually is. And he doesn’t seem like the type who takes accountability for his mistakes.
I hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighly doubt it was Terez.
KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 10:03 AM   #109

Wow, Terez passed in 2021? Wtfffff.

Ok, so, yeah.. def not Terez. Idk who it was. Pretty sure it was a black dude though.
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #110
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Idk. I think being top 3 in receiving yards on a team with 10+ possible targets is pretty major.

I think you are being nit picky, but if you want to say that Kelce is a major contributor and MVS being a step or three down from him then can I say he was a moderate contributor?

I think you have to be reasonable. Contributing 500-600 yards per season is pretty good. If the average QB throws for 4,500 yards, that’s like 15% of his total yardage for the year.

You should also consider that he earned the “Playoff MVS” moniker. The guy made some clutch, key plays throughout the last couple postseason runs. You can't say the same about Skyy Moore. You can’t say the same about Toney. You can’t say the same about Clyde.

That is why I wanted to know the context of the quote because he sounds defensive.
This you?

Quote:
We really need to figure out how to take deep shots to anyone other than Hardman and MVS.

Those two are basically worthless.

This is what happens when you play contrarian. There's zero chance you would've called MVS a "major contributor" at any point of his his time with the Chiefs. Just stop. He was a solid contributor that stepped up in the playoffs.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:43 AM   #111
'Stachecicle

No hate for MVS. Hope he enjoys playing in Buffalo w/ a 2nd tier QB. Made a contribution to some SB runs. Look forward to having him back in ten years to play a short video of his highlight catches and bang the drum….a playoff game so he doesn’t drop the giant drumstick.
trndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
This you?

This is what happens when you play contrarian. There's zero chance you would've called MVS a "major contributor" at any point of his his time with the Chiefs. Just stop. He was a solid contributor that stepped up in the playoffs.
Did you really think you were doing something there?

Read my post and the one I responded to. Consider the timing. I was specifically saying they were worthless in regards to taking deep shots. Because they generally were.

This was after the Dolphins playoff game in which Hardman had two deep shots that he either completely lost track of or appeared to not even try to run down. The post I was replying to actually said there were three deep shot misses to Hardman but I don’t recall the third off the top of my head.

MVS had 1 catch for 8 yards on 2 targets. ESPN play-by-play shows that the other target to MVS was a deep shot across the middle. I don’t remember it specifically but it makes sense that I was annoyed with the two in that moment.

Hardman is a burner. MVS is a 6’4” burner. Toney is not suited for deep shots. Skyy Moore is definitely not. Kelce is a TE. Watson is good but not particularly fast. Of course I was frustrated with our two WRs whose main contribution should be stretching the defense when Pat cant seem to connect with them frequently for whatever reason.