Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM  

Jordan Love holding out

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #121
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
$50M/yr is a pretty expensive roll of the dice on 8 games is all I'm saying. I mean, I get why they would pay him that kind of $$$. Just saying I wouldn't.
He plays well this year he can guarantee the $50MM per after this season.

I wonder if he wouldn't agree to take a big increase on his deal this year and look for a new deal next year.

Edit: just checked and they show $28MM in cap space. I might eat $10MM of that to bump Loves pay to buy another year of evaluation.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #122
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
He plays well this year he can guarantee the $50MM per after this season.

I wonder if he wouldn't agree to take a big increase on his deal this year and look for a new deal next year.

Edit: just checked and they show $28MM in cap space. I might eat $10MM of that to bump Loves pay to buy another year of evaluation.

That's kind of where I was going earlier. Give him some kind of extension that gives him a big increase this year, and somehow structure it so the team has an out after 2025 or whatever. I just wouldn't throw a long super-expensive deal on the table just because he found his ass for 8 games, possibly hamstringing my franchise for the next 5+ years if he regresses back to 'almost a bust' status.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #123
Supporter

Another franchise-crippling contract coming soon!
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #124
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
No the alternative is making him play on his contract this year. No idea why you think its pay him or trade him. He doesn't have any leverage.

How big a contract on the open market would Love get right now today? It aint $50MM a year.
He’d easily get $60+ million. He’s 25 and was 2nd in the league in TD’s, 7th in passing yards and 11th in QB rating as a first year starter.

Guarantee a team like the Raiders and Giants would pay that. The Saints would dump Carr and pay it, the Panthers and Titans would pay it if their rookie QB’s from last year suck again this year.

Don’t forget that next years QB class sucks balls which would help him even more.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM   #125
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
He’d easily get $60+ million. He’s 25 and was 2nd in the league in TD’s, 7th in passing yards and 11th in QB rating as a first year starter.

Guarantee a team like the Raiders and Giants would pay that. The Saints would dump Carr and pay it, the Panthers and Titans would pay it if their rookie QB’s from last year suck again this year.

Don’t forget that next years QB class sucks balls which would help him even more.
I've been wrong before and will be wrong again. Still not sure about that. I guess we will get to see how it plays out.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #126
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
$50M/yr is a pretty expensive roll of the dice on 8 games is all I'm saying. I mean, I get why they would pay him that kind of $$$. Just saying I wouldn't.
It's a roll of the dice if you're paying just about any QB that isn't Mahomes or Allen these days. Stroud probably too eventually.

All of these guys, even Burrow and Lamar, were risky contracts.

Lawrence didn't just get paid what he did because of how he's played. All of the guys in that tier are getting paid for what you hope they continue to grow into. I don't see a significant difference between paying Love and a guy like Lawrence. I actually feel better about Love growin into a QB worthy of that money.

I'd be much more concerned about the small sample size if Love didn't have the athleticism, talent, and tools to be great.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #127
Why so serious?

Yeah, the issue is, none of the QBs in this tier or even near this tier ever hit the open market at this age. So it’s absolutely impossible to peg what their value would be because you can’t use any of the existing contracts as those weren’t fully open market deals.

Lamar is as close as it’s comes and any team that would’ve signed him would’ve had to give up 2 1’s. And that’s, uh, a big deal.

I’m not surprised the Love discussions are complicated. He did exactly what he was supposed to do in a limited sample size and I’m sure he’s trying to negotiate off of that being the norm while the Packers are applying some discount.

I think it’s similar to Trevor Lawrence but at least the Lawrence body of work has more data points. The flip side is we’ve seen the Lawrence inconsistency with high highs and somewhat low lows while Love really only truly excelled to this level late in the season.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.