Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Anyone watching Hardknocks?

Checked out some of it tonight and wow. It’s crazy time that the Giants are just a full blown disaster. They can’t pay Saquon and then watch their divisional rival Eagles steal him even though they paid Hurts $6 million more APY as well as Devonta, AJ Brown etc.

I feel bad for Kafka being in that shithole bc they are about to clean house soon.

It’s incredible having pro’s like Veach, Andy and Spags work together and run this franchise. Also exposes why most teams aren’t good.

We really lucked out with all 3 but especially Veach. He’s gonna be here a long time unless he decided to retire when Mahomes does.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #2
Veteran

Watching the episodes, I do question the Giants front office's processes a lot. I couldn't believe the conversation that Daboll and Schoen had just hours before the free agent signing period, it seemed like they didn't have a concrete plan until the midnight hour.

But even as bad as their offense was last year, I can't say their decision to not resign Saquon was wrong. He's a luxury item for a team with too many holes.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #3
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Checked out some of it tonight and wow. It’s crazy time that the Giants are just a full blown disaster. They can’t pay Saquon and then watch their divisional rival Eagles steal him even though they paid Hurts $6 million more APY as well as Devonta, AJ Brown etc.

I feel bad for Kafka being in that shithole bc they are about to clean house soon.

It’s incredible having pro’s like Veach, Andy and Spags work together and run this franchise. Also exposes why most teams aren’t good.

We really lucked out with all 3 but especially Veach. He’s gonna be here a long time unless he decided to retire when Mahomes does.
Why Kafka left is beyond me. Yes he's an OC, but why not just ride it out here until a good OC position opens?

Oh well.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:20 AM   #4
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Why Kafka left is beyond me. Yes he's an OC, but why not just ride it out here until a good OC position opens?

Oh well.
He can always come back.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
He can always come back.
That was my thought too. It's not like he cut all ties to Reid and Veach when he left. In fact, as much as I hated losing him when we did, it might work out very well for us to have him cutting his teeth in NY before he comes back to have Andy retool him.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old Today, 05:45 AM   #6
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
He can always come back.
Unfortunately, I think we're going to be stuck with Nagy for a very long time.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:09 AM   #7
You gotta kill a few people

Yep, oddly enough my lady makes me watch all of these football shows. I don’t give two shits about a shit franchise like the Giants though I will admit that these BTS docs do give an interesting perspective into the biz.

During the FA madness period they had this bald white dude in the room periodically wheeling and dealing. He’s just like “I think we’ll need to make it $7 per and 2 years. That’ll get it done.” Then Schoen’s like “OK, get it done”. That bald lackey did that two or three times and I was just wondering who tf he was. Man was getting shit done, doing more than the GM and AGM.

Also, they’ve showed some negotiating with the Panthers and I’m not surprised that franchise is a dumpster fire. They were somewhere, I want to say it was the Senior Bowl, and a bunch of the GMs were bullshitting on the sideline. The Panthers guy is like “Do you wanna give us something for Burns? Maybe two 1s……. Or a 1 and something?” I couldn’t believe the guy undercut himself literally within 3 seconds of letting Schoen know Burns was available for trade.

I don’t pretend to be a sales expert but you have to know to keep your mouth shut there.

Then, months later when they were on the phone finalizing the deal, the Panthers guy asks for an additional 7th to be tacked on and Schoen is just like “Our daughters are besties, dude, and we need players too. Let’s just leave it the way we had it.” and the Panthers guy dropped it as quickly as he brought it up

Just incompetent all around.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:11 AM   #8
Cheat Death

Once they paid Jones they were doomed. Moving on from Saquan was the right move when Schoen said "we're not paying Jones 40 million dollars to hand the ball off to a 12 million dollar RB". But he probably should be fighting harder to get out from Jones before they wind up in purgatory draft territory

They're in total pre-Ried/Mahomes Chiefs territory where its we need more fatties and a moar weapons around a poop QB

I did like the QB interviews with Daboll. That was good insight into how those go. Where he made Jayden Daniels repeat a play call then later in the interview asked Daniels a personal question then interrupted his answer and said "repeat that play call back to me again". Stuff like that is pretty cool to see

Overall I'm enjoying this season before the focus shifts more to the players and we're getting to see more of the offseason process with front office types even though its the Giants
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:18 AM   #9
Mahomes > God

I've been watching it, think it's been really good so far...I really enjoy these behind the scenes inside baseball looks at franchises.

The Chiefs love has been great to see lol...they slobbered all over Jones in the first episode and then we had Worthy running at the draft. Thanks Giants haha.

Joe Schoen completely lost me when he said in the first episode that he believes in Daniel Jones and basically can build around him....I get it, you have to say that yadda yadda yadda but I'd push back and say....do you really have to say it?

It's made me even more of a fan than Daboll though...the entire convo where he said he could beat Worthy in the 40 if he started at the 25 yard line was hilarious.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 07:19 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Also, they’ve showed some negotiating with the Panthers and I’m not surprised that franchise is a dumpster fire. They were somewhere, I want to say it was the Senior Bowl, and a bunch of the GMs were bullshitting on the sideline. The Panthers guy is like “Do you wanna give us something for Burns? Maybe two 1s……. Or a 1 and something?” I couldn’t believe the guy undercut himself literally within 3 seconds of letting Schoen know Burns was available for trade.
Schoen very clearly says No when two 1s are brought up initially. That's why the Panthers GM dropped it down to a 1 and something else and Schoen replies that he's heading in the right direction. It didn't just happen for no reason.

I like the show a lot and it's cool to see how the NFL works from that side. They clearly were letting Saquon walk but I think the plan of letting him get an offer and the Giants matching was to appease John Mara. I don't think Schoen had any intention of matching the offer.

The Giants seem to be building a nice defense and they can get out from under that Daniel Jones contract after this season with only a $22 mil cap hit. If they still stink this year, then they may have a nice spot to be in for the draft next year.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 10:26 AM   #11
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Schoen very clearly says No when two 1s are brought up initially. That's why the Panthers GM dropped it down to a 1 and something else and Schoen replies that he's heading in the right direction. It didn't just happen for no reason.

I like the show a lot and it's cool to see how the NFL works from that side. They clearly were letting Saquon walk but I think the plan of letting him get an offer and the Giants matching was to appease John Mara. I don't think Schoen had any intention of matching the offer.

The Giants seem to be building a nice defense and they can get out from under that Daniel Jones contract after this season with only a $22 mil cap hit. If they still stink this year, then they may have a nice spot to be in for the draft next year.
This is the best I could find.

https://youtube.com/shorts/6BLuWbzBa...zgov7SGSrc8PZh

You are partially right.. assuming this one isn’t heavily edited, the Panthers GM says two 1sts, Schoen says “No….. I mean yes but no” then the Panthers GM immediately pivots to “a 1 and something”.

Maybe I’m being overly critical without having all of the info but it definitely stood out to me.

It’s not a big deal if the Panthers were OK with letting Burns go for like a 1 and 3 or something from the start. I just have always been trained to literally keep my mouth shut during negotiations. A lot of people will talk themselves into a worse deal for themselves. Sometimes ya gotta let the shit marinate.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #12
What's up braj?

Bill has been watching Hard Cocks
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:29 AM   #13
Starter

Are the Mara daughters in it?

If no, hard pass.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #14
Veteran

Wasn't Andy very much on the hot seat after the 2017 loss to Tennessee? It's interesting, cause it's not like the Chiefs were poorly run at that time. But all the same, fans were desperate for playoff success and Andy looked like the second coming of Marty. It's only after Mahomes came in that people realized how well ran the Chiefs as an organization really were.

You really need all the pieces to line up at the same time for it to work. Success in the NFL is really, really tough.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.