Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-30-2024, 10:24 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Macular Pucker in my right eye and it sucks

Earlier this year I had a check up at the ophthalmologist to check on my retinal detachments and the latest with my eyes.

Had a right eye detachment in June 2002 and left eye two tears in May 2004.

I have terrible vision my whole life to add the rest of my ailments.

I was diagnosed with a macular pucker in my right eye. It has suddenly gotten worse to where reading sentences is wavy, distorted to small sections and looks to be moving. The only solution is a vitrectomy, where they cut open your eyeball and remove the scar tissue and floaters to hopefully correct your vision. It's a dangerous and can be very painful operation.

Has anyone here had/have one and what should I expect as time progresses?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 10:28 AM   #2
Consuming CP souls

Mother pucker!
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 10:49 AM   #3
In Search of a Life

Sucks. Sorry to hear that. The only thing I can offer is a muscular pucker to help you feel better.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2024, 10:55 AM   #4
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Sucks. Sorry to hear that. The only thing I can offer is a muscular pucker to help you feel better.
You're going to hauk Tueh his thing because he's having eye issues?
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-30-2024, 11:21 AM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
You're going to hauk Tueh his thing because he's having eye issues?
We have to help our fellow CPers out once in awhile.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2024, 11:44 AM   #6
Veteran

I haven't had to have the surgery (yet), however my right eye has the macular pucker. One of the many things that we all get to experience as we age. The vitreous fluid in our eyes is like Jello in the refrigerator, it shrinks as we age, and as it shrinks, it pulls away from the optic nerve. Most of the time, it simply pulls away with no problems. However, there are cases where it leaves a film on the optic nerve which continues to dry and shrink. This is what puckers the nerve.

Not sure what a Hauk Tueh is? Is that like clearing your throat and spitting out the phlegm? Knowing this place, I'm not going to google it.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-30-2024, 11:56 AM   #7
MVP

That sucks. How risky is it? Is it confined to one eye only - when you close the affected eye are you able to read normally with the other? How long is the recovery period and what does it entail?
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 12:16 PM   #8
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
That sucks. How risky is it? Is it confined to one eye only - when you close the affected eye are you able to read normally with the other? How long is the recovery period and what does it entail?
Vitrectomies have some heavier than normal risk. Gotten much better and I won't take the surgery unless I'm put under. Some surgeons do it under local and there is no damn way I am doing that. My brother had two retinal detachments and the second one they did while he was awake and said it was painful as ****.

Full recovery is 2-3.

If I close my right eye no issues.

My maternal grandmother had a ton of eye issues and so do my brother, sister and I.

It is brutal and scary.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 12:25 PM   #9
Veteran

I've got eye problems...but not on that level yet!

I hope for the best possible outcome for you.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 06-30-2024, 12:33 PM   #10
Supporter

Sucks man. I'm a giant pussy when it comes to my eyes. Over the winter the eye doctor thought I had retinal detachment but it turns out I have Retinoschisis. Just having them shine the brightest imaginable light into the depths of my brain was bad enough.

Good luck bud.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 07:50 PM   #11
Starter

Ouch! Let us know if you need any help. We’ll be glad to get you to appointments, if needed.
Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.
Old 06-30-2024, 08:23 PM   #12
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Ouch! Let us know if you need any help. We’ll be glad to get you to appointments, if needed.
Thank you Katie but things are not that bad.
Old 06-30-2024, 08:49 PM   #13
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Thank you Katie but things are not that bad.

Hope and prayers it heals
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 09:04 PM   #14
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Damn whores…
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 09:32 PM   #15
Starter

I mean, at least it's not a macular pucker in your brown eye....
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.