Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2024, 10:16 AM  
Mod Team

Repair chipped tile or not

We just had a few rooms of our house done in wood look tile, the job was finished yesterday. I need the brain trust of CP to tell me if I should ask them to fix a small chipped tile spot that we found this morning. Yes, it is small as shown in the zoomed out picture, but it is in the middle of the room. If this was in a corner, I would no doubt let it go.

Also given the cost/labor of this tile job, I expected them to not to have a finished product like this where someone clearly noticed and decided to grout the chip instead of fixing it! I am suspecting that something was dropped on it near the end of the project and since this tile was already set, they didn't want to **** with it.

My concern is asking them to come rip out this tile and repair it could have it looking worse, correct, messing up the surrounding tiles/grout? Should I even bother with this?

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2024, 02:34 PM   #46
I'll be back.

By the way, instead of faking wood, maybe put down real wood. Like this guy. Who lives in a house with real hardwood floors. Cope and seethe.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2024, 02:41 PM   #47
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
By the way, instead of faking wood, maybe put down real wood. Like this guy. Who lives in a house with real hardwood floors. Cope and seethe.
We have a pool and live in the desert. Wood floors throughout, especially in living spaces, makes zero sense here. It's about durability and cleanable, hence the title.

Let me know when you get a garage and a pool at YOUR next house.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 02:45 PM   #48
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
We have a pool and live in the desert. Wood floors throughout, especially in living spaces, makes zero sense here. It's about durability and cleanable, hence the title.

Let me know when you get a garage and a pool at YOUR next house.
None of your neighbors have hardwood floors huh? Pull the other one.

Who wants a pool in the midwest? Only a ****ing idiot. Which is what you are, complaining about a chipped tile you don't even look at.

But this became item 1A on your honey-do list, didn't it? Better call them back or your wife won't even look at your dick for a month. Chop chop.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:05 PM   #49
Cheat Death

Wood treat your wheelchair ramp then you can talk
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 03:12 PM   #50
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Owner called me back. Said it's not a problem to replace the tile and can be done next week. Asked if there are any others they can replaced when they come out (there aren't). Is also going to give me another full box of tile for future replacements/repairs.

Outstanding.

Nice.

I was going to say, if it were just me, I'd ignore it. But if your wife wants it fixed, well, you're getting it fixed. Great deal that the installers are going to take care of it for you so easily though.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:21 PM   #51
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Wood treat your wheelchair ramp then you can talk
That beat up old ramp hides all my Amazon packages. I'm not drawing ANY attention to that.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:24 PM   #52
In Search of a Life

DO NOT REPLACE... It will be way more noticeable and your grout most likely won't match exactly as each mixed batch has variance and it also may crack where the new grout would meet with the existing grout line. They sell a ceramic/tile repair kit that allows you to match colors. They also sell a wood cover permanent type of marker in the flooring area of most big home improvement box stores that would make anyone other than you and your wife not notice it. You will be sorry if you have them replace it.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 03:29 PM   #53
Cheat Death

Quote:
That beat up old ramp hides all my Amazon packages. I'm not drawing ANY attention to that.
A dusty wheelchair ramp to protect you from thieves

Entire place sounds like a piece of shit
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:37 PM   #54
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
A dusty wheelchair ramp to protect you from thieves

Entire place sounds like a piece of shit
It's a pretty great little house and I'm proud of it. Go **** yourself.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:38 PM   #55
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
DO NOT REPLACE... It will be way more noticeable and your grout most likely won't match exactly as each mixed batch has variance and it also may crack where the new grout would meet with the existing grout line. They sell a ceramic/tile repair kit that allows you to match colors. They also sell a wood cover permanent type of marker in the flooring area of most big home improvement box stores that would make anyone other than you and your wife not notice it. You will be sorry if you have them replace it.
The dude wants to get laid this month, you better let his wife do what she wants.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:40 PM   #56
Cheat Death

Quote:
It's a pretty great little house and I'm proud of it. Go **** yourself.
I’m happy section 8 is available to you as well but it should probably refrain you from hopping into threads with opinions on other people’s properties
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 04:18 PM   #57
MVP

Quote:
None of your neighbors have hardwood floors huh? Pull the other one.

Who wants a pool in the midwest? Only a ****ing idiot. Which is what you are, complaining about a chipped tile you don't even look at.

But this became item 1A on your honey-do list, didn't it? Better call them back or your wife won't even look at your dick for a month. Chop chop.
Lmao, the guy that's never owned a home is trying to tell a guy that clearly owns an extremely nice home with a garage that he shouldn't worry about his extremely new and expensive tile job actually looking new.

No one wants your advice on anything that has to do with owning a home. Stick to what ya know such as how to be an incel, how to annoy the **** out of your neighbors by being a shit pet owner or how to act when mommy buys you a house. If any of those topics come up, then jump on in.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-29-2024, 04:23 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Well considering the owner of the tile company said that it can easily be fixed, then I'd probably go with the experts opinion. If the grout is the same lot # as the previous bag, then it'll be fine. Also, even if the color is slightly off you can just take some grout renew to it all an there ya go. It's all the same color.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-29-2024, 04:25 PM   #59
Fight, build, win!

Without a doubt, they need to make it right. If it bothers you now it will bother you forever or until you have it fixed on your dime. You have the hammer here use it. The longer you wait gives them the old it was fine when we left it. A good contractor doesn't want shoddy work performed to ruin their name.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2024, 04:26 PM   #60
Starter

The chip is so tiny, nobody is going to notice it so why bother replacing it?
ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.