Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2024, 08:28 AM  
Ultrabanned

Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?

Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 05:02 PM   #2056
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
West Bottoms has to be in a flood zone. More than likely it wouldn't flood but you never know.
As I recall dad telling it, a favorite haunt of granddad’s was down in the Bottoms - Joe’s Flood Room. That name wasn’t just drawn out of a hat.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 05:05 PM   #2057

Kansas will just take out another STAR bond for the flood insurance.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 05:24 PM   #2058
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Feels like you can do better.

I just think some hero from Missouri needs to emerge that ends with a downtown stadium in the perfect location.

If anyone has been to petco park in San Diego that's the dream

[]
This. Everything about Petco is perfect.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 08:35 PM   #2059
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
This. Everything about Petco is perfect.
Looks like a beautiful park. Have you been to Pittsburgh stadium? That looks beautiful too
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 08:39 PM   #2060
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Looks like a beautiful park. Have you been to Pittsburgh stadium? That looks beautiful too
PNC Park is the best in the majors. Unfortunately, the Pirates are run by Mark Davis' cheap cousin.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 08:46 PM   #2061
Why so serious?

Quote:
Just the football stadium which is next to it. They’re both incredible and you can walk to them from downtown across a bridge which makes the entire experience really special.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 11:53 PM   #2062
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I remember 1993. The whole area was underwater.
That was probably a once in a lifetime thing. What was it, 2018 it poured for what seemed like a month straight and didn't get near 93?
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 12:44 AM   #2063
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
I was just down there last week. Walked all around. I suppose you could see the skyline as the stadium would be built up quite a bit. But the area itself is not as good as the East village
I'm still hoping for east village as well. I don't care about having the 13th best skyline view in sports.
Let's stop looking at other stadiums as what the royals stadium should be, instead it should be the best KCMO stadium it can be.. bbq, negro leagues, municipal stadium, jazz, many fountains inside and out, Blvd beer, etc.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-21-2024, 12:59 AM   #2064
Repeal the 19th Amendment

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
PNC Park is the best in the majors. Unfortunately, the Pirates are run by Mark Davis' cheap cousin.
PNC is phenomenal. We saw two Royals games there in 2021, and as Twisted stated, loved simply walking across the Roberto Clemente Bridge from our hotel to the ballpark. Pittsburgh in general was a pleasant surprise, surpassing our expectations and proving to be a charming city. Of all the dozens of ballparks I've visited, PNC makes the shortlist with the likes of Fenway, Wrigley, and Oracle (San Francisco, renamed a few times).

I have yet to see Petco in San Diego, nor Camden Yards in Baltimore but definitely have them at the top of the need-to-visit list. There is something about a great baseball stadium that most other sports can't recreate. The only non-baseball venue that I have attended, and does have comparable mystique is Allen Fieldhouse.
GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:46 AM   #2065
I'll **** anything that moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Liquor View Post
That was probably a once in a lifetime thing. What was it, 2018 it poured for what seemed like a month straight and didn't get near 93?
At the time, it was called “the hundred year flood”. Literally nothing like it for a hundred years. It just wouldn’t stop raining all Spring and Summer. Some days super heavy rain, other days, just a light rain. It was like midday Florida every day, and the whole region got swept away. The Mississippi flooded, the Missouri, the Kansas…. It was so hard to mow the yard that year. The ground was so saturated. I remember mowing in the rain certain days just to keep up so the grass wouldn’t get too out of control.

Our basement finally couldn’t take it. Literal seepage through the cement and concrete just slowly seeping through the walls. Had to get little water pumps and run em 24/7. It was nuts, and nothing like the people who had houses and farms get washed away.

At any rate, I like the look of this design more than others I’ve seen, but it still needs work, and it’s a kitschy, fun idea for a homer to cross state lines. At least this guy is coming up with interesting, fun ideas. I think we can all agree is the worst thing to happen, would be to get a bright, shiny new ballpark that turns into Busch Stadium 3.

A new ballpark doesn’t have to be in the perfect part of the city, and that’s a helluva subjective thing for the people who live in KC and all the rest of us that just wanna see this thing get figured out. But that new ballpark better make us sorta feel “special” the way Kauffman has for the past 50+ years. The scoreboard crown off the interstate and fountains are iconic. In one glance, everyone knows where the game is: KC.

I visited KC a few weeks ago… walked around the P&L, down Grand, went to the Green Lady Lounge past the strip club. Frankly, I don’t get it. There’s nothing there. What am I missing? I see very little businesses getting disrupted or pushed out through progress or imminent domain. Seems like a fine place to plop a ballpark in and watch the existing businesses flourish on 81 game days, and perhaps encourage some other business on Grand beyond a Sinclair gas station?

Walked around the East Village part too. This could be terrific too, for different reasons.

I guess I just don’t understand. But I also lived in NYC when the whole town couldn’t get their thumb out of their collective asses and decided to rebuild Giants/Jets Stadium while Hudson Yards was available or the Brooklyn Yards.
And now NYC has a shitload of jagoff artsy fartsy crap and condos blowing up in the Hudson Yards while the New Jersey Nets turned into the Brooklyn Nets with a Whaddya know, brand new Barclays Center. 70 years ago, that should’ve been the landing place of the Brooklyn Dodgers had Robert Moses and local jagoff NYC politics not gone sideways.

The Coors Field and Petco Park examples are the hope of what could be done. They nailed it, and PNC is another, though I think that’s a bit different. Maybe the Royals could go downtown KCMO while the Chiefs go to Clay County and create their district there?

I think Kansas getting involved is a very good thing. It only lends leverage to both clubs getting what they want, but if you’re a sad sack taxpayer who hates those goddamn billionaires, then you’ll never be happy with any outcome unless it is all private pocket, and you’ll still bitch because there is no perfect outcome for everyone to be happy.

I just wanna see both teams stay in KC until the end of my days and I’m pretty sure I’ll figure out how to manage.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:39 AM   #2066
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
"I have not been to this area in 20 years but here are my opinions on it!"

- Every ChiefsPlanet conversation that involves Kansas City
I don't have to drive over that bridge everyday to know it ruins lives, tyvm.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:47 AM   #2067
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's been a wild success, and that's not debatable. There are case studies about it in economic development journals. The combination of LoDo, Ballpark, and RiNo have made for the best area for nightlife and restaurants in the state.
I used to party down in LoDo in the late eighties early nineties.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:05 AM   #2068
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Kansas will just take out another STAR bond for the flood insurance.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 08:24 AM   #2069
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
I used to party down in LoDo in the late eighties early nineties.
Here's an aerial view of LoDo in the 80s. The circle is Union Station and the square is where Coors field ended up.

And here's one from the 2010s.

DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 08:38 AM   #2070
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonBobo View Post
I'm still hoping for east village as well. I don't care about having the 13th best skyline view in sports.
Let's stop looking at other stadiums as what the royals stadium should be, instead it should be the best KCMO stadium it can be.. bbq, negro leagues, municipal stadium, jazz, many fountains inside and out, Blvd beer, etc.
East Village still makes the most sense. I don’t know that you can street car and bus and walk and blah blah blah enough to offset the ingress/egress issues that spot in the west bottoms would have. You’re boxed in by bluffs and a river with 670 as your only real heavy traffic route
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.