Grizzly Bear 74 79.57%
Gorilla 18 19.35%
Gaz 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2024, 02:55 PM  
MVP

Grizzly Bear vs. Gorilla

Who wins?
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:38 PM   #46
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Brooke Pryor vs Orca
I'll take the Orca and happy trails to Brooke. Her fat would be comparable to Walrus fat wouldn't it?
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:43 PM   #47
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Here's two silverbacks fighting: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...zookeeper.html

They're pretty light on their feet. They might be able to bob and weave on the bear. Maybe they'd be smart enough to go for the bear's eyes. That or try to rip its jaw apart.

Again, assuming similar weights. No way a gorilla stands a chance vs. a 1,000 lb grizzly.
That was a slap fight. Griz would just laugh it off.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:52 PM   #48
MVP

Both are big and fast, but the bear is bigger.

Also, I doubt the Gorilla would eat the bear if he won.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:32 PM   #49
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
I'm pretty sure Tyson couldn't rip Bruce Lee's limbs off. I'm not so sure the same can be said about the gorilla.

The bear is heavier and has those claws. The gorilla is substantially stronger and has a higher bite force. I'd watch the pay-per-view.
The gorilla is stronger? Have you ever seen a bear? Bears routinely kill bull moose. 1200lb bull moose. They kill them and drag them wherever the hell they want them to go. A solid brown bear has more than 500 pounds of muscle and bone on a gorilla. For pure strength, a brownie will dominate. Add 4+” claws and teeth and utter rage.

You ever see what bears do to houses? To vehicles? You watch how bears use their claws to rip apart the object of their curiosity or wrath or merely what they want? I knew a guy who bought land in rural Alaska. He shipped an air stream trailer to his land so he could stay there while he build a cabin. Bear smelled the food and, using his claws, pried the seams open and ripped the trailer open. You read that correctly. He ripped the airstream trailer open enough that he could get in and then eat whatever he wanted. Watch bears drag moose and bison carcasses weighing half a ton. Watch videos with bears killing moose. You know how strong moose have to be for them to hold up their 50+” horns? And bears kill them with ease.

This would not be a close fight if both animals were full grown. A brownie has substantially more strength as well as long claws and teeth. Brown bears are the largest land-based predator in the world and their weight isn’t just fat.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 12:29 AM   #50
Veteran

I think a better question would be gorilla vs declawed grizzly
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:21 AM   #51
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
They’ll do none of that. They’re 400 pounds of testosterone-driven muscle. Nothing more.

Look at how they fight. They just try to brute force dominate their opponent. Imagine trying that with an 800-pound Grizzly, that also happens to have a mouth full of sharp teeth and five 6-inch claws on each paw.
Again, 800 lb grizzly vs. 400 lb gorilla is no contest. I'm just saying same weight could be a battle.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:24 AM   #52
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Gorillas have been reported to be preyed upon by leopards. Leopards weigh like 200 pounds.
This is why we really need to define our terms. Sure, a leopard might prey upon a small female or young male. But it's assumed we're talking about 400+ lb silverbacks in this hypothetical fight.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 07:18 AM   #53
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Again, 800 lb grizzly vs. 400 lb gorilla is no contest. I'm just saying same weight could be a battle.
I see now that you had the similar weight qualifier.

Shit, even assuming they’re the same weight, I’m taking the bear. Gorillas are peaceful creatures.

Quote:
This is why we really need to define our terms. Sure, a leopard might prey upon a small female or young male. But it's assumed we're talking about 400+ lb silverbacks in this hypothetical fight.
Yeah, it is slightly controversial because we don’t have video proof either way due to the fact that it’s difficult to follow in the dense jungles; but there are definitely many reports of leopard killing adult male gorillas in the wild. So far, the only case I can find of a male gorilla killing a leopard was one instance in which the gorilla and leopard both died of their battle wounds.

To give gorillas more credit, I will concede the fact that this evidence isn’t conclusive regardless given the fact that leopards are ambush predators. They’re more likely to attack an adult male gorilla while he sleeps in the dark, which isn’t a fair fight.

Still, here’s a report of a 312 pound gorilla being killed by a 185 pound Asiatic leopard in a zoo enclosure. By the sounds of it, it wasn’t even a fair fight at any point and the gorilla spent most of the time trying to run away.

https://virginiachronicle.com/cgi-bi...t-txIN--------

Quote:
SPOKANE, WASH.—It was generally agreed that Barangtu, a 312-pound gorilla, never had a chance in his two-hour death struggle with a snarling 185-pound black panther. Zoo authorities and the owner of the two animals expressed the opinion that despite the weight advantage, Barangtu was fighting far out of his class. In fact, according to witnesses, the gorilla passed the entire two hours seeking to ward off the savage onslaughts of the enraged panther.

More than 400 persons were virtually hypnotized by the death struggle in a cage at a Liberty Lake animal show. When the battle was ended, the gorilla lay dead, mercifully murdered by show attendants. Before the attendants shot Barangtu, the panther had torn his arm off and inflicted numerous painful wounds. It was probably the first time in history a gorilla had ever met a panther in mortal combat, according to Edward Johnson, Superintendent of the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. The native habitat of the gorilla is Africa and the panther comes from Asia, he said. Mrs. Ruby Smith, San Diego, one of the owners of the show, said that “Barangtu was the loser from the beginning.” The panther slashed at him with his claws and teeth while about all the gorilla could do was try to avoid him.” In Seattle, Johnson said gorillas are peace-loving animals who do not attack others unless attacked first. They are mainly vegetarians, he said.
I also happened upon this Reddit post containing some links to source material about leopards hunting adult male gorillas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRa...hbusting_post/

Not sure about the validity of any of the claims but it’s interesting nonetheless.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 10:52 AM   #54
Indian Twitter

The Gorilla would probably flee up a tree at the sight of an 8' tall Grizz. Then he would sling poop at the Grizz and spout off like the French in Monty Python And The Holy Grail.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:55 AM   #55
Starter

A Kodiak bear can weigh roughly 1500 pounds while a gorilla can weigh up to 600. The gorilla has no chance.
ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:19 PM   #56
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
If both animals are 100% motivated to fight, the gorilla destroys the bear.
Destroys, I doubt this. The Gorilla may have a slight advantage in strength (maybe). The Griz is very strong too and has a decided advantage of long razor-sharp claws and teeth made to rip and tear. Then there is the once irritated he won't stop until he kills you or you kill it.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:24 PM   #57
MVP

Grizzly bears have claws up to 4 inches long. How's a gorilla gonna stop that?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:33 PM   #58
**** the Raiders

Is there any particular reason why the debate has to do with a gorilla? I can think of other animals I’d consider going with to take down a grizzly.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:36 PM   #59
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhater View Post
Is there any particular reason why the debate has to do with a gorilla? I can think of other animals I’d consider going with to take down a grizzly.
What would those be? Legit curious. I think a full grown grizzly bear is your natural kingdom alpha. At least in one on one mammal combat (man with weapon excluded category). Maybe a cobra or something if it could land a bite through the fur but I don't think that's very likely.

I guess I was thinking carnivores only. I bet a hippo, a rhino or a bull elephant could **** a grizzly up so I probably answered my own question there.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:39 PM   #60
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
What would those be? Legit curious. I think a full grown grizzly bear is your natural kingdom alpha. At least in one on one mammal combat (man with weapon excluded category). Maybe a cobra or something if it could land a bite through the fur but I don't think that's very likely.
I could see a rhino with its super tough hide being able to hold in there long enough to skewer the grizz with his big ol’ horn. And if they just start off charging each other it probably wouldn’t require much holding in there.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote