Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2021, 07:26 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****

More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Dante84; 12-07-2021 at 02:38 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 11:16 AM   #781
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
They did draft one, but he’s got a very high ceiling. Hate to say it but I think Creed is a goner next year, he’s going to get a ridiculous offer from someone and I don’t think the Chiefs will even be close. I don’t see how you drop $15 million a year on a center in this offense, which is the bare minimum Creed is going to get.

They let Rodney Hudson walk, they let Mitch Morse walk, and we won our first Super Bowl with a street free agent at center. Unless they’re planning on moving on from Thuney, but with such a young LT that seems unlikely. We’ll see, but just going by the trends they’ve already set it seems like he’s probably gone.
This mindset probably changed after the SB debacle vs the Bucs. Creed is the best C in football and his elite pass protection is incredibly valuable.

Nourzad is best fit as a G. I think the insane price hike of G’s getting $20+ million made the Trey Smith decision an easy one. Nourzad will most likely take over in 2025 for Trey.

C is a cheap position. You can give Creed a LTD and make it backloaded to where you’re paying roughly $12-13 million most of the contract.

So the question is: is Creed worth paying an inflated MVS contract in terms of cap hits?

Easy answer
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 11:28 AM   #782
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
"Current moves"?

Please don't tell me you're clueless enough to believe the Chiefs drafting a versatile IOL on day 3 means anything about Humphrey

Yes, Andy let Morse and Hudson walk. He didn't draft Hudson, and Morse had concussion issues though, so that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to let the best C in the NFL do the same. Do you honestly believe that Jason Kelce wouldn't have still been an Eagle for life if Andy never left Philly?

I don't think it's a guarantee by any means, but I think it's more likely than not that Humphrey will get a 2nd contract.
Evidence the Chiefs are giving themselves the option to move on is clear. 100% of the time he’s been given the option to sign a center long term in KC, Andy has declined.

I don’t want you to spoil another thread with your need to be right all the time.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 12:09 PM   #783
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Evidence the Chiefs are giving themselves the option to move on is clear. 100% of the time he’s been given the option to sign a center long term in KC, Andy has declined.

I don’t want you to spoil another thread with your need to be right all the time.
They literally replaced Allegretti. That's all they did.

But tapout acknowledged.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 12:15 PM   #784
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:

Possibly Thuney
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 12:20 PM   #785
Three-Pat

Quote:
"Current moves"?

Please don't tell me you're clueless enough to believe the Chiefs drafting a versatile IOL on day 3 means anything about Humphrey

Yes, Andy let Morse and Hudson walk. He didn't draft Hudson, and Morse had concussion issues though, so that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to let the best C in the NFL do the same. Do you honestly believe that Jason Kelce wouldn't have still been an Eagle for life if Andy never left Philly?

I don't think it's a guarantee by any means, but I think it's more likely than not that Humphrey will get a 2nd contract.
It’s not 2nd contracts that are bad. It’s the third ones more often than not. KC is more likely to resign Creed than they are Trey.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 12:50 PM   #786
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:

But tapout acknowledged.
Maybe in 2024 that’s the role. Nourzad will most likely start at a center or guard spot in 2025. Which is what I said all along - the Chiefs are positioning themselves to replace Humphrey if needed. Crazy contract demands, injuries, cap flexibility are all factors in play. Calling someone clueless for thinking this is peak stralor.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-15-2024, 12:59 PM   #787
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Maybe in 2024 that’s the role. Nourzad will most likely start at a center or guard spot in 2025. Which is what I said all along - the Chiefs are positioning themselves to replace Humphrey if needed. Crazy contract demands, injuries, cap flexibility are all factors in play. Calling someone clueless for thinking this is peak stralor.
You sure are moving goalposts just a tad. There was much more certainty than this in your first post.

And I know your reading comprehension is shit, but this is why I said you're clueless:

Quote:
Please don't tell me you're clueless enough to believe the Chiefs drafting a versatile IOL on day 3 means anything about Humphreya
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 01:17 PM   #788
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
You sure are moving goalposts just a tad. There was much more certainty than this in your first post.

And I know your reading comprehension is shit, but this is why I said you're clueless:
Fire up thread-wrecking machine 26 folks.

All three or four posts of mine in this thread mention the Chiefs are positioning themselves, giving themselves options, etc. Hardly declarative comments. The only certainty we have here is that Reid hasn’t resigned a center during his time in KC even though the centers have been elite at that time. The chiefs also drafted two interior prospects - one of whom played very well at center last year. I believe these pieces of evidence show the Chiefs are preparing themselves to move on. Could Humphrey remain a Chief? Of course - assuming the contract fits and they don’t have a viable, cheaper replacement.

Does drafting two interior lineman have an impact on future decisions? Absolutely. Veach isnt throwing darts with a blindfold on here.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 01:25 PM   #789
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Fire up thread-wrecking machine 26 folks.

All three or four posts of mine in this thread mention the Chiefs are positioning themselves, giving themselves options, etc. Hardly declarative comments. The only certainty we have here is that Reid hasn’t resigned a center during his time in KC even though the centers have been elite at that time. The chiefs also drafted two interior prospects - one of whom played very well at center last year. I believe these pieces of evidence show the Chiefs are preparing themselves to move on. Could Humphrey remain a Chief? Of course - assuming the contract fits and they don’t have a viable, cheaper replacement.

Does drafting two interior lineman have an impact on future decisions? Absolutely. Veach isnt throwing darts with a blindfold on here.
They're giving themselves options, but Veach has shown he's not afraid to pay for top quality starting interior linemen. If Nourzad/Hanson are good starting quality linemen, then sure. Otherwise, don't be surprised if Humphrey gets a new deal.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 01:43 PM   #790
In Search of a Life

It's pretty simple.

The Chiefs aren't losing both Smoth and Humphrey.

The G market is out of ****ing control. The C market is very reasonable.

Creed is a better C than Smith is a G.

Do the math.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 01:44 PM   #791
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This mindset probably changed after the SB debacle vs the Bucs. Creed is the best C in football and his elite pass protection is incredibly valuable.

Nourzad is best fit as a G. I think the insane price hike of G’s getting $20+ million made the Trey Smith decision an easy one. Nourzad will most likely take over in 2025 for Trey.

C is a cheap position. You can give Creed a LTD and make it backloaded to where you’re paying roughly $12-13 million most of the contract.

So the question is: is Creed worth paying an inflated MVS contract in terms of cap hits?

Easy answer
I want Creed to protect Mahomes the rest of his career.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 02:10 PM   #792
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
They're giving themselves options, but Veach has shown he's not afraid to pay for top quality starting interior linemen. If Nourzad/Hanson are good starting quality linemen, then sure. Otherwise, don't be surprised if Humphrey gets a new deal.
If they both end up as starting quality linemen then one will replace Thuney and the other will most likely be Smith. I don’t think Smith will get a market setting deal, but I would be curious if he gets more than Creed.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-15-2024, 02:45 PM   #793
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Easy answer
Very logical take, hopefully they are looking at it like this as well.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-15-2024, 03:04 PM   #794
pie is never free

Does anyone else think of Creed and Tre when this comes on?

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 03:22 PM   #795
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I want Creed to protect Mahomes the rest of his career.
^
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.