Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2024, 03:57 AM  
Woman should only make babies

90's country music

Watermelon crawl yall
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 01:21 PM   #61
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhater View Post
I think it tends to be lost on people due to the sheer volume of hits and semi-hits he had in that rather short time. I always find it silly when artists release a greatest hits album fairly early in their careers but man, that Double Live album showed he had the catalog of hits at that time to pull it off.

One has to wonder what would have happened if that Chris grained fiasco hadn’t gone off the rails and the film actually got made making the album make sense if his trajectory would be significantly different today. Maybe not, maybe even if everything went according to plan his fans would have still rejected it. A fun little game of what if anyway.
He had one decent song on that album:

listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 01:22 PM   #62
Immanentize The Eschaton

I mean, maybe there were more but that is the one I remember and I'm not listening to the thing again.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:12 PM   #63
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
Crazy thing is, that album still sold two million copies.
Yes, until it was discovered by those buying it and then spreading the word that it was not a country album. With out looking it up I would hazard to guess that the vast majority of those two million copies were sold in the first couple of weeks of its release.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:22 PM   #64
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I think the Chris fiasco probably hurt him in a couple of ways...

Traditional country fans saw.him trying to cross over into mainstream and pop and that never goes well for any artists.

Second...it was his first time of not having great success with something he put out. It did ok by every other artists standard but not by what his normal standards were.
I mean, I feel like if the movie plans didn't fall through the damage would have been much less because, even it flopped it would be seen as a crossover from music into acting. Sure, some would still get all up in arms about the type of artist and music used for the story but overall, I think the majority of his fans would have accepted it for what it was - a movie "soundtrack".

They took a unique and risky marketing strategy for the film by recording and releasing an album of "greatest hits" from an imaginary artist like he was real before the movie ever even went into production and without fans really having much of a clue as to WTF was going on. Clearly, they bungled the entire thing by getting it started way too early which led to confusion and anger amongst the loyal listeners. The movie never getting made just made it 10x worse.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:36 PM   #65
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
He had one decent song on that album:

I feel like there may have been another and it was this -

Sounded familiar when I hit play anyway. Only reason I was looking was because when I think of Chris Gaines I think of an SNL skit with "him" and Chris Kattan's Mango character. I am not finding that on YT though. I did find this one however -

Last edited by Raiderhater; 06-12-2024 at 05:51 PM..
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 03:31 PM   #66
The pizza king of kansas

No Chris ledoux? Cadillac ranch, for your love, stampede, tougher then the rest?
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 10:56 PM   #67
Supporter

Confederate Railroad, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Randy Travis made some good shit, the list goes on and on.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 10:58 PM   #68
Supporter

And quite possibly the greatest song ever made, by the legend himself:

notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 06:23 AM   #69
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
And quite possibly the greatest song ever made, by the legend himself:

I would agree....have always loved this song.

But one sneaky favorite that I love that George put out is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm9REb8cM1c
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-15-2024, 06:30 AM   #70
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Confederate Railroad, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Randy Travis made some good shit, the list goes on and on.
The one band in that era that was pretty good too was Restless Heart.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:45 PM   #71
Fight, build, win!

Shame on you all This was country and will always be.
[IMG][/IMG]

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 06:08 AM   #72
Immanentize The Eschaton

I know he wasn't exclusively 90's, but I'm fond of John Anderson's work. Check this out; here is something he released a few years ago:

And a cover of it by Sierra Ferrell:

Old 06-16-2024, 09:50 AM   #73
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
No Chris ledoux? Cadillac ranch, for your love, stampede, tougher then the rest?
Ledoux is a good call nut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Yoakam is good. He's got some straight bangers. I can't binge him though. Nonetheless good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I know he wasn't exclusively 90's, but I'm fond of John Anderson's work. Check this out; here is something he released a few years ago:

And a cover of it by Sierra Ferrell:

Nice. Anderson is good. Seminole Wind was legit stuck in my head for like a year.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 12:22 PM   #74
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Shame on me for what? Dwight Yoakum was alright but not really my cup of tea. I like a couple of his songs but like Buehler binging on him is not possible.

Now...give me an afternoon of Don Williams or The Statler Brothers any day.

In fact Jimmy Fortune from the Statlers now has a group called Brothers of the Heart...they do a cross section of country, gospel and country rock that is great to listen to. Their version of Seven Bridges Road and Love Will Keep You Alive by The Eagles both are top notch. They have a CD called Brotherly Love that I got a few months back that I have worn out pretty much.
Old 06-16-2024, 12:34 PM   #75
Fight, build, win!

Binging leads to burnout. I recommend variety over listening to the same artist over and over.

I love Don Williams and John Anderson but not over and over on a binge.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.