Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2024, 08:50 PM  
Starter

Do you believe that Pro Football Focus is any good at grading players?

I'm not qualified to say. As an Ohio State fan I always enjoy reading the grades players received after each game. There is no way for the average fan to truly know how well ALL of the individual players played.

For instance, a former Ohio State coach created his own podcast and he obtains game videos and breaks them down for fans and essentially grades the players' performances. For a rabid fan, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Does anyone do that for K.C. games?

Anyway, PFF DOES and so my question is, again, do you believe they're any good at it?
K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-27-2024, 04:06 AM   #16
Consuming CP souls

How can you possibly "grade" a player when you aren't basing it off the assignment or play call it's COMPLETELY ridiculous
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 04:07 AM   #17
Consuming CP souls

You have basement Podcasters try to break it down but it's super cringey
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 05:05 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
How can you possibly "grade" a player when you aren't basing it off the assignment or play call it's COMPLETELY ridiculous
Supposedly, some of their graders are from Bangladesh or something. Without knowing the play call, it is hard to judge.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2024, 05:21 AM   #19
The man you could post like.

The grades are absolutely worthless at all positions. There was a game in 2022 where Frank Clark beat Trent Williams on back to back plays that resulted in a safety and slammed the door shut on any possibility they could even attempt to come back into the game. He almost got a 90 in PBLK that game. Complete Bupkus.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2024, 05:24 AM   #20
Veteran

Quote:
I mean run, pass, block or tackle it's really not that difficult is it?
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-27-2024, 06:00 AM   #21
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
The grades are absolutely worthless at all positions. There was a game in 2022 where Frank Clark beat Trent Williams on back to back plays that resulted in a safety and slammed the door shut on any possibility they could even attempt to come back into the game. He almost got a 90 in PBLK that game. Complete Bupkus.
Frank Clark, the geniuos [CPS] and greatly misunderstood, Chiefs defensive savant. Man cannot grade the Shark, that is the domain of the football gods.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-27-2024, 06:21 AM   #22
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I think PFF can provide some decent anaysis/info. Sometimes. Sometimes their takes are BS. But I also think that there's not one site or analyst that can adequately analyze the whole game or player most of the time. I think you have to gather analyses from as many credible analysts as you can, like Kurt Warner and JT O'Sullivan (even Jordan Palmer) for the QB/WR general offense stuff, Baldinger for defense, and so on. The idea is to find a consensus among several analysts. If that meshes with whatever PFF says, it's probably accurate. IF not, I tend to go with Kurt or JT or Baldy over PFF.
Baldy’s analysis is generally spot on. I love his film breakdown. PFF is complete shit, IMO.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2024, 09:46 AM   #23
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Baldy’s analysis is generally spot on. I love his film breakdown. PFF is complete shit, IMO.
He does a good breakdown. I just wish he would make it look a little more professional vs it looking like he recorded from the TV using his phone.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 05-27-2024, 12:07 PM   #24
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguardace View Post
I mean run, pass, block or tackle it's really not that difficult is it?
Whaaaat?
Old 05-27-2024, 12:46 PM   #25
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post

Yeah, I probably wasn't clear enough in my original post. All I meant was that PFF's grades were generally worthless, to the point that I rarely bother to remember them, but sometimes their analyses about how they arrived at the score/rating can be useful. Sometimes.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2024, 01:07 PM   #26
MVP

I don’t trust them. Week 1 of 2022 season against the Cardinals. Mahomes had one of the best games of his career. PFF graded him 70/100, which is barely starting QB level. It made no sense.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-27-2024, 01:09 PM   #27
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I don’t trust them. Week 1 of 2022 season against the Cardinals. Mahomes had one of the best games of his career. PFF graded him 70/100, which is barely starting QB level. It made no sense.
Yeah they're all over the map, very little consistency

I put this > < much stock in their takes
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2024, 02:50 PM   #28
It was not a fair catch

I dont believe any article or talking head.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2024, 06:12 PM   #29
Starter

It’s easy to look at PFF stats and ratings, as it’s hard to find anything else that breaks it into numbers.

But I think you have to know somethings wrong when, for example, you look at how they rated last year‘s QBs. The OP’s guy, Stroud, is ranked number 13. given what he did last year and where he took his team, I just think that’s way too low.

I think I would’ve easily ranked Stroud above Herbert, Cousins, Tua, Stafford and Prescott. Goeff(At 10) and Love [at 12) also got rated way too low in my view based on what they did and where they took their teams. I think that I would put Stroud slightly ahead of those 2 largely due to his league leading low of only five interceptions. But I could be convinced easily to rearrange those three rankings.

Purdy came in at 6 and I would leave him ahead of Stroud, although I believe I am a bigger fan of Purdy than many on this board. The top three were respectively, Allen, Mahomes and Jackson and I would not argue too much with that, although of course I feel Mahomes should have topped the list.

So I think the quarterback rankings are a good illustration of how misleading the PFF stats and rankings can be.
gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gordonelloyd < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:46 AM   #30
Veteran

Quote:
Whaaaat?
Believe it or not what they are analysing isn't that difficult. Pff grades are largely about efficiency they are not getting super technical did the Linemen move the los, did the running break a tackle or make somebody miss, was the pass accurate etc

What the assignment was is most irrelevant outside of the obvious.

Stop being obtuse
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli