Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2022, 10:28 AM  
Chiefs

Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:25 AM   #1621
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Not usually, no.

As for the second part of your post- well, they spent for Watkins in '18, so they needed to spend draft picks everywhere else.

I really don't understand why some of you guys just flat don't understand the equation.

If you're paying an elite QB, you have to go cheap in other places. You have to draft and develop. The salary cap is real, and you fudge it for a year maybe, but then you're going to have to have a few rough seasons like The Rams, for example.

The way The Chiefs are doing it, they're going to contend for Super Bowls every single year.

I doubt Veach strikes out on four swings at WR here. We can afford to be a little patient while they figure it out because our defense looks really good.
Yes, draft picks are cheap. Hence why I said draft picks to add with Tyreek. Just like it takes draft picks to add to the defense with paying Jones etc.

If this is your argument, I think you've kinda missed the point.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:19 AM   #1622
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yes, draft picks are cheap. Hence why I said draft picks to add with Tyreek. Just like it takes draft picks to add to the defense with paying Jones etc.

If this is your argument, I think you've kinda missed the point.
No I didn't miss the point, you missed the team building aspect entirely. We had a potent offense, and a mediocre defense where Dan Sorensen was an important player. We needed to get better. And we did
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:33 AM   #1623
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Someone told me he was only in for 6 plays.

6 plays
4 targets

There were 2 drops but Mahomes must think he’s open if he throws balls his way 2/3 of the time.
Man... If Rice and Ross both fully click by the end of the season, this offense could be really fun to watch come playoff time.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:34 AM   #1624
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Telling yall, this Ross fella about to pop off.

If he gets going, then with Ross/Rice/Toney we can run every concept in a NFL playbook.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:20 AM   #1625
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Telling yall, this Ross fella about to pop off.

If he gets going, then with Ross/Rice/Toney we can run every concept in a NFL playbook.
Rice/Ross/MVS/Watson by the end of the year is my biggest hope. Toney is interchangeable for obvious reasons. Maybe we add someone by the deadline in as well.

That could work if those players improve/get the playing time they need.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:23 AM   #1626
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Someone told me he was only in for 6 plays.

6 plays
4 targets

There were 2 drops but Mahomes must think he’s open if he throws balls his way 2/3 of the time.
Maybe.

But i think the reason we see high target shares per snap for Rice/Ross/Toney is because they may be the 1st or 2nd read on the specific package they're in on. It could be, and probably is, totally by design.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:24 AM   #1627
MVP

Something to think about...
I think if they's year's team played the 2022 after 5 games it would win by about 7-10.

So ask yourself...which team is better? I strongly contend it's this one and that's without Omenihu.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:36 AM   #1628
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl View Post
Something to think about...
I think if they's year's team played the 2022 after 5 games it would win by about 7-10.

So ask yourself...which team is better? I strongly contend it's this one and that's without Omenihu.
You should proof read your post.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:02 AM   #1629
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Maybe.

But i think the reason we see high target shares per snap for Rice/Ross/Toney is because they may be the 1st or 2nd read on the specific package they're in on. It could be, and probably is, totally by design.
I think you're probably right, but I'm not sure that matters. If they're open enough to throw them the ball, cool.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:21 AM   #1630
MVP

Quote:
So you can't get good WR's after 30? You don't think an addition like Rice or trading for Toney does anything like that?

Seems you're pretty dug in on a narrative here.
If finding a player like Waddle after pick 30 is your plan then you have a shitty plan.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:27 AM   #1631
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
If finding a player like Waddle after pick 30 is your plan then you have a shitty plan.
Yeah we should have got a guy like that and we'd be fine. I guess we're making things too hard on ourselves.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:29 AM   #1632
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Yeah we should have got a guy like that and we'd be fine. I guess we're making things too hard on ourselves.
Yes, clearly high caliber WR's come from the first round. I agree. We should draft some there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:38 AM   #1633
MVP

Quote:
Yes, clearly high caliber WR's come from the first round. I agree. We should draft some there.
Actually far more successful receivers come after round 1, but not per capita.

The best chance of finding an elite WR is to draft one in the top ten picks. The second best chance is to continuously draft WR every year in rounds 2-5.

That's just statistics talking, but it remains true. You either spend for a blue chip, elite prospect in the first 10-15 picks or you throw numbers at it in the rounds 2-5.

Chiefs do not have top ten draft picks, so the latter strategy is the one they are implementing, as seen by spending three 2nd round picks on WR in the last five years. It's what Pittsburgh does.

Chase Claypool
George Pickens
JuJu Smith-Schuster
James Washington
Diontae Johnson (3rd)
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:47 AM   #1634
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Actually far more successful receivers come after round 1, but not per capita.

The best chance of finding an elite WR is to draft one in the top ten picks. The second best chance is to continuously draft WR every year in rounds 2-5.

That's just statistics talking, but it remains true. You either spend for a blue chip, elite prospect in the first 10-15 picks or you throw numbers at it in the rounds 2-5.

Chiefs do not have top ten draft picks, so the latter strategy is the one they are implementing, as seen by spending three 2nd round picks on WR in the last five years. It's what Pittsburgh does.

Chase Claypool
George Pickens
JuJu Smith-Schuster
James Washington
Diontae Johnson (3rd)
Oh I agree.

But I also don't think......are any of those WR's 2nd contract good WR"s?
Old 10-12-2023, 12:06 PM   #1635
MVP

Quote:
Oh I agree.

But I also don't think......are any of those WR's 2nd contract good WR"s?
Not for my money, they aren't.

But where KC will be drafting, you have a chance to find a stud in the 2nd, but you're going to have to suffer through drafting Skyy Moore. When you're panning for gold, you're going to find a lot of rocks.