Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2022, 08:32 AM   #2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Don't know about 3D. Always seems dare to me.

That trailer shows a major leap forward in CGI. Amazing details in motion. I'll want to see this on the big screen.
^^^
You'll definitely want to see Avatar 2 in IMAX 3D (to get the proper cinematic experience that its intended for. I assure you the 3D is going to be jaw dropping. It was in the 1st one . I'm sure it'll be even more incredible in 2022)

The short teaser definitely got me hyped and I really liked the under water shots. I do wish James Cameron would have just called it Avatar 2 instead of Avatar The Way of Water which sounds so cringe worthy lol.

Also FTR, I can completely understand how some folks wouldn't be into Avatar. Without getting political, James Cameron does hit the audience over the head with some really heavy handed save the environmental messages which I'm sure annoyed quite a few people which is perfectly understandable.

For me though, I just view Avatar as a highly stylized sci fi action/adventure epic and I think the sequel is going to be a blast to see in IMAX 3D.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:06 PM   #3
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
^^^
You'll definitely want to see Avatar 2 in IMAX 3D (to get the proper cinematic experience that its intended for. I assure you the 3D is going to be jaw dropping. It was in the 1st one . I'm sure it'll be even more incredible in 2022)

The short teaser definitely got me hyped and I really liked the under water shots. I do wish James Cameron would have just called it Avatar 2 instead of Avatar The Way of Water which sounds so cringe worthy lol.

Also FTR, I can completely understand how some folks wouldn't be into Avatar. Without getting political, James Cameron does hit the audience over the head with some really heavy handed save the environmental messages which I'm sure annoyed quite a few people which is perfectly understandable.

For me though, I just view Avatar as a highly stylized sci fi action/adventure epic and I think the sequel is going to be a blast to see in IMAX 3D.
I agree that the way to see it would be during its opening run at IMAX 3D.

And I could imagine it being a fun time with mind blowing cinematic experience. I enjoyed seeing the first Avatar at IMAX 3D in a non sober state of mind.

And twenty years from now Avater 2 will be just as lame as other previously mind blowing special effect movies like 2001, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, any of the King Kong films from the 1930's on, the original Avatar, 95% of Hollywood action films etc.

Oh actually, Roger Rabbit is actually a pretty good film with or without special effects.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 02:34 PM   #4
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Don't know about 3D. Always seems dare to me.

That trailer shows a major leap forward in CGI. Amazing details in motion. I'll want to see this on the big screen.
Did you see the first one in theaters in imax 3d? It was pretty incredible and I'm not a big 3d guy. It was designed for 3d.
The cgi definitely looks great...but they'll need this to blow it out of the water with most movies now are up to speed on effects when they weren't in 2009.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:26 PM   #5
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Did you see the first one in theaters in imax 3d? It was pretty incredible and I'm not a big 3d guy. It was designed for 3d.
The cgi definitely looks great...but they'll need this to blow it out of the water with most movies now are up to speed on effects when they weren't in 2009.
I've been out of the game too long. How do you find a good shroom dealer these days?...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:28 PM   #6
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I've been out of the game too long. How do you find a good shroom dealer these days?...
Lol
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.