Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Snap View Post
Unless lamar jackson starts becoming more of a pocket passer, I think his time in the NFL will be brief. I fully expect him to suffer a gruesome injury at some point. And how he comes back from that will tell you a lot. See Mike Vick when he torn his ACL. Same with RGIII.

Mahomes ran because he had to scramble out of the pocket due to pressure, excellent coverage, or to get an easy first/TD. He is a pass first QB. I do think you need a mobile QB in today's league. But you dont need a lamar jackson type of player.
Lamar is pretty great at avoiding the big hits. I'm sure he'll keep working on his accuracy and so forth. But no matter how hard he works at it, he will never have the passing ability of guys like Mahomes/Rodgers/Marino. Just reality of the situation.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:34 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Lamar is pretty great at avoiding the big hits. I'm sure he'll keep working on his accuracy and so forth. But no matter how hard he works at it, he will never have the passing ability of guys like Mahomes/Rodgers/Marino. Just reality of the situation.
Hes been lucky to this point that hes avoided the big hits. All it takes is an ankle sprain to slow him down just a tad. I dont know how he hasnt managed it. But the hits will begin to add up at some point. Especially over the years. See cam newton. And he is much bigger than lamar physically speaking.
Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:40 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Snap View Post
Hes been lucky to this point that hes avoided the big hits. All it takes is an ankle sprain to slow him down just a tad. I dont know how he hasnt managed it. But the hits will begin to add up at some point. Especially over the years. See cam newton. And he is much bigger than lamar physically speaking.
Cam is a more physical runner. He tries to run over people and puts himself at more risk of taking the big hits. Jackson jukes them out of their shoes and he's great at this. Honestly I think he is more at risk to hurt himself, kinda like Deshaun Watson blew out his knee in a non-contact practice situation.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:48 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Cam is a more physical runner. He tries to run over people and puts himself at more risk of taking the big hits. Jackson jukes them out of their shoes and he's great at this. Honestly I think he is more at risk to hurt himself, kinda like Deshaun Watson blew out his knee in a non-contact practice situation.
I wouldnt compare him to cam necessarily. Jackson is circa 2004 Vick. He relies on his speed and ability to joke you out of your shoes. But like vick showed us, injuries are a part of the game. This is a violent sport. And I do expect it to catch up with him at some point. I definitely agree about him hurting himself. All it takes is planting your foot wrong...
Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.Oh Snap is not part of the Right 53.