Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2019, 10:41 PM   #2
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Thank you for such a thorough and we'll explained answer.

When you take nearly 20 years of data and allow it to be searchable and accessible to reuse, it chews up CPU for sure.

This site also has an enormous amount of graphics, gifs and videos that add to the crush.

Could an archive DB be setup to house a lot of older stuff that is still accessable but not always indexed and updated?

I recall a large medical company like Merck or someone similar had an issue like this.
If you're asking if there's a function in vBulletin to put things in a different table than the POST table, the answer is no. If the posts exist on ChiefsPlanet, they exist in the POST table.

The version that I was suggesting would literally mean cloning the entire thing into a new installation like archive.chiefsplanet.com. There would be no interaction between the two, so if you wanted to "bump a post" from 2005, you'd just have to start a thread and link to it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:49 PM   #3
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
If you're asking if there's a function in vBulletin to put things in a different table than the POST table, the answer is no. If the posts exist on ChiefsPlanet, they exist in the POST table.

The version that I was suggesting would literally mean cloning the entire thing into a new installation like archive.chiefsplanet.com. There would be no interaction between the two, so if you wanted to "bump a post" from 2005, you'd just have to start a thread and link to it.
To be honest, do we really need access to everything ever said here? I get wanting to leave this place intact for as long as possible but thats a lot of posts to track. Seems like it would be better to archive at least once per decade, maybe even every 5 years. I'm sure its not just that simple though.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:01 PM   #4
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
To be honest, do we really need access to everything ever said here? I get wanting to leave this place intact for as long as possible but thats a lot of posts to track. Seems like it would be better to archive at least once per decade, maybe even every 5 years. I'm sure its not just that simple though.
Yeah, if it helps, I'm sure people will live with it. You could still theoretically go back and find stuff on the "archive" site. You just couldn't bump threads. So if someone wanted to say "what was my first post" or whatever, you could still do it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote