Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think they need top end guys back there, I don't think anyone in this draft that will be available to the Chiefs will be that, atleast not very quickly.

That would be my reason for taking Bradburry, if they think he's a high end player.
So they need top end guys but since you can't guarantee anybody will be there, you just throw up your hands and give up?

Again, I don't have a problem with Bradbury in the first, as long as they get a DB in the 2nd. Right now, they don't have enough guys in the secondary to even play a game and despite all the attempts to say otherwise, the depth they have there isn't adequate at all.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
So they need top end guys but since you can't guarantee anybody will be there, you just throw up your hands and give up?

Again, I don't have a problem with Bradbury in the first, as long as they get a DB in the 2nd. Right now, they don't have enough guys in the secondary to even play a game and despite all the attempts to say otherwise, the depth they have there isn't adequate at all.
No I don't throw my hands up. As I said, i'd take the guy rated the highest on my board. Be that a WR (another class that seems a little weak to me), interior OL, pass rusher etc.

I'd take those 2 2nd rounders and look for guys that have the upside to atleast become starters at worst in the secondary but I wouldn't necessarily force it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
Colorado Chief Fan

To simplify things, do you take the 6th best DL or the 7th best Edge guy or the TOP Center?

If we are taking BPA that also happens to be at a position of need, thats what you do.

Of course we are assuming based on Mock drafts and such that this is how things will fall but who knows? Maybe a TOP guy at another position will be there but I doubt it.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:22 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
To simplify things, do you take the 6th best DL or the 7th best Edge guy or the TOP Center?

If we are taking BPA that also happens to be at a position of need, thats what you do.

Of course we are assuming based on Mock drafts and such that this is how things will fall but who knows? Maybe a TOP guy at another position will be there but I doubt it.
It fell that way in the CP mock. I don't think it will in real time. Teams boards will be all over the place so some of the guys at the top of the 2nd will go mid first etc.

If Bradburry is the best player fine. I don't think the situation where that happens will occur.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:25 PM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post

Depends on whether or not they're actually the BPA.

If the 6th best DE is ranked 32nd on the big board and the #1 center is ranked 40th, I take the 6th best DE.

Again, Garrett Bradbury isn't a consensus first round pick. So if you're taking him, you better be damn sure you're not passing up better talent just because he's the best player available at that position. This team has needs all over the field on both sides of the ball.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:31 PM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Depends on whether or not they're actually the BPA.

If the 6th best DE is ranked 32nd on the big board and the #1 center is ranked 40th, I take the 6th best DE.

Again, Garrett Bradbury isn't a consensus first round pick. So if you're taking him, you better be damn sure you're not passing up better talent just because he's the best player available at that position. This team has needs all over the field on both sides of the ball.
Mostly true.

But its worth pointing out that Bradbury IS the consensus top of his position. In a vacuum that's not a huge consideration but it is when discussing opportunity cost, especially in a draft where you have 2 second rounders.

If you can have the 30th ranked player on your draft board who's the top of the C position with a clear drop off after or the 25th ranked player on your draft board who's mashed in the middle of a group of 6 similarly situated corners, it's a worthwhile gamble to see who's gonna end up coming back around to you in the 2nd.

It isn't just 'take the guy at the top'. It's also a question of setting yourself up for the rest of the draft to avoid being duplicative or boxing yourself in. When the strength of the CB class is its depth with no real standout, if most of that depth is still sitting there when you pick, you're probably better served letting the depth do some heavy lifting for you, taking the top off a different position and getting a 1a, b, c, d or whatever at the deeper position in the 2nd.

Basic positional scarcity as applied to the NFL draft. Your best bet is to be in the back of a run on similarly situated players, IMO. I hate being the guy that kicks a run like that off because you've done nothing with your additional draft capital and you're no more likely than anyone after you of getting a stud from it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Mostly true.

But its worth pointing out that Bradbury IS the consensus top of his position. In a vacuum that's not a huge consideration but it is when discussing opportunity cost, especially in a draft where you have 2 second rounders.

If you can have the 30th ranked player on your draft board who's the top of the C position with a clear drop off after or the 25th ranked player on your draft board who's mashed in the middle of a group of 6 similarly situated corners, it's a worthwhile gamble to see who's gonna end up coming back around to you in the 2nd.

It isn't just 'take the guy at the top'. It's also a question of setting yourself up for the rest of the draft to avoid being duplicative or boxing yourself in. When the strength of the CB class is its depth with no real standout, if most of that depth is still sitting there when you pick, you're probably better served letting the depth do some heavy lifting for you, taking the top off a different position and getting a 1a, b, c, d or whatever at the deeper position in the 2nd.

Basic positional scarcity as applied to the NFL draft. Your best bet is to be in the back of a run on similarly situated players, IMO. I hate being the guy that kicks a run like that off because you've done nothing with your additional draft capital and you're no more likely than anyone after you of getting a stud from it.
But wouldn't you rather have the guy you have actually rated as the top of said supposed run of say, corners? Unless you have them all rated that similarly and if you do that, aren't you doing something wrong?
Old 03-25-2019, 02:36 PM   #9
In Search of a Life

Bradbury is the top Center, but hell Jenkins and McCoy are right there with him.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.