Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
There are two things I've had just about enough of lately...

1) Comic book heroes

2) Kickass chicks
Perspective, Scotty. Don't get caught up in the wash of all the political bullshit surrounding this film (and pretty much everything else these days, really). Take it and the other films coming out for what they are and proceed accordingly!
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:57 PM   #3
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Perspective, Scotty. Don't get caught up in the wash of all the political bullshit surrounding this film (and pretty much everything else these days, really). Take it and the other films coming out for what they are and proceed accordingly!
I'm honestly just pretty tired of comic movies at this point, though I did enjoy Glass just because of how M Night approaches things quite differently

As for the gals, my views were formed long before the #metoo stuff, going back to movies like Salt where this skinny woman is just beating the dogshit out of big male mercs etc... I am simply unable to suspend my disbelief

Was watching Joe Rogans show the other day and he was saying the same thing
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
As for the gals, my views were formed long before the #metoo stuff, going back to movies like Salt where this skinny woman is just beating the dogshit out of big male mercs etc... I am simply unable to suspend my disbelief
I tend to have this issue too and my ovaries don’t make me any likelier to suspend than men. Have you seen Charleze Theron’s Atomic Blonde? I thought they did that fighting really well and she had to compensate for her physical inequity and each blow she takes punishes her believably. The movie itself is okay, but the ending was disappointing to me, however it is a great example of a role where she isn’t just filling a role that would typically be written for a male star. It is very successful at making her believable as a woman in that circumstance.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-18-2019, 04:38 AM   #5
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Quote:
I'm honestly just pretty tired of comic movies at this point, though I did enjoy Glass just because of how M Night approaches things quite differently

Was watching Joe Rogans show the other day and he was saying the same thing
I volunteered to have the first girl on my little league baseball team that the league allowed to play with the boys. She was a good pitcher and tough as nails. She had a passion and intestinal fortitude that I wished my other players had. So at least for that part of the movie, I saw an example in real life. The other parts telling her she cant do this or that were totally believable back in that era.

As far as suspending belief.........its a ****ing superhero movie. Suspending belief, laws of physics etc. is essential to just being entertained for a couple of hours.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I volunteered to have the first girl on my little league baseball team that the league allowed to play with the boys. She was a good pitcher and tough as nails. She had a passion and intestinal fortitude that I wished my other players had. So at least for that part of the movie, I saw an example in real life. The other parts telling her she cant do this or that were totally believable back in that era.
Just a fun film industry factoid. The girl who was the first to play little league baseball legally in the US, after being denied for years, is a VFX Producer and very well known to everyone in the industry. Her story may be an inspiration to this part of the film. I don't know for sure that it came up, but she absolutely knows the Marvel people and her story is extremely well known.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli