Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-20-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Based on my Uber usage, it seems like it will be more profitable these days because Ubers are f-ing expensive now. I tried to go from Westport area to Waldo a couple weeks ago and the cheapest was $49. Downtown to midtown (a grand total of 10 blocks) cost $22 last weekend. I haven't gotten an estimate for under $15 in a few months and I'm just going to places nearby.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Based on my Uber usage, it seems like it will be more profitable these days because Ubers are f-ing expensive now. I tried to go from Westport area to Waldo a couple weeks ago and the cheapest was $49. Downtown to midtown (a grand total of 10 blocks) cost $22 last weekend. I haven't gotten an estimate for under $15 in a few months and I'm just going to places nearby.

Wow. What does that compare to a cab?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:06 PM   #4
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
I've always found Uber to be far worse at jacking up their prices when they're busy, versus Lyft.... haven't used either in a while though, so they might both be that way now.

IIRC, there's even been shenanigans before that's basically collusion, where drivers stay unavailable until prices go up.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #5
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Should have used Lyft it's cheaper and doesnt charge more during peak times
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #6
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Should have used Lyft it's cheaper and doesnt charge more during peak times
Lyft is dead to me unless there is no other option. Over a long stretch they were almost as expensive but had 20-30 minute waits to get picked up. Then I waited 40 minutes for one (finishing a drop off nearby), and the f'er cancelled the trip when they were only a few blocks away.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #7
MVP

I drive for Grub Hub and Door Dash as a side job working maybe 5-8 hours per week and it's usually around $25-30 per hour. Never wanted random strangers in my car so Uber was never for me.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:48 AM   #8
Molôn Labé

good on you for cleaning up that Debt !
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #9
New and Improved

I'd last long enough to cuss out every dumb, slow, stupid, ignorant, mf'n, non driving,sob who crossed my path on the first ride.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:04 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

In my area, some drivers have created their own business doing ride shares. I guess to get around having to share money with Uber or Lift.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:50 PM   #11
"You like to drink?"

Only do it if you can get a reliable, pleasant-to-be-in beater with good gas mileage.

Follow the advice posted above regarding insurance and look up driver safety tips when you're a for-hire driver.

Get a stack of business cards listing your name as it appears on the app, your vehicle /description, and a phone number you'd like to be contacted at with the window of time you prefer to drive for-hire in a day.

Use both Uber and Lyft for a while, screening riders with the highest ratings. If they're not toolbags / butt****ing morons, give them your card and say you'll accept a cheaper ride for cash / direct venmo than what Uber/Lyft charges them if they text you ahead / beginning of your time window. Make it clear that this will apply to surge prices too.

Profit.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #12
Veteran

I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Only do it if you can get a reliable, pleasant-to-be-in beater with good gas mileage.

Follow the advice posted above regarding insurance and look up driver safety tips when you're a for-hire driver.

Get a stack of business cards listing your name as it appears on the app, your vehicle /description, and a phone number you'd like to be contacted at with the window of time you prefer to drive for-hire in a day.

Use both Uber and Lyft for a while, screening riders with the highest ratings. If they're not toolbags / butt****ing morons, give them your card and say you'll accept a cheaper ride for cash / direct venmo than what Uber/Lyft charges them if they text you ahead / beginning of your time window. Make it clear that this will apply to surge prices too.

Profit.
Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:44 PM   #13
fides quaerens intellectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reroka View Post
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate .
I had a relative drive for Uber. He got in a car accident with a passenger and it was his fault. I was under the impression that his own insurance would have to be involved, but I was told by this relative that Uber's insurer took over entirely.

I would assume there's a minimal amount of coverage you need to maintain. If you're driving around with $20k or $25k liability, it might not be sufficient for Uber's requirements and you may have to up it.

I have no idea, but it's something to look into if you haven't already.

My relative liked driving for Uber. He also did Lyft as well. If I recall, he may have preferred Lyft, but I can't remember why.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:39 PM   #14
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reroka View Post
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate.
I doubt it..but its a 2011 Hyundai so no big deal.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:20 PM   #15
Court Jester

I use the heck out of the service and have found Lyft to be a little more reliable and cheaper than Uber. Driving for them would be a different story. I’ve heard a few of them tell me that they’ve been doing very well because of the rental car shortage in a lot of areas. One even told me he was making 2-3 trips to Miami (from Orlando) a week because customers were booking rides from city to city. I can’t imagine taking an Uber for 200 miles, but apparently people are doing it.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.