Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 05-02-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
And this is why I hate tiers.

The idea that a guy is in a lower tier clearly denotes him as a step down— but some of these guys aren’t huge steps down.

And if you gave me the choice of an A linebacker and a C passrusher, or an A passrusher and a C linebacker, I know which one is take.
Except they might not have seen Basham as an A pass rusher. We don’t know how they had him valued.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #3
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Except they might not have seen Basham as an A pass rusher. We don’t know how they had him valued.
I don't really care -- I know how I had him graded and that's what's informing my opinion.

If every conversation is just going to devolve into "we should all defer to Veach in all things," then we have nowhere else to go. Because I still remember him as the GM responsible for the 2018 abomination. I may be the only one left, but I do.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:20 AM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
And this is why I hate tiers.

The idea that a guy is in a lower tier clearly denotes him as a step down— but some of these guys aren’t huge steps down.

And if you gave me the choice of an A linebacker and a C passrusher, or an A passrusher and a C linebacker, I know which one is take.
I understand the logic, but you are missing part of the equation...Spags defense is hard to learn, who are you going to play at MLB next year to call the defense when we are forced to cut Hitchens?
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
I understand the logic, but you are missing part of the equation...Spags defense is hard to learn, who are you going to play at MLB next year to call the defense when we are forced to cut Hitchens?
Exactly. It’s easy to see why getting a year ahead of that made sense.

From December:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I don’t expect them to take a LB in the 1st either, but it’s still possible considering it’s still one of our biggest needs for the future.

Collins or Bolton just might be BPA.

The Chiefs, under Reid, have a history of drafting for future departures the following year. Remember, even CEH wasn’t supposed to be the starter this year. Replacing Hitchens is a lot on the mental side, so it’s possible that they could want to get ahead of it and draft their guy a year early. That way when Hitchens is gone, you have 2 good young LB’s. You could also play Gay and the rookie a lot more in subs so we don’t have to see Niemann on the field anymore and avoid Hitchens in coverage as much as possible.

Again, I agree that it’s unlikely, but it’s absolutely possible.
Honestly, I should’ve known it was more likely than I thought.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Exactly. It’s easy to see why getting a year ahead of that made sense.

From December:

Honestly, I should’ve known it was more likely than I thought.
I tried to tell you guys from the second he was drafted - regardless of what he contributes in 2021, the guy is going to be your defensive signal caller in 2022 AND he's going to save the team over $10M in cap space.

I don't even care what he does in 2021, the 2022 upside was worth the pick.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I tried to tell you guys from the second he was drafted - regardless of what he contributes in 2021, the guy is going to be your defensive signal caller in 2022 AND he's going to save the team over $10M in cap space.

You guys?

None of that was news to me. I totally understood the pick.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:53 PM   #8
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
You guys?

None of that was news to me. I totally understood the pick.
I know. I was being somewhat facetious.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:14 PM   #9
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I'm not a big fan of our second round picks essentially redshirting, but this isn't a single year kinda thing so it makes sense. With a top heavy roster financially like KC has, sometimes, you gotta do certain things and this is getting ahead of that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:51 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm not a big fan of our second round picks essentially redshirting, but this isn't a single year kinda thing so it makes sense. With a top heavy roster financially like KC has, sometimes, you gotta do certain things and this is getting ahead of that.
who said anything about redshirting?

I guarantee you both those guys play a lot if not starters day one.

When you literally have a perennial championship-caliber team, it's kind of hard to expect first year players to be day one starters; I mean the team is stacked, you're picking low in the round, etc.

But we look to have done exactly that. Humphrey will be given every chance to win that OC spot. Bolton will take Wilson's snaps, and a lot of Niemann's snaps, and next year, he'll take Hitchen's spot entirely.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #11
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Bolton will take Wilson's snaps, and a lot of Niemann's snaps, and next year, he'll take Hitchen's spot entirely.
Gay is going to take Wilson's snaps. I'd be willing to bet at this point that we see a lot more of Niemann than most here want to see.

But Bolton is going to play.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:36 PM   #12
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Bolton is going to play in 2021, and probably a bit more than Gay did last year.

Humphrey will likely start at least 12 games this season.

Not sure what the problem is.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:03 PM   #13
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Bolton is going to play in 2021, and probably a bit more than Gay did last year.

Humphrey will likely start at least 12 games this season.

Not sure what the problem is.
Unless Humphrey starts the season at c I doubt he plays as we know Reid doesn’t change unless injury.

I’d imagine he starts the season out as the starter. He’s already so good.

We just seem to have a history of “he needs time to learn” picks recently in the 2nd round
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.