Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2021, 02:20 PM   Topic Starter
__

The most ridiculous Mahomes story yet. (With a request.)

Collinsworth and Sherman have a podcast together, which they post to YouTube, and this week they had Jon Gruden on. Pretty solid listen.

Sherman tells a story about Super Bowl LIV. According to Collinsworth, he told it before, but I've never heard it before.

Just... go to 33:45 of this video.

Sherman saw Tyreek Hill lining up on the numbers on a play, diagnosed it as a slant route, and got off the line of scrimmage. Didn't want to play Tyreek tight only to have him escape on a slant never to be caught.

Sherman backs off the line of scrimmage, sees the route develop and reads Mahomes. He sees Mahomes going for the slant.

He jumps it. He's in perfect position. Mahomes is finished winding back and is bringing his arm forward. He figures it's a pick with some serious yardage going back the other way.

Mahomes sees Sherman, and CHANGES THE TRAJECTORY OF THE THROW MID PITCH to put more air under it and adjust its destination so that Sherman has now overrun the route, and Mahomes airs it past Sherman and Tyreek runs it down.

Mahomes didn't pump fake and throw again. He didn't get a full throw -- this wasn't when he was winding up. Sherman said that as Mahomes' arm was coming forward, he caught Sherman and adjusted where he was throwing the ball.

That is absolutely stupidly ridiculous. Like, I'm not even sure I can do that in the backyard with a baseball with any accuracy whatsoever. Mahomes is doing it in the Super Bowl to a Hall of Fame CB.

Just, wow.

My request: Can anybody locate what play this is? Where in the game it happened? Gif it up?
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.