Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2019, 03:03 PM  
In BB I trust

So....Dune 2020. Cool?

I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:54 PM   #376
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post

Proof that part 1 needed more cowbell
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:26 PM   #377
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Heh. An unexpected casting choice. Should be fun, though.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:49 PM   #378
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Heh. An unexpected casting choice. Should be fun, though.
They got these, worms. . .
And the worms, . . . they POOP.
Craziest thing, . . . you snort the POOP, and you can FLY . . .
Swear to God, man. . . Craziest thing I ever saw . . . /walkenvoice.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:17 AM   #379
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Boy - they do a hell of an about/face on the Bene Gesserit, don't they? By the end of Chapterhouse you can make an excellent argument that the central story isn't about the Atreides as much as it is the Bene Gesserit.

I need to find some sort of source for Hunters and Sandworms to finish the main series, but they've really leaned heavily into the witches as misunderstood benevolent figures.

Oh, and Josh Brolin should've played Miles Teg. The Bashar is pretty much a badass and any story is made better by some sort of warrior monk.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:23 PM   #380
You gotta kill a few people

Finally got around to watching this one.

I have never read the books or even heard of them until this movie was under production so it was a lot to take in.

I'm definitely awaiting part 2 to see more of the Fremen culture, "Desert Power", and general lore etc.

Questions: how do animals as massive as sand worms survive on such a barren planet? I'm assuming they filter nutrients from the sand as they travel?

Wtf was that on the ceiling when Leto poisoned the room. Was that the Baron? If so, uhhhhh, what the ****?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2022, 11:03 PM   #381
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Finally got around to watching this one.

I have never read the books or even heard of them until this movie was under production so it was a lot to take in.

I'm definitely awaiting part 2 to see more of the Fremen culture, "Desert Power", and general lore etc.

Questions: how do animals as massive as sand worms survive on such a barren planet? I'm assuming they filter nutrients from the sand as they travel?

Wtf was that on the ceiling when Leto poisoned the room. Was that the Baron? If so, uhhhhh, what the ****?
The Baron had grown so fat that he could no longer walk. He moved around by means of anti-gravity suspensors. He used the suspensors to escape the poison gas.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:06 PM   #382
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:50 PM   #383
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Obviously when I saw the picture of the guy playing Feyd I didn't know it was the guy from the Elvis movie. Solid choice.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:45 PM   #384
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Cant wait. A full god damn year I have to wait.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 12:09 PM   #385
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

New teaser for Part 2. Apparently a full trailer will drop tomorrow.

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:44 PM   #386
I'll be back.

trailers for trailers!

was that lovely feyd?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:26 AM   #387
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
New teaser for Part 2. Apparently a full trailer will drop tomorrow.

Here is a trailer about the trailer we are going to release tomorrow... wtf
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:07 AM   #388
I'll be back.

holy ****

they're going to do an amazing job with the worm riding scene

Old 05-03-2023, 11:35 AM   #389
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Yeah, that looked amazing.

Spoiler!
Old 05-03-2023, 01:05 PM   #390
Veteran

I can't wait- looks unreal.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.