John Matuszak-20 Starts 0 0%
Mike DeVito-19 Starts 0 0%
Gary Stills-1 Starts & 1 Pro Bowls 3 6.00%
Just leave the presidents up there instead. 3 6.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   Topic Starter
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Mt. Rushmore by Position - Defensive Ends

Vote for EIGHT to go on this Mount Rushmore.

This is Chiefs players only, so if you want to vote on other NFL players, I'll remind you that the Chiefs have the greatest players so this is essentially the same thing.

We have way too many great players to limit our discussion to just one Mount Rushmore, so I thought it would be good to discuss the Mount Rushmore by position.

Here's how I'll post them up.

If a position has one person on the field (e.g., quarterback, center, tight end), the Mount Rushmore will have four players.

If a position has two people on the field (e.g., cornerback, offensive tackle, wide receiver), the Mount Rushmore will have eight players.

If a position has a varied history of one or two people on the field (e.g., defensive tackle, running back, inside linebacker), the Mount Rushmore will have six players.

The wide receiver Rushmore will have ten players since they've varied between two and three people on the field.

I'll put up a poll that will contain three times the number of available slots at a minimum. The candidates will include the players with the most career starts at that position, plus any player who ever made a pro bowl.

I'll use PFR as a reference, and will manually change any positions that are obviously an error (e.g., they list Joe Valerio as a center for some reason).
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #2
www.nfl-forecast.com

I found 7 to vote for. No way am I ever voting for Donkey Neil. Not in 1000 years.

Art Still
Jerry Mays
Aaron Brown
Jared Allen
Frank Clark
Tamba Hali (47 starts???? Thought it would be many more)
George Karlaftis

Mike Bell was mediocre in his career and too controversial post career.
Eric Hicks — ha ha
Mel Branch — no memory
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #3
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
I found 7 to vote for. No way am I ever voting for Donkey Neil. Not in 1000 years.

Art Still
Jerry Mays
Aaron Brown
Jared Allen
Frank Clark
Tamba Hali (47 starts???? Thought it would be many more)
George Karlaftis

Mike Bell was mediocre in his career and too controversial post career.
Eric Hicks — ha ha
Mel Branch — no memory

This is an interesting position for a lot of those reasons and others. We have some guys with a lot of starts and not a lot of impact. Then we have guys like Playoff Frank who no-showed a lot and then made iconic plays versus guys like Karlaftis who was productive all year in a championship season. Neil is controversial and Jared should be, and most of us aren't familiar with Branch and Mays.

There are a few no-brainers, but a lot of pros and cons for most of the candidates.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:02 AM   #4
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Neil is controversial and Jared should be...
Jared Allen left the Chiefs via trade for money.
The Chiefs traded him for picks who turned into Brandon Albert and Jamaal Charles.

Neil Smith was offered a good contract, which he turned down out of jealousy of the offer that Derrick Thomas (HOF player) received.
He joined a rival organization steeped in a culture of cheating.
He helped the rival organization win two illegitimate Super Bowls.
He celebrated a sack against KC using the baseball swing originally patterned to honor a true KC icon, George Brett.
After his NFL career he wanted to be recognized for his contributions as a Chief, as if all the betrayals had never happened.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:33 AM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Jared Allen left the Chiefs via trade for money.
The Chiefs traded him for picks who turned into Brandon Albert and Jamaal Charles.

Neil Smith was offered a good contract, which he turned down out of jealousy of the offer that Derrick Thomas (HOF player) received.
He joined a rival organization steeped in a culture of cheating.
He helped the rival organization win two illegitimate Super Bowls.
He celebrated a sack against KC using the baseball swing originally patterned to honor a true KC icon, George Brett.
After his NFL career he wanted to be recognized for his contributions as a Chief, as if all the betrayals had never happened.
Well said. Some serious ego involved. Smith wanted to be the man, not second fiddle the way I saw it. DT WAS the Chiefs at that time.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #6
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

It should be 157 starts for Hali, but I think most of those were technically at OLB
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #7
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
It should be 157 starts for Hali, but I think most of those were technically at OLB
Yeah, I realized that after I posted it. I need to assign people to one position, and maybe I should've made him a linebacker.
Old Today, 07:50 AM   #8
Fish are scared of me

Why wasn't Dee Ford on that list?
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #9
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Why wasn't Dee Ford on that list?
Because he was an OLB
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #10
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Interesting list. The Chiefs's recent Super Bowls are pretty impactful for me, I know those guys don't have a ton of starts, but what those playoff runs mean to the franchise is enormous.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #11
Mod Team

Mike Danna may not make the top 8 but as far as a guy being one of the best role players on championship teams, he's in the top.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #12
MVP

Frank Clark has multiple Super Bowls here, but I don't consider him a better Chief than Mays, Still, Smith, and Hali. He was invisible too often. Not a consistent contributor.

Maybe a poor comparison but I don't consider Pacheco one of the four best RBs in Chiefs history either despite the two SB wins.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.