Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What do I do?
Ask to reschedule for when I am scheduled to be back in town 1 1.96%
Re-book my flight 48 94.12%
Forget everything and bank on running into a player of this team at Walmart 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2017, 05:22 PM   Topic Starter
Let's Get Weird

Need the help and advice from some of the most responsible people I know.

Hello CP, I come before you to seek a solution of a dilemma that I am currently in regarding a work situation.

As many of you know and as you can probably tell, I attend KU. There, I do some marketing intern work with their AD as I did with my past school Eastern Illinois University. Working in sports, as I have read, is something that you need to break into at base level and then climb the mountain from there. I enjoy the work, and in December made a connection with a woman who works for a certain professional sports team within the area who was helping with some work for KU. Let's just say working for this sports organization would be a dream job for me, and also one that I would say would be a huge accomplishment for myself.

I made conversation with this particular woman for a good while during one of the KU MBB games and by the end of the work day she told me about an open marketing intern position for the upcoming season with this sports team and took my name down. I went home that night, updated my resume, and had the application sent in by the end of the night.

Fast forward to yesterday, about a month later, I received an email from another lady within this certain sports organization asking to come in for an in-person interview. So I think to myself, holy ****ing shit..

(credit to Chiefspants for the gif idea)

The only problem is that the interview timeslots that I am supposed to choose from are on January 10th and 11th. But with my luck right now, I am at home in Illinois for winter break for another week and a half. Not scheduled to fly back to KC until Saturday, the 14th.

I began to type out an email asking to reschedule for a time after the 14th. Then I became conflicted in that this is an application for an internship, which has no obligation over quite literally anything in the grand scheme of things. Which also, this sports organization runs on their own time and not to that of any colleges or follow the guidelines of any winter breaks. Therefore, wouldn't it be my responsibility to be present on their dates? I am sure there are many applicants, or I would think so, so I believe it would be just as easy for them to cross my name off of a list and turn to an applicant that will be in the area on the date.

So do I ask to possibly reschedule? Do you guys think that they would understand that most of the people working in this position are around college-age which means they may be away? Or do you believe that I should not bother emailing and just reschedule my flight on short notice (on extra cost)?

All advice is welcome,

C3
C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.C3HIEF3S has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Banned

Thinking like a Hiring Manager, I would move on from you. I'm already wondering what else you will blow off.

If you want the internship (and I know you do), you see them when they want to see you. This is more important than winter break and you will regret it.

Last edited by eDave; 01-05-2017 at 05:32 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Thinking like a Hiring Manager, I would move on from you. If you want the internship, you see them when they want to see you.
If you want it, go home early and eat the cost of the changed ticket. You may or may not get it, but if you reschedule and don't get it, you'll kick yourself for the rest of your life not knowing if you f-d your own damn self.

Good luck.
temper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Thinking like a Hiring Manager, I would move on from you. I'm already wondering what else you will blow off.

If you want the internship (and I know you do), you see them when they want to see you. This is more important than winter break and you will regret it.
Man, I totally disagree.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
MVP

Show up when they need you. It sends a bad vibe to start the relationship saying you'd rather hang around with your homies than attend even the first step of the process.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #6
Veteran

I agree with Dave. It sucks to cough up some of your break, but a few days in the grand scheme of things is hardly anything if it ends up getting you a lifelong dream.
Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #7
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

If it were me & I really wanted the internship I'd just reschedule. They're probably planning on interviewing only those days & I would really be surprised if they'd make a special appointment for you 3 days after they were planning on being done. Especially if it's a pretty sought after internship.
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #8
Be Kind To Your Pets

The way to get the job you want is to work harder at it than anybody else. It's really that simple.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #9
It was not a fair catch

Go to the interview at the time. In today's world-take advantage of when you can-otherwise there is someone to take it for you.
If it is a money issue, maybe someone can help you out.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #10
MVP

you already know the answer before you asked it here, which is why you didn't end up emailing her to reschedule. Suck it up, go in there and also it might be good to mention that you were glad to find an earlier flight back to be able to make it to this interview. It would show that you really wanted it.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
you already know the answer before you asked it here, which is why you didn't end up emailing her to reschedule. Suck it up, go in there and also it might be good to mention that you were glad to find an earlier flight back to be able to make it to this interview. It would show that you really wanted it.
EXCELLENT point.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #12
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

Quote:
This, plus as an added bonus there's always a small chance that they will say "Oh well we can do it on the 15th" granted I wouldn't hold my breath, but it's a possibility. Plus as the quoted poster said it lets them know you really want it bad enough to reschedule a flight on your own dime.
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #13
World's Best Boss

Quote:
also it might be good to mention that you were glad to find an earlier flight back to be able to make it to this interview. It would show that you really wanted it.
This is a fantastic idea.

I'm thrilled about this opportunity for you, C3. You're going to knock em' dead this week.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #14
Fish are scared of me

Tell them you need to reschedule because you heard it might snow and anyway Tuesdays are set aside for swine masturbation.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:54 PM   #15
Praise Him

I retired as Global Director of Human Resources for the company Supply Chain Org of the company.
I directed my org to work with the interns schedule as school and time to visit family is important. Especially if the candidate is highly qualified. Companies should be flexible in this situation. All that being said....I know nothing about sports industry and how they operate.
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.