Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 AM   Topic Starter
You Sweetie!

-- way back in the day - Noland Rd. (memory lane) *NFT

Honestly - did you ever 'cruise' Noland?

I was a tad young but would tag along w/ my sister and her friends when she'd allow it.

I remember the Wild Woodys - the Venture - there was an awesome video store where we'd rent Cheech and Chong movies. Let's see - Tippins, Arthur Treachers - Rustlers BBQ, Red Lobster, Fuddruckers.

Those were the days - 1969 Nova v8 w/ Cragar's.

WE WERE THERE!

reminiscing today for some reason...
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
You Sweetie!

Most of you grew up on the west side - this thread should wilt away before lunch time arrives. That's fine though - I'll reminisce by myself -
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

I grew up in the 80s so I was too young to cruise.

What do I remember about Noland Rd.? I remember Children's Palace. I remember Venture always advertising Nintendo games for sale that they didn't have in stock. I remember being traumatized by swimming lessons at the YMCA. I remember this weird store called Service Merchandise where you always had to take a ticket to the front to get your stuff.

Edit: I swear there was a YMCA near Noland and 35th, but I can't find it on a map.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #4
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post

What do I remember about Noland Rd.? I remember Children's Palace. I remember Venture always advertising Nintendo games for sale that they didn't have in stock. I remember being traumatized by swimming lessons at the YMCA. I remember this weird store called Service Merchandise where you always had to take a ticket to the front to get your stuff.
ha ha - I remember that - as well as the Underwriter's outlet on 24 and Noland.

When I first moved here in 1992 - there was a Service Merchandise near Gwinnett mall - as well.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Cheat Death

It was the 90s but I got tattooed at Kingpin.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
This
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #7
Escalades

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I used to own the Pager Store above Kingpin back in the mid 90's. That Kingpin was a drug mecca, those Munk boys that owned that place dealt more drugs then tattoos.

Anyone ever eat at the Shoney's brunch buffet? Or Rax?

Last edited by Big Poppa Payne; 03-20-2014 at 05:35 PM..
Big Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBig Poppa Payne 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by npayne1978 View Post
I used to own the Pager Store above Kingpin back in the mid 90's. That Kingpin was a drug mecca, those Munk boys that owned that place dealt more drugs then tattoos.

Anyone ever eat at the Shoney's brunch buffet? Or Rax?
Wasn't there a barber shop above them as well? I saw a guy fall out while getting a huge cross tatted on his back, he pissed his pants, got dragged up to the parking lot and stomped out. John is still laying down Oriental up north.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
Banned

Quote:

Edit: I swear there was a YMCA near Noland and 35th, but I can't find it on a map.
Service Merchandise was the shit. My uncle used to go in there all the time and find cool shit.
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #10
It Goes On

Quote:

It's behind Truman High School, just north of 35th.
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #11
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
Greater KC YMCA closed it a couple years ago. The building is still there, but it's not open.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #12
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
There it is.

Wow, it's way smaller than I remember it.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #13
Banned

heh, Noland was still happening through 1999 when I graduated high school. We wasted many nights there ****ing with the Independence kids.
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #14
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
heh, Noland was still happening through 1999 when I graduated high school. We wasted many nights there ****ing with the Independence kids.
Did you drive your house with wheels down noland?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #15
"Think BOOM!"

I don't believe that I've ever been on Noland Road, let alone "cruised it."
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.