Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-08-2004, 09:45 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

ESPN's Mortensen view of the chiefs from todays chat

From the new sports nation section on espn.com

Christopher: San Diego, Ca
What's going on Mort; I'm a Marine stationed out here in Southern California, but i grew up in the heartland and i bleed red and gold. I got a couple of questions for you. Do you see the Kansas City D making an improvement with Gun back in town with the personal he has now vise when he had D.T. , Neil, Dale Carter ect... ? Do you think a certain individual(s) performance will have a difference in making or breaking the D? One more thing I know the wide out situation is a little shaky with Johnnie and Eddie coming off injury's; What's the story with McCardell situation in Tampa Bay, are they going to just sit on him? Any rumors on releasing him or trading him? I appreciate you time I'm a big fan.

CHRIS MORTENSEN
First, thank you for serving our country. As for the Chiefs, Gunther obviously does not have the game-changing type players like you mention, but Dick Vermeil is hoping that a different scheme and new energy will give them a lift. Obviously, the Chiefs' offense is a lot better but I don't see the Bucs releasing McCardell and Vermeil is on the record saying that he wouldn't be interested in McCardell's salary ($2.5 mil). But McCardell does make sense.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:55 AM   #2
Grandson of Darth Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief
From the new sports nation section on espn.com

Christopher: San Diego, Ca
What's going on Mort; I'm a Marine stationed out here in Southern California, but i grew up in the heartland and i bleed red and gold. I got a couple of questions for you. Do you see the Kansas City D making an improvement with Gun back in town with the personal he has now vise when he had D.T. , Neil, Dale Carter ect... ? Do you think a certain individual(s) performance will have a difference in making or breaking the D? One more thing I know the wide out situation is a little shaky with Johnnie and Eddie coming off injury's; What's the story with McCardell situation in Tampa Bay, are they going to just sit on him? Any rumors on releasing him or trading him? I appreciate you time I'm a big fan.

CHRIS MORTENSEN
First, thank you for serving our country. As for the Chiefs, Gunther obviously does not have the game-changing type players like you mention, but Dick Vermeil is hoping that a different scheme and new energy will give them a lift. Obviously, the Chiefs' offense is a lot better but I don't see the Bucs releasing McCardell and Vermeil is on the record saying that he wouldn't be interested in McCardell's salary ($2.5 mil). But McCardell does make sense.
ZZZ
Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #3
Say hello to my little friend

Dammit Carl.
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:59 AM   #4
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Landers
Dammit Carl.
Ehem!

It's: Damnit, Carl!
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #5
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
CHRIS MORTENSEN
First, thank you for serving our country.
That was a nice touch.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:05 AM   #6
Archivist

Ive got a question...has it been that long since Dale Carter left the team that he's now a 'game changer'? By who's definition...

I certainly remember if the opposing team needed PI or some stupid personal foul penalty to extend a drive on 3rd and 42 miles, they would throw it to whoever Carter was covering.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:07 AM   #7
Say hello to my little friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus
Ive got a question...has it been that long since Dale Carter left the team that he's now a 'game changer'? By who's definition...

I certainly remember if the opposing team needed PI or some stupid personal foul penalty to extend a drive on 3rd and 42 miles, they would throw it to whoever Carter was covering.
I would have said Hasty, not Carter.
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:08 AM   #8
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus

I think the same thing every time I see him mentioned with Smith, DT, and Hasty...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:09 AM   #9
Has a particular set of skills

No shi@. They guy hurt us more than he helped us. It was Hasty, DT and Smith that made that defense hum.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:25 AM   #10
Veteran

I agree ... Carter was a waste of draft pick, salary cap and time. Hurt the team more than helped.
38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #11
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

You guys are too hard on Carter because of his last year or two. He was a great cornerback for us for several years.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #12
i guess its bittersweet poetry

C'mon Mortenstein.
HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:33 AM   #13
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man
You guys are too hard on Carter because of his last year or two. He was a great cornerback for us for several years.
At the very least, last 3 years--96-98.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #14
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man
He had an excellent rookie year and that was about it. He had 7 INT's that 1st season and then he had 3 in 3 seasons. He had 4 in 1995 and 3 in 1996. He added 2 more in 1996 and his final season in 1997. IMO, his production went down as his coke consumption went up.

Charles Mincy was alot better than people give him credit for. And people forget the contributions of an aging Albert Lewis and Mark Collins, both who outplayed a much younger Carter IMO.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:06 PM   #15
Gonna go back in time....

**** dale carter. **** you too carl. **** keenan mccardell.
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.