Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which game was your favorite?
2018 - Week 2 - W 42-37 over PIT 21 67.74%
2019 - Week 17 - W 31-21 over LAC 10 32.26%
Abstain 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2023, 12:45 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

The Early Years Tournament: Round 1, Heat 3.

Hoo boy. This is a heavyweight Round 1 matchup.

2018 - Week 2 - W 42-37 over PIT
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1809160pit.htm
Chiefs 1-0 / Steelers 0-0-1

Who is this kid? WHO IS THIS KID! Six touchdown passes to five different receivers for Patrick Mahomes in his second start of the 2018 season. Chris Jones also scored a touchdown, but it was called back because refs hate Chris Jones. Roethlisberger had 452 passing yards but was clearly the second-best QB on the field.

2019 - Week 17 - W 31-21 over LAC
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1912290kan.htm
Chiefs 11-4 / Chargers 5-10

The Chiefs needed this game for a shot at the #2 seed. The Chiefs came through and Fitzmagic came through. But so many other things happened in this game. We saw two of Damien Williams' greatest runs. Mecole had a 100+ yard kickoff return touchdown. Patrick was great but didn't have a dominant game. The defense harrassed Rivers with 2 ints and 3 sacks, and Butker was 4-4 on field goals. This was a prelude to the playoffs featuring Playoff Frank, Playoff Damien, a long pass to Tyreek, a game-changing kick return, and on and on.

Round 1 will have 32 heats. The rules are here:
Spoiler!
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2023, 12:50 PM   #2
World's Best Boss

Should it come down to whether this was the better Mahomes performance or whether the game was more important for our franchise? I'll have to think on this one and come back.

What a great early round fight.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2023, 12:51 PM   #3
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Steelers game only because its the only Chiefs game I had gotten to go to in over a decade.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Old 07-11-2023, 12:56 PM   #4
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Yowza. These are notable games.

The Chargers game was an eerie premonition to the playoffs if you watch it. It was peak Damien Williams, and the receivers were amazing. The defense harassed Rivers nonstop and Hitchens was a tackling machine. The Chargers focused on shutting down Mahomes and actually slowed him down a lot, controlling the time of possession by a large margin. But the Chiefs had the speed machine going full throttle, and then when you throw in a dash of Fitzmagic, that was a great week to be a football fan.

But gee whiz, I have to pick the Pittsburgh game. I just gotta. That game was Michaelangelo bringing us from the Dark Ages. That game was D-Day when legions of Chiefs fans were liberated from our NFL oppressors. That game was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time on the new Queen album. I don't care that it was early in the season. I don't care that it didn't lead to a Super Bowl win. I don't care that the defense was getting torched all day. That game was a new sheriff coming into town.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 12:57 PM   #5
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Should it come down to whether this was the better Mahomes performance or whether the game was more important for our franchise? I'll have to think on this one and come back.

What a great early round fight.
I'm voting based on which game I enjoyed the most. Of course, Mahomes plays a role in that, but I'm looking at the overall game.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:04 PM   #6
MVP

Went with the Steelers game. This was when you knew that the Chargers game the week before wasn't an anomaly and just the Chargers being the Chargers. They had something here that had tons of potential. I think the 49ers game the week after was when you knew the something they had was going to be special.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-11-2023, 07:04 PM   #7
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

****ing hate the Stoolers. That game was epic. More TDs than incomplete passes.

Boner fuel.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:39 PM   #8
MVP

Chargers game for me, it was the game that clinched homefield advantage for the playoffs and Harlan did the epic call of both games at the same time.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.