Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
US Virgin Islands, plus $580,010 annual stipend 14 40.00%
Virginia, plus $250,000 annual stipend 21 60.00%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2021, 11:14 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Mansionmania Tournament: Round 3, Heat 8

Heat 8 is a special Thanksgiving heat, so here's a picture for you:

Mansionmania continues with our Sweet 16 3rd-round contestants. You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:
  • The purchase price for you is $0.
  • All maintenance, utilities, property taxes, HOA fees, and cleaning is included.
  • You must live in the home for the rest of your life.
  • You can't travel more than 100 miles from home (via google maps drive time) other than 1 two-week vacation each year.
  • You get $250,000 per year as a living allowance
  • You get an additional living allowance at the cheaper home, which will be valued at 1% of any cost difference annually. I will note this amount in the poll.
  • You get the furnishings. If unfurnished, you get an allowance that will give you mid-grade furniture in every room.
  • You get any vehicles in the garage. But only the garage - nothing parked outside.

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

US Virgin Islands:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M97779-80235

Virginia:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...zpid/?mmlb=g,0
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:23 PM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Another heavyweight battle between two strong contenders. Let's review the tape.

USVI - It's a great home design, and there's no need to own a windbreaker. You'll have to save your vacation time to flee hurricanes, and I have a feeling that life in a US territory is going to involve some hassles that you won't find in a US state. If you look at the fine print, the 30,000 square feet includes both indoor and outdoor space, so it's not as big as they're boasting, but it's still going to be plenty big enough. However, a negative for me is that it's split into three buildings, which makes it less user-friendly. I just noticed the water slide into the pool, which is a nice touch. But where am I going for dinner? My entertainment choices are limited.

Virginia - I really like this house. I'm not usually a huge fan of the colonial style, but that's usually because it's a cheap knockoff. This is an estate that's basically Mount Vernon, and that makes it an inconceivably cool house. I like the indoor resistance pool, and the 16 acres gives me land to wander and consider the 18th-century interests of botany and birds and stuff. Then I can drive easily into DC and have a nice dinner. This house fits me very well from a style and design perspective.

USVI is amazing, but I have to go with Virginia here. That house is spectacular, and it's in a great location on a scenic lot.

Last edited by Rain Man; 11-25-2021 at 11:32 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:43 PM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Virginia - easy.

This is the one that’s part of Washington’s original Mt. Vernon Estate and overlooks the Potomac. This may be my favorite remaining home. Just an incredible spot.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:51 AM   #4
Supporter

Virginia here too.

And I’m a whore for the money.

That house is awesome.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:39 AM   #5
Here We Go Again

Voted for the island this time. Seems like I've been picking the loser on the last few of these.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #6
In Search of a Life

The Virginia house is nice, but the Potamic is dirty carp and catfish water. DC area traffic sucks.
USVI easily, especially with the money. Buy a sailboat and cruise around your allowable radius.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:15 AM   #7
Exasperated

I live in Northen Virginia and hate a lot about the area but I'd take the Mt. Vernon house over any other two in the competition. The house is perfect, the spot is more than perfect and you get almost everything within 100 miles.
Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #8
Veteran

Virginia.

Island living would be too isolating. it would be difficult for friends and family to visit.
I wish there was a boat tied to the dock.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #9
MVP

That USVI house is my favorite on in the completion.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:54 AM   #10
Live free or die hard

That USVI home looks cozy as a good set of boobs but I went with Virginia.

Definitely a tough call.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #11
Curmudgeon

I have a friend that lived in a multi-million dollar home close to the house in the Virgin Islands for a few years. He's living back in the states now. I won't go into all the horror stories, but he's glad he moved before the next hurricane. I'm in on the VA house.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.