Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2020, 01:32 PM  
__

Random thoughts about random prospects.

Ken Murray out of OU is one of the players I've seen a ton of as I watched a lot of OU football in the last year. Murray is Dee Ford-esque project at the LB position. He has very little idea what he's doing and he's going to take a year or two to mold. Ford took three years but his position is harder than Murray's and Murray is perfectly built for the position, whereas Ford always had to overcome his size.

Murray, for what it's worth, never dropped into coverage consistently. You're going to have to teach him what will probably be 75% of his game in the NFL, because OU poorly prepared him for that aspect of the league.

I'd take a good hard look at him at 32.

Laviska Shenault is an insanely entertaining player. Colorado literally put this dude at every position on the offense and he's got that "RB playing WR" vibe to him that Sammy has had for much of his career. Andy Reid loooooves moving skill position guys around and giving them different things to do and Shenault is the kind of swiss army knife the team should consider.

Casual fans and NFL Network personalities would scratch their heads if the Chiefs went WR so early (I'd take a good hard look at the end of the 2nd), but next year we only have Hill and Hardman under contract.

Shenault's biggest fault is that he's largely unproven he can consistently beat man coverage, which is going to have to be our #1 concern, given how often we'll be facing it.

Troy Pride Jr. out of Notre Dame reminds of me Kendall Fuller. He's a reliable enough corner but he has some holes in his game. However if you drop him into a zone, he reads the QB well and can make plays. That seems to suit him as a zone corner but I think he'd be even better if you moved him to deep safety like Fuller played.

Like Fuller, Pride could make his name reading the QB and anticipating passing lanes, with enough coverage experience to man up on a deep route runner if the opportunity presented itself.

Xavier McKinney sounds like a Honey Badger clone. He'd probably be my pick at 32 if we weren't so impoverished at LB. Put him at SS, Thornhill at FS, and Badger in the slot.

I've been fading Zach Baun more and more at 32. I like the player but I don't think he's a schematic fit. I know people keep harping for him as a SOLB, but I don't know how much faith I have in him to perform that role. He's best when he's unleashed to go towards the QB. That said, he's too small on a couple different fronts to be a Spags' end. I think he's a 3-4 OLB, and therefore not in consideration for KC.

If the Chiefs are going to consider chewing on an offensive tackle at 32, I think it's a season too early to do so. But the guy I'd be looking at would be Georgia's Isaiah Wilson. I don't believe that size as a tackle is everything -- until you get to a certain size. 6'7", 340 lbs -- he's just too massive to bullrush and too long to get around.

And I do think he fits power rush schemes better than a more athletic scheme like ours but I still think he fits ours. Fisher is an all-universe athlete at tackle but Wilson is at least as athletic as Schwartz.

Unlike Schwartz, though, Wilson has no idea how to play the game of football and he's going to need seasoning. We're not really looking to part ways with either of our tackles until 2022 at the absolute earliest so you could take him and bench him for a couple seasons to get him where he needs to be. Our staff is good enough to pull that off -- I just don't like going tackle in the 1st.

I think we need to think about TCU's Ross Blacklock, who has absolutely everything we love in defensive tackles but needs to get a better feel of the game. That's perfect for Spags and Daly. He is huge, powerful, and can pressure, and right now we have exactly one DT on the team who can reliably apply pressure, and he's under the franchise tag. Blacklock would be a good 2nd round pick.

Saunders is turning out to be more of a stuffer than a penetrator. Blacklock would be the 4th/5th DT in our rotation this year, depending on what we do with Jones, but he'd be the 3rd/4th guy in the rotation in 2021 as Mike Pennel ostensibly moves on.

Y'all better just get ready for Zach Moss to be your starting RB in 2021 after Damien Williams walks. He's out of an area Andy Reid adores (Utah) and he's got the exact same skillset Kareem Hunt has. Matter of fact, he's frequently compared to Kareem Hunt. There's just no doubt to me that Moss is going to be a Chief, either on Day 2 or Day 3.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
MVP

I agree with much of your post. I like Queen > Murray, McKinney if available is my guy for the reasons you posted, I agree Moss is a great fit and our next RB, I also like Pride and Blacklock both on my radar.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:12 AM   #3
MVP

If Moss is there in the 3rd I'm all for it. Anything more than that is probably a reach in my eyes, depending on how things unfold.

Shenault is a box of rocks and doesn't have great athleticism. He's going to drop like a rock. Wouldn't be surprised if he's there in the 4th, no joke.

I like Pride a bunch, maybe more than I should. Would not be disappointed if he's one of the picks.

If I were going to take a shot on an early safety this year it'd probably be Cal's Ashtyn Davis. Kid is a missile and has the athleticism to cover anyone.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.