Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2020, 11:59 AM  
Supporter

MLB Looking at having all baseball games in one location :AZ for COVID19 measures

Major League Baseball considers starting season in one location
From CNN's Wayne Sterling

Chase Field, where the Arizona Diamondbacks play, could be used in this plan.

Major League Baseball (MLB) is trying to work through plans to get back to playing, including having games at a central location once the coronavirus pandemic has improved.

"MLB has been actively considering numerous contingency plans that would allow play to commence once the public health situation has improved to the point that it is safe to do so," the league said in a statement Tuesday.

"While we have discussed the idea of staging games at one location as one potential option, we have not settled on that option or developed a detailed plan," the league added.

According to ESPN, MLB is considering playing games as early as next month. The league is also looking at getting all 30 teams in Arizona, according to multiple reports.

Why Arizona? Half of MLB holds their spring training in the Phoenix area and the stadiums are all within about 50 miles from each other. This would allow teams to quarantine in a hotel and not have to travel far for their games.

With this plan, they would also use Chase Field where the Arizona Diamondbacks play. But all of this would happen without fans in the stands.

ESPN also is reporting that the league is discussing using an electronic strike zone so the plate umpire would not have to be right on the catcher and hitter.

"While we continue to interact regularly with governmental and public health officials, we have not sought or received approval of any plan from federal, state and local officials, or the Players Association," MLB continued.

"The health and safety of our employees, players, fans and the public at large are paramount, and we are not ready at this time to endorse any particular format for staging games in light of the rapidly changing public health situation caused by the coronavirus.”

MLB Players Association had no comment to this story.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...-20/index.html
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
Supporter

sabermetricians are probably so bored they are all simultaneously looking up spring training park factor impacts.
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #3
My work speaks for itself!!!

Let me guess, the yankees and red sox play all the games at Chase field and have each game televised to a national audience (while all the "scrub" teams play at surprise or Tucson)?

Ugh.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:19 PM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
Let me guess, the yankees and red sox play all the games at Chase field and have each game televised to a national audience (while all the "scrub" teams play at surprise or Tucson)?

Ugh.
At this point I’ll take what I can get.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #5
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by banyon View Post
At this point I’ll take what I can get.
+1
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #6
Starter

Can you imagine ratings if this happened?
ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ottawa_chiefs_fan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #7
I love your mom

I would still have a hard time watching it.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Royals still lose 100+
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #9
The talking stonehead

I have a feeling a lot of players won’t be too thrilled with this. Will the families be allowed to join them? I would be pissed if they took me from my family and locked us in a quarantine hotel to only be allowed to come out to play baseball. Sounding a lot like the North Korean leagues.

As a sports fan, though, I really hope this happens.
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:07 PM   #10
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Royals still lose 100+
Not so sure......

Maybe the spring-training mojo carries over (as the Royals typically do pretty well in the cactus league!).

At this point, who cares. I was channel surfing the other night, and ESPN2 was playing stuff from the late 80s/early 90s (frisbee dog competitions).
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:12 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED View Post
I have a feeling a lot of players won’t be too thrilled with this. Will the families be allowed to join them? I would be pissed if they took me from my family and locked us in a quarantine hotel to only be allowed to come out to play baseball. Sounding a lot like the North Korean leagues.

As a sports fan, though, I really hope this happens.
I don't see how you could allow the families to come unless they too were willing to be cooped up in a hotel for a month.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:55 PM   #12
El Gato Gordo Loco

Yes.

Do it.

Players want to get paid don't they? I think most if not all would be on board.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #13
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Not sure how this would help anything. One player or staffer comes down with this shit everything comes to a stand still.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:03 PM   #14
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Not sure how this would help anything. One player or staffer comes down with this shit everything comes to a stand still.
If you test everyone and they are in a biodome type place, there is no reason to believe anyone would or could ever catch it.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #15
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
If you test everyone and they are in a biodome type place, there is no reason to believe anyone would or could ever catch it.
Their food and other supplies has to come from somewhere.
limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.limested is not part of the Right 53.