Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-09-2019, 01:01 PM  
Threepeat!

Help Please. Laptop advice.

Suddenly find myself in need of a new laptop. Haven't bought a new one in years. Currently looking at an HP 17t for $890 + tax. Not too particular about brand. Any suggestions on a better deal for a machine with similar specs? (See below.) Cheers and thank you. (You seem nice.)

HP 17t
Windows 10 Home 64 Plus
Intel® Core™ i7-8565U (1.8 GHz, up to 4.6 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) Intel® UHD Graphics 620
16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2x8GB)
17.3" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
256 GB M.2 SSD
Microsoft® Office 365 Home 1-year
McAfee Anti-virus 12 months
3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery
DVD-Writer
Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
HP TrueVision HD Camera with Digital Microphone
802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #2
Banned

Unless you are gaming, a laptop is a laptop. IMO.

That said, I'd shy away from the HP.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #3
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Unless you are gaming, a laptop is a laptop. IMO.
I agree for the most part. That's why I'm not too particular on brand or model. Just want the best deal on something that has similar specs and is reliable. Many here are much more tech savvy than I.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
Suupraa Geniuuusss

You might find a better deal with about the same stuff looking at Lenovo. I've had two Lenovos now, and they have been pretty good. One thing though; part of how they keep costs down is that your extra apps (whatever they're called) are pretty spare. You want all kinds of extras, you'll have to D/L them yourself.

But if you just want a basic machine that performs just as well as the more well-known brands, Lenovo is hard to beat.

Based on what your asks are in the OP, a Lenovo should have most of that. Maybe not the Micro Office. You'd have to check individual models.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:17 PM   #5
The Demon Preacher

Chances are that if you jump on Facebook Marketplace you will find a new to you laptop that scorches your previous one's specs and for $150. I don't know about you... but I can think of 10 ways to better spend the $700 difference.

Mind you... if you are doing intensive work on it (graphics, movies, even music) then never mind. If you are doing spreadsheets, creating documents, and browsing the web... then definitely go the used route.

I say this as a complete and total computer nerd.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #6
Thread I will end you.......

Be careful overclocking a laptop, the extra heat will kill it. And it's not likely you'll do any extra mod to reduce that extra heat.

Intel® Core™ i7-8565U (1.8 GHz, up to 4.6 GHz)
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #7

https://www.amazon.com/Flagship-HP-T...s%2C170&sr=1-2
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:30 PM   #8

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-T...s%2C170&sr=1-3
Old 12-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #9
The Demon Preacher

What did you wind up getting or are you still shopping?
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #10
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
Be careful overclocking a laptop, the extra heat will kill it. And it's not likely you'll do any extra mod to reduce that extra heat.

Intel® Core™ i7-8565U (1.8 GHz, up to 4.6 GHz)
If you're referring to the "up to 4.6 GHz" part, that refers to CPU boost. Not overclocking. They would never include potential overclocking speeds in the product description.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.