Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM  
Veteran

Cat won’t stop peeing on the carpets what do I do?

So I’ve had this cat for approximately 14 years, and in those 14 years she has been known to shit and piss in the house. I got her when I was 17, I’m 31 now.

A little back story to her is that she never had an issue at my parents house until an additional 2 cats were introduced to the house, then it started. For years she would do this and it never really became a thing since my parents house never smelt the best in the first place you didn’t know if it was cat piss or a piece of meat from 2 nights prior.

Fast forward a bit and me and my family move into an apartment and we adopt a litter box method for her and it’s golden pastures, that is until we find a little 7 month old kitten practically left for dead on the street and we took her home. At the apartment I’m not sure if she was pissing in places that I just never noticed since we left soon after and to her credit, she will always shit in the litter box, but now we have moved to a brand new home and this is where things have become more of an issue.

After moving into our home, we have 2 cat boxes upstairs, and 2 downstairs. One day my wife mentions to me just how awful the bathroom is smelling of cat odor, and low and behold, I find my 14 year old cat pissing on the floor towel of the guest bathroom with the litter box not even a foot away from her sparkling clean. Needless to say we no longer have floor mats in that bathroom. Fast forward to today and she is pissing right outside the litter box, pissing on my area rugs whether that be in my garage or my guest room, but who the **** does this cat think she is as if she’s been mistreated in any way. She’s allowed outside and she never jumps the fence (while at this point I wish she would and to never return.) she seems overall happy but just seems pissed when it’s not JUST her in the house for whatever reason (pet wise).

Anyways I’m wondering what my options are here and what others have done in similar situations. I’m planning a vet appointment for Friday, and I’m hoping they say this little bitch has a terminal illness or something that is making her act this way so I can request she be put down. Think I’m just over this cat.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #2

Do you own a wood chipper?
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #3
I'll be back.

chuck it in the nearest yard with pitbulls and let nature take it's course
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #4
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Do you still notice the smell of cat piss when you walk into your home or are nose blind to it.
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #5
Thank you

Y'all are gonna flip out when I post a thread from the POV of the cat
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #6
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

1 .22 shell will work unless it does a fast shit & split
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #7
Hockey Town

Are all of your cats fixed? If not that'll cause it...if so here are things that'll help.

If you have 3 cats you need 4 litter boxes.
Do not leave clothes or towels laying around on the floor, on furniture or baskets in rooms cats go in, cats pissing in clothes is common.

Also pissing out of the litter box can be a health thing. I had a cat that started doing it..he had diabetes got him treated and he stopped.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #8
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
If you have 3 cats you need 4 litter boxes.
Do not leave clothes or towels laying around on the floor, on furniture or baskets in rooms cats go in, cats pissing in clothes is common.
man, **** cats
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #9
Cynical Misanthrope

I had a bulldog that kept getting kidney stones. B/c of that, it kept peeing in the house. Couldn’t break it of the habit. I’m not an animal and I won’t live among filth. I mean, I’m not a Raiders fan.

Took it to the woods, shot it, and then threw its body into the river. That dog never peed in my house again.

I suggest you do the same.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #10
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
she seems overall happy but just seems pissed when it’s not JUST her in the house for whatever reason (pet wise).
Unfortunately, it might be as simple as that. Considering the age and the rest of the details it sounds that way.

But you should take it to a vet and explain this, just to make sure it's not health related. It could be something like a tumor in the bladder, etc.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #11
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I had a bulldog that kept getting kidney stones. B/c of that, it kept peeing in the house. Couldn’t break it of the habit. I’m not an animal and I won’t live among filth. I mean, I’m not a Raiders fan.

Took it to the woods, shot it, and then threw its body into the river. That dog never peed in my house again.

I suggest you do the same.
Bulldogs are ****ing ugly anyway. I've never understood why anyone would want this around.

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #12
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Bulldogs are ****ing ugly anyway. I've never understood why anyone would want this around.

you don't have to be good looking to be a good boy or girl.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 AM   #13
In my youth i pray to keep

When "our" cat started pissing outside the litter box that meant it was his time to go. No, we didn't euthanize him out of convenience, he was just slipping that far into senility.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:25 AM   #14
Starter

Cats can do that for a few reasons. One, as someone mentioned earlier, could be health related. I would have a vet check on your cat, see if there's any issues with their bladder or urinary tract.

However, in reading your story, I noticed a common theme. If there was another cat in the house, it peed in places other than the litterbox. Some cats get jealous/resentful/territorial of other new cats and can act out by pissing outside the litterbox. If there is no health issue, then this is probably the reason why. I would recommend getting rid of one of them.
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 01:26 AM   #15
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Do you own a wood chipper?
Not even gonna lie man, just walked into my guest bathroom and smells like straight cat piss. Remind you I just took out both cat boxes, Clorox wiped both containers, vacuumed/swept entire floor and then swiffered the hard wood floor. I ****ing hate animals.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote