Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

American Airlines carry on question

I've never flown on this airline before. When getting ready to board do they start forcing people to check their carryon bags. If so, at what point does this start?

I ran into this on Alaska before and was really frustrated by it.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #2
Choco Favre

If you're in a low boarding group (groups 7ish and beyond) they usually announce that there isn't enough room and passengers in those groups will probably need to check their bags.

Usually they announce that well before you board though.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #3
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
If you're in a low boarding group (groups 6 and beyond) they will probably announce that there isn't enough room and passengers in those groups will probably need to check their bags.

So how do I avoid that boarding group?
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #4
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Buy 1st class or check in ASAP (24 hr window).

They usually find enough volunteers that they don't have to force anyone though
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #5
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Groups are based on your status. I had well over 150kish points with American and was AA Platinum in group 3 unless I was bumped up to first class, then I was in group 1.

I suggest signing up an account for Rewards Points, I believe you're automatically bumped to Group 6.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #6
What's up braj?

Just say you’re going to crash the plane with a senator onboard then you won’t have to worry about your carry on.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #7
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Just say you’re going to crash the plane with a senator onboard then you won’t have to worry about your carry on.
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
This is why CP rocks.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #9
Seeking the Truth daily

People worry about the dumbest shit
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #10
[null]

Depends on how big the plane is and how full the flight. I’ve not been on an AA flight anytime recently where they’ve forced gate checks like you describe.
Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #11
Choco Favre

Is the flgiht full?

If not, you probably won't have to worry about it.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #12
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Usually what they do on American is just take your bag when you're in the jetway and they stow in underneath, but it's not really "checked" and they'll have it to you ready when you leave the plane and you won't have to wait for the baggage carousel.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #13
When a nightmare becomes real

If you are asking this question, your bag is getting gate checked.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #14
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Pro tip: don't ever, ever try to carry a body in your carry on. Send UPS instead.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #15
Shaken. Not stirred.

Asking primarily because when I flew on Alaska they forced people to check early. When I got on I found plenty of space I could have put my bag. I mean for crying or loud there should be room for one carryon bag for each person.