Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2022, 10:03 AM  
Colorado Chief Fan

Fix for CEH...Fournette!!

Leonard Fournette RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Leonard Fournette
The Athletic's Greg Auman believes that impending free agents Leonard Fournette and Ronald Jones are both likely to depart Tampa Bay.

Fournette posted on Instagram on Tuesday, thanking his teammates and fans and notably referring to his time with the Buccaneers in the past tense. The Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud viewed it as a sign that Fournette is anticipating moving on. Fournette's departure could theoretically open up an opportunity for Jones, but Jones was barely used in any capacity for most of 2021 and seems very likely to hit the open market. If both running backs depart, Ke'Shawn Vaughn would step in as the Buccaneers starter, for the time being at least. Auman expects that the Buccaneers will ultimately draft a running back or bring in another veteran to help fill out their depth chart. Still, Vaugn looks like a worthwhile best ball dart throw. Fournette is unlikely to take full control of his next backfield the way he did in Tampa Bay, but the 27-year-old is a capable receiver and goal-line presence.
Related:

Ronald Jones, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, O.J. Howard

Source: Greg Auman on Twitter
Mar 9, 2022, 10:44 AM ET

Fournette can do everything! I love the thought of Fournette on the Chiefs, he can catch, he can run, he is great on the goal line. Especially with our O line!

Here is our chance to fix the CEH miss. What say you?
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:07 AM   #2
MVP

You're going to take a lot of crap for suggesting we sign a RB in free agency but I'd honestly love to see it as well. I'm tired of this committee crap. The lack of a great RB and true #2 WR are drastically holding the offense back from being truly record shattering.

I'm sure they are still going to roll with CEH as the main option, though. I haven't totally lost faith after hearing what he went through last offseason. Really helped explain why he looked so shitty this year. He showed a lot more burst in the playoffs.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:07 AM   #3
In Search of a Life

If we pay a free agent running back I will be looking to fix you
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:08 AM   #4
Most Valuable Villain

Not for what he's going to get paid.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:11 AM   #5
MVP

I'd rather keep CEH. Fournettes going to get $9-$12 mil/year and CEH has a $2.9 mil cap hit this year. Fournette is a little better, but he's not a Jamaal Charles type of threat.

Hard pass
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:12 AM   #6
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
You're going to take a lot of crap for suggesting we sign a RB in free agency but I'd honestly love to see it as well. I'm tired of this committee crap. The lack of a great RB and true #2 WR are drastically holding the offense back from being truly record shattering.

I'm sure they are still going to roll with CEH as the main option, though. I haven't totally lost faith after hearing what he went through last offseason. Really helped explain why he looked so shitty this year. He showed a lot more burst in the playoffs.
I'd do it as well but I have never been sold on CEH and certainly am not now.
IMO he's a JAG and KC needs an upgrade.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:13 AM   #7
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I'd rather keep CEH. Fournettes going to get $9-$12 mil/year and CEH has a $2.9 mil cap hit this year. Fournette is a little better, but he's not a Jamaal Charles type of threat.

Hard pass
Bet he doesn't get that much $$$
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 03-09-2022, 10:14 AM   #8
MVP

I'm good with drafting a guy between the 3rd and 5th though.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:15 AM   #9
Veteran

I love the idea. Remember how potent the Chiefs offense was with Priest Holmes AND a dynamic passing attack?
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:21 AM   #10
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Not for what he's going to get paid.
I feel like most teams are not going to give up a ton for RBs these days, unless its someone they drafted and has performed really well.

Someone like Zeke, and even that seems like a mistake. The Fans would revolt if they let Zeke go but it would have been the right thing to do.

If he takes 3-5 Mil, would you do it?

I believe the Chiefs will draft a RB in the mid to late rounds this year but what if they sign Fournette and use that pick on S, CB, WR?

Id like that!
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:22 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post

You don’t need some stud 25-30 carry a game RB in todays game to win. RBBC is just fine. The Chiefs offense is already Next level.

Besides, as long as Mahomes is QB, any Chiefs RB is going to get limited carries.
Capt_Von_Trapp ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.Capt_Von_Trapp ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:23 AM   #12
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If we pay a free agent running back I will be looking to fix you
If they sign Fournette, you will be thanking me and Veach.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:27 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
I feel like most teams are not going to give up a ton for RBs these days, unless its someone they drafted and has performed really well.

Someone like Zeke, and even that seems like a mistake. The Fans would revolt if they let Zeke go but it would have been the right thing to do.

If he takes 3-5 Mil, would you do it?

I believe the Chiefs will draft a RB in the mid to late rounds this year but what if they sign Fournette and use that pick on S, CB, WR?

Id like that!
Then you have a over priced RB on the downward part of his career and another mid to late round trying to make the roster as a specialty teams player.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:29 AM   #14
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp View Post
You don’t need some stud 25-30 carry a game RB in todays game to win. RBBC is just fine. The Chiefs offense is already Next level.

Besides, as long as Mahomes is QB, any Chiefs RB is going to get limited carries.
Teams are going to utilize what seemed to work against us.

They start dropping 8 into coverage shit, I want to make them pay dearly for it.

CEH does not seem capable of doing that. Fournette does! He also could become the WR2 option. Hes that good in the passing game.

I would put him above a mid round draft pick because we KNOW he can do the things we want from a RB. Allowing that draft pick to go to another position.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:31 AM   #15
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
Then you have a over priced RB on the downward part of his career and another mid to late round trying to make the roster as a specialty teams player.
I guess you highlighted the sentence but didnt read it?