Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2021, 08:07 PM  
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Netflix - Crime Scenes Dissapearance at the Cecil Hotel

A case study in the culture of Internet Sleuths and how people just don't have all the information needed to know the truth...and how conspiracy theories can go right down the rat hole:

EDIT: It's the Vanishing not the Dissaperance
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:38 AM   #16
Everybody Lies.

I watched this and it was worth watching. I watched a few videos on this case back when it happened so I didn't learn a whole lot that I didn't already know. I do think Don't **** With Cats was better. I knew very little about that case.

As far as internet sleuth shows, The Killing Season is also good. It was on A&E and I believe there were 8 episodes. It's mostly about the Long Island Serial Killer and serial killers who prey on online prostitutes.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #17
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
They turned a 10 minute clickbait youtube video into a four part series with hours of pointless content. The whole thing could have been boiled down into one hour. I was underwhelmed.
Exactly. The last hour plus was just worthless. Basically boiled down to "there was a language barrier between the maintenance guy, the hatch actually was open." Sad story, girl had bipolor, medication issues but IMO nothing warranting a 4 hour series being made about it. Wish I would have stuck to my gut feeling that that would be the outcome and bailed early.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:52 PM   #18
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
They turned a 10 minute clickbait youtube video into a four part series with hours of pointless content. The whole thing could have been boiled down into one hour. I was underwhelmed.
I made it through the first episode and that was my impression as well. Seems like it was about a third useful content and two-thirds useless bullshit.

No desire to keep watching.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:10 PM   #19
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
To a point. KCUnited summed it up perfectly - starts out great, then dissolves into a story of people obsessed with the story.
May check it out some rainy day during the off season. But doesn’t sound like it’s going on my “must see” list.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:10 PM   #20
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Agreed. Which is why I called it a case study in Internet Sleuths. I also agree that this could have been probably 2 episodes instead of 4, and the last episode was complete filler and unnecessary.

But, I still enjoyed it on the whole. It's a fascinating story about the place itself, it's history and some of it's nefarious tenants. I've never heard of the place, but I guess it's quite infamous.
On the whole, preparation H feels good!
mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.