Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2020, 08:47 AM  
Supporter

Automated Vaccums

Seems as though technology has improved enough in this realm to take the plunge on some sort of machine. I know it doesn't eliminate the need to vacuum, but pushing the interval in which I need to vacuum is appealing.

Holy shit there are a lot of options out there. The comparison sites out there aren't a ton of help. As for what I'd be asking it to do, I have a dog, and the main floor of my house is (IIRC) 2400 sq ft. Most of it hard floors but 1 room with carpet. 2 kids worth of mess too.

Obviously I'm going to have to have the toys all picked up and a friend told me sucking up water is fairly catastrophic. I do have a room that has a cord on the floor. I may have to shut the door on that room.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:42 PM   #46
Supporter

I ended up with a Shark IQ. I used to hate shark. My (now) Wife bought one in college that was complete trash, so I've stayed away. But this is a good rig. I bought it mostly after watching the Vacuum Wars channel Videos. Dude does a pretty good job of comparing.

I have a pretty good sized upper level. So it has a hallway and a bunch of different rooms to go through. It took awhile but I finally had some time to pay attention to it and it definitely figured it out. It has to start, then come back and charge then finish, but it does a pretty remarkable job for me doing nothing. You can't just set it and forget it - there are lots of places that catch dust and hair that will need to be cleaned over the long term, but man, it's a good rig.

This guy says its loud, but I ran it last night and the wife slept through it all.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.