Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:30 PM   #14086
Politically Incorrect

Fed is ALWAYS wrong.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:30 PM   #14087
Cheat Death

The **** would you go with a variable rate loan 4 years ago?

How low did they think it would get?
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #14088
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
8% is a hell of a lot more than I anticipated.

I guess right now I wouldn't feel too bad about an ARM. Save fees for a refinance.

But my ass would have to buy a shoebox in a gutter if I were going to give up my mortgage today.
I guess an ARM is a good strategy if you know that rates are going to go down. You usually don't know that, but right now? Rates are going to go down. The Fed is committed to that outcome. So an ARM would be a good plan, I think.

When I bought my house, I got a fixed rate that was over 7 percent. Rates kept going down and I kept refinancing. I think I was paying at or under 3 percent when I finally paid the house off. Maybe I should have done ARMs for 20 years. But I didn't know that we would have 20 years of declines.

At some point I got a HELOC at some ridiculously low rate, and that's what I used for my last big rehab project on the house (redoing the kitchen, adding a deck, finishing off the third floor, etc.) I think it might have been under 2 percent, so I paid off the main mortgage before I paid that one off. At some point the lender stopped offering it, and that was a sad day.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #14089
Fish are scared of me

My LOC I use on my Rental properties is at 8.75% also. It has to renew every year so I get the bullet. They were going to put it at 10.5% this last renewal and I called the President of the bank and said LOOK. I've been with you since 1998, never been late on a payment, had over 30 mortgages , would you at least drop it to my current rate on my rentals at 8.75%, and he said he'd talk to loan committee. They called back an hour later and said that would work. WooHoo , excited about an 8.75% loan victory. LOL

And what's funny is that the loan officer that's been there 20 years said she had no idea they were even negotiable. Dumb bitch!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #14090
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
My LOC I use on my Rental properties is at 8.75% also. It has to renew every year so I get the bullet. They were going to put it at 10.5% this last renewal and I called the President of the bank and said LOOK. I've been with you since 1998, never been late on a payment, had over 30 mortgages , would you at least drop it to my current rate on my rentals at 8.75%, and he said he'd talk to loan committee. They called back an hour later and said that would work. WooHoo , excited about an 8.75% loan victory. LOL
Holy cow. Are you banking with the mob or something?

I had no idea rates were that high.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:37 PM   #14091
Cheat Death

30 years were in the 3’s 4 years ago

If you took an ARM in 2020 then you deserve it
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:38 PM   #14092
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post

And what's funny is that the loan officer that's been there 20 said she had no idea they were even negotiable. Dumb bitch!
LOCs you're going to have to eat the shit, but a primary? Helllllllll no.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:40 PM   #14093
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
30 years were in the 3’s 4 years ago

If you took an ARM in 2020 then you deserve it
No shit. That's just being dumb. We were at historic lows for YEARS.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:49 PM   #14094
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Fed is ALWAYS wrong.
They have screwed the pooch this time.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.