Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What’s your final plan for new kickoffs?
Kick in the landing zone, defend kickoff return 2 12.50%
Kick out of the endzone, opposing team starts at 30 7 43.75%
Kick in landing zone to roll into endzone forcing touchback, opposing team starts at 20 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 12:02 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Where do we stand on the new kickoffs?

What’s your plan for the new kickoffs?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #2
TACO SALAD

Back near the endzone
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #3
sorta mod-ish

It looks like there are going to be opportunities to break big returns on every kickoff. I think I'd just touchback it every single time. Maybe.

Either way, I'm not a fan of it.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #4
Fish are scared of me

So far during all preseson games the average starting field position has been at the 28. I say give it a go to get below that. I'f we can't beat that consistently just kick on out and start at the 30 to prevent any huge plays.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #5
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Overall, I like them. Obviously, there’s going to be somewhat of a learning curve, and some returns are going to be fugly, but way better than endless touchbacks. Even saw one returned for a TD yesterday.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #6
Andy Reid Supporter

I should have put this in the OP. I saw a stat about the kickoffs that was interesting. I’m preseason the team with the longest kickoff return avg was the Chiefs.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #7
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Almost always kick it out of the endzone. If it was the 35 instead of the 30 maybe I would feel differently but we are too good of a team to give other shitty teams chances to beat us by fluke returns.

If we are winning in the 2nd half. Always and I mean always kick it out of the endzone. Don't even think about it.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Almost always kick it out of the endzone. If it was the 35 instead of the 30 maybe I would feel differently but we are too good of a team to give other shitty teams chances to beat us by fluke returns.

If we are winning in the 2nd half. Always and I mean always kick it out of the endzone. Don't even think about it.
Yeah, agreed. Even in games where a FG could decide it, the difference between the 25 and the 30 isn't enough to warrant the risk. Just kick it out of the endzone and play defense.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #9
MVP

Get rid of kickoffs.

A team starts on the 25 at each possession.

Onside kicks are allowed at all points in the game.......No you don't have to announce ahead of time that you're doing an onside kick.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:27 PM   #10
Ain't no relax!

I don't understand the question. What do you mean by final plan? I don't think teams are going to pick one of the listed options and simply do that for every kick.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:39 PM   #11
Hockey Town

Apparently threw all of preseason the new kickoff changes starting field position by 4 yards...

A bunch of teams are just going to blast the ball threw the end zone with that data.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.