Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2024, 08:28 AM  
Ultrabanned

Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?

Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #1996
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
A pretty decent convo for the first 20 minutes of Petro's Chiefs podcast about the stadiums. Brought in Sam McDowell who's been very connected on all this from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/live/Wv-_eKX...rZ5ar_DFxb9aY2

McDowell had a lot of good thoughts. He was clear that neither team did a great job here, but at the same time sounded like he's not sure Missouri has the support to make this happen regardless. Definitely not at the state level, and then you have to consider the current stadiums are owned by the county and their executive (Frank White) has not been supportive of this and he's not sure there's the momentum at the county level to override him. Said the Chiefs might not want to do that dance again. Made it sound like the teams are still interested in Missouri but will the state or local governments work with them at all.
Interesting listen, and the key to it all is that it could be argued that the Chiefs might have tied themselves to what was a Royals deal simply to get the "no" vote (knowing what was being offered had waaaay too little information) so they could have the excuse to move to Kansas. And I'd also note that they all agree that one of Missouri's largest challenges is the legislature being a bunch of fools. The gambling thing isn't small either. So I think it could be argued that the Chiefs knew all this, they tied themselves to a rather sure "no" vote, so now they're free.

And I'm OK with that, I'm not one of the Missouri folks who won't drive over to Kansas for watch a game because the Chiefs moved. The Chiefs are moving because Missouri is indeed a State that is willing to lose their sports teams and cry about useless truces that were signed many years ago. That's on the Governor of MO for not having the will to play hardball with a neighboring state in order to keep a team they claim they'd like to keep.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #1997
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
The reactions from the “no” vote people who seemed super confident this would just lead to a better proposal to stay will be interesting should they both leave.
I'm surprised about all the criticism towards the no voters. It's obvious the whole plan was shit from all sides, and then we have people crying "but what if they leave, you should have just given the billionaires whatever they wanted so I can root for my home town".
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #1998
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonBobo View Post
I'm surprised about all the criticism towards the no voters. It's obvious the whole plan was shit from all sides, and then we have people crying "but what if they leave, you should have just given the billionaires whatever they wanted so I can root for my home town".
(one of your better posts)

Right?!?!?!? "Sign a blank check or we'll move" was about what we were hearing. Again, most of us are fine with driving to KS for the occasional game knowing we'll be in T-shirts no matter what the weather is outside.

As for the Royals, unless something dramatic happens, they'll fall back to their steady state of sucking and being the KCK Royals will be funny to hear about.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #1999
Starter

Quote:
A pretty decent convo for the first 20 minutes of Petro's Chiefs podcast about the stadiums. Brought in Sam McDowell who's been very connected on all this from the beginning.

McDowell had a lot of good thoughts. He was clear that neither team did a great job here, but at the same time sounded like he's not sure Missouri has the support to make this happen regardless. Definitely not at the state level, and then you have to consider the current stadiums are owned by the county and their executive (Frank White) has not been supportive of this and he's not sure there's the momentum at the county level to override him. Said the Chiefs might not want to do that dance again. Made it sound like the teams are still interested in Missouri but will the state or local governments work with them at all.
White has said all along the proposal has not been transparent and there were too many questions unanswered and he didn't want it to go to vote because of this. The teams also want Frank white to take the criticism of inactivity rather than the teams take responsibility for lack of transparency. (They even used Mrs Glass for their PR lol)

If the teams had a reasonable plan with real answers then I have no doubt White would have been on board.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:46 AM   #2000
Custom User Title

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 11:56 AM   #2001

Quote:
White has said all along the proposal has not been transparent and there were too many questions unanswered and he didn't want it to go to vote because of this. The teams also want Frank white to take the criticism of inactivity rather than the teams take responsibility for lack of transparency. (They even used Mrs Glass for their PR lol)

If the teams had a reasonable plan with real answers then I have no doubt White would have been on board.
His biggest issue is he's not a powerless idiot on a message board like the rest of us. He's the most powerful elected official in the county. He has influence here even though he doesn't act like it. Where he's going to to run into an issue is if Kansas politicians take a different approach and say "Clark we want to work with you to address your weaknesses and come up with a plan that works for everyone" instead of "Bring me a plan I like and then I'll support it." He's definitely left the door wide open here.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #2002
MVP

Quote:

Listened to all of this. I think I'm more convinced now than ever that the Chiefs are moving. They literally say what I said yesterday...Missouri should focus on the Royals.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #2003
MVP

Quote:

mmm you can not want billionaires to get handouts and vote accordingly. I agree with the idea.

But you run the risk of being San Diego. You really showed them! Now to bask in my rightness while the Chargers play in SoFi
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.