Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM  
Veteran

Beards making a comeback?

We all know that the men of the "CP" is defined by the persona of fat dudes, bald and a goatee and we drive Camaros (BTW, means it was found in a French-English dictionary to mean “friend, pal, or comrade and started with the first letter of "C" ala Chevy.)

I was in the Army, which didn't allow beards. I had a decent mustache that borderline out of specs. The GF liked the 'stache. I won't go into why

Flash forward a number of years and decided, while the wife and kids were away, to grow a beard. They walked past me when I was picking them up at KCI. Ball cap, red and black flannel shirt and...a beard. Not quite the Paul Bunyan look, but close.

My wife has never liked facial hair. Not sure why vs GF. I don't like to shave. But beards can be a bitch. ITCHY!

She has been gone for 5 months looking after her parents, so grew a beard I have found, with proper maintenance and beard butter, it is FUN.

Instead of contemplating my belly button, omphaloskepsis the proper term, I stroke my beard!

I bought one of those beard trimmers. It is a Wahl cordless with a ton of settings. I keep it ~ 3/4". I use beard balm to train it (I guess the proper term is to "sculpt it??). It also, as CPers would guess, it doubles to shave my head Better than the Horse Shears down at the barn.

I understand why women don't like razor stubble that can be en vogue . It is like sandpaper. Thus, grow it out a bit, use the beard butter to make it soft but not so long that I look like a Taliban terrorist or a ZZ Top musician, unless that is your look. No judgment here, just not for me. I don't like mice living in my face nor chicken soup. I drop enough ketchup from my fries on my shirt.

I think I have grown a nice pelt on my face that is soft and fun to omphaloskepsis. I can't trust MY hands to how it feels. So I did the cardinal sin of asking a good friends wife to touch/test it. "Dang that feels soft. How come my husbands beard doesn't feel that nice!" Luckily she looks like a Narwhale and has a gunt. I didn't tell him that though. Thinking about that, not sure if I should use her as a test dummy??

I was reading that beards are making a come back. Not wasting time shaving everyday, cost of blades, *cough* looking more masculine, et al. A segue, JD Vance is the first major nominee to have facial hair in 75 yrs (oops going to DC) Is it a trend? Starting or ending? Dunno.

In the end, the pelt is a keeper.

I am new to this, so what is the Mind Bending thoughts from the CP?

PS. I have a little vanity. I use a Salt and Pepper coloring mix so I don't look like Santa. Keep in mind, I have no hair (see above about Horse Shears) so that isn't in the equation.

Last edited by Holladay; Yesterday at 10:03 PM..
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #16
Veteran

I've been rocking a full beard since I got out of the Navy in '08
dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM   #17
No Keys, No Problem

Your wife being gone for 5 months to look for her parents doesn't pass the smell test. What was she doing gone from town to town and have an adventures and s***... Like Kane from Kung Fu? Was the next leap the leap home? Did she go on a 3-hour tour? Additional television show tie-in joke.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #18
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
I think the stache is for wimps. Commit or don't.
disagree

people enjoy a wide variety of facial hair, it doesn't have to be full beard or clean shaved as the only options.

I'm a clean shaved/shadow guy myself and always have been and probably always will be.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #19
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Studies show that around 50% of men simply can't even grow a beard. So if you can do it, you should let that baby bloom.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #20
Veteran

Quote:
Your wife being gone for 5 months to look for her parents doesn't pass the smell test. What was she doing gone from town to town and have an adventures and s***... Like Kane from Kung Fu? Was the next leap the leap home? Did she go on a 3-hour tour? Additional television show tie-in joke.
To be expected.

You are a doofus. I thought, through time and posts that I respected you...even as a Donk. You lost that now.

She is 4,000 miles away looking after her parents that are 85 yro and need help. She is in a sh*t show with their debilitating mental conditions.

Not sure what you are "smelling", check your finger
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #21
Sleeping on the blacktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Post your beard, baby.
Not sure if this is an insult or a sexual advance.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #22
Veteran

[QUOTElet that baby bloom.][/QUOTE]

Yep. It is a fine pelt, of course in my opinion

I would post a pic, but I am too shy...
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #23
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Between the ages of 18 and 45 I could grow a lush beard in about 45 minutes. I tried growing one a couple of years ago and it looked like I work in Chernobyl.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #24
In Search of a Life

Comeback? I’ve had a full beard for like the last 20 years.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Between the ages of 18 and 45 I could grow a lush beard in about 45 minutes. I tried growing one a couple of years ago and it looked like I work in Chernobyl.
Do you have Leprosy or Mange?

I have coyotes out here that have mange and look alien. Not sure about them having leprosy though.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #26
MER

In the land of beards, it’s pretty whatever to the women.
You do you boo. We like that.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #27
King Shit of **** Mountain

I shaved completely about 20 years ago and my best friend told me I looked like Andrew Jackson and should never do that again. Mine varies between 1/2" to full-on biker hobo.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.