Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-30-2023, 06:32 PM  
The Guy With The Goats

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy series... CONFIRMED

https://www.startrek.com/news/new-se...rfleet-academy

You know who is an instructor at the Academy? Only the most important man in the entire history of Starfleet...

Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #31
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
No way in hell am I watching this.
I don't blame you... this show is aimed at people much younger than us.

I'll still watch it just to see where they take Trek way into the future. I'll grudge watch it until I can't anymore. But I made it through Discovery so I'm hopeful I can do the same with Academy.

Since they are open to making movies now I am kinda hoping to see a movie that features Scott Bakula return as Archer. It would turn into a spy drama where he runs into Trip Tucker (Connor Trinneer) as he is fleeing after having been burned by Section 31 after disobeying orders on how to deal with some sort of incoming threat.

They wind up on the refit NX-01 that we never got to see because of those rat bastards at UPN:

/you may or may not know that in the book series that followed it was found that Section 31 had snagged Trip right before he "was killed" and he began working for them instead. This would follow that storyline.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM   #32
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I loathe Tilly. I basically hate everything about Discovery except for the parts that featured Pike and Spock. Once they were gone, so was I. I lasted about five minutes into season 3 and never watched another second of it.

SNW may have it's lame/awkward moments, but overall I love it. Hard to believe it originated where it did, like a phoenix rising from a pile of shit instead of flies.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #33
Wheeeeee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
Since they are open to making movies now I am kinda hoping to see a movie that features Scott Bakula return as Archer.
Not happening. Have you seen Bakula lately?

They would have to CGI the hell out of his face.
4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.4th and Long threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #34
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th and Long View Post

The man is younger than Jonathan Frakes who was all over Picard S3 and definitely younger that Stewart. Give him 8 months and an 12 month supply of HGH and he would be ready to rock.

Why would they need to CGI his face? He can be 69 years old and still doing Starfleet shit. This movie would be set post Romulan war and the man went through hell during that time. It aged him hard.

/edit... I would also be happy to see him cameo in SNW. I know that in book cannon he died in 2245 but that number could be stretched a bit to take him onto the bridge of the NCC-1701 Enterprise. He would be, roughly, 149 years old which isn't out of the realm of possibility for humans in the future. If McCoy lived to 137 it seems reasonable that someone who would receive the level of medical care that Archer would could make it to 149.

Last edited by Mephistopheles Janx; Yesterday at 07:43 PM..
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #35
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
I originally booed the casting from Discovery but in light of...

I'll take it and it is a YAY from me. We knew Tilly was gonna be there. That was never in doubt as they set it up at one of the ongoing end scenes of Discovery. I think that she, apart from Burnham, could actually pull off being the orientation/welcome to Star Fleet - 1st years teacher role. It isn't like we really got to see a whole lot of what Tilly could be due to the fact that Burnham ate 80% of the dialogue on the show whether it be her speaking or other characters speaking about her.

Tig Notaro as Jett Reno is a HUGE addition for me. I would 100% watch the Reno/Stammets Power Hour if it were ever to be made. Reno was a highlight in the train wreck that was Discovery. Tig is perfect for the role of Reno.
Yeah, in terms of characters to continue they certainly could have done worse. But personally I'd rather lop Discovery off the Star Trek tree like a diseased limb and pretend it never happened. So ties to Discovery plus Kurtzman as co-showrunner are two huge strikes against it for me.

Quote:
Odid was a nice break from the typical Starfleet Admiral. I don't know if you will understand what I mean, Lower Decks does a really good job of exaggerating it, but an air of massive overconfidence, bravado, and pomposity that they tend to speak with. They tended to come off as take charge but more often than not were actually dumb, incompetent, or just Badmirals (if you didn't know it... yes, that is a term). Like... anytime I saw an Admiral show up in any of the older Trek series I was always waiting to see what member of the crew they were gonna **** over that time.

Hell... that was a trope that not even the greatness of Picard S3 was able to pull off (Shelby).
No, I know what you mean. It's hard to think of an Admiral who wasn't a prick or up to some shit. Maybe Admiral Ross from DS9, but even he ended up being complicit with Section 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th and Long View Post

Looks like he could pull off 147 year old Archer on SNW. Star Trek 09 did establish he's still alive around that timeframe (in JJ-verse at least).
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #36
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Yeah, in terms of characters to continue they certainly could have done worse. But personally I'd rather lop Discovery off the Star Trek tree like a diseased limb and pretend it never happened. So ties to Discovery plus Kurtzman as co-showrunner are two huge strikes against it for me.

No, I know what you mean. It's hard to think of an Admiral who wasn't a prick or up to some shit. Maybe Admiral Ross from DS9, but even he ended up being complicit with Section 31.

Looks like he could pull off 147 year old Archer on SNW. Star Trek 09 did establish he's still alive around that timeframe (in JJ-verse at least).
A SNW Episode called "The Search for Porthos" where Scotty picks up a signal and figures out that Porthos's transporter signal was caught up in a temporal space rift (or insert other technobable) and the crew reaches out to retired Admiral Archer to let him know that Scotty found the dog he transported away all those years ago.

Hell... Phlox could come along as Archer's personal physician.

Sopmething happens, the crew suffers some sort of malady that forces Archer to take command and Phlox to heal everyone. Archer saves the day, gets his dog back, then goes back home to live out his days feeding cheese to his best friend.

---

God damn... I should be a writer. This is gold.