Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-09-2019, 03:32 PM  
It was not a fair catch

School's out for Summer!-AMA-Update

I said I would.

But a few classroom rules.
1. The answer to the obligatory question. No
2. There are no stupid questions-just stupid people that ask questions.
3. Teacher has the right to suspend you.
4. Teacher can take regular quarter and holiday breaks.

Last edited by displacedinMN; 12-09-2019 at 06:11 PM..
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:21 PM   #271
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
4 days.
Same. Gonna have kids clean up and inventory the lab tomorrow (Half the school will be gone on a field trip with the band to a local amusement park). Then probably show a video Tuesday. Wednesday is "fun" day. Thursday is half day with awards and such.

Busy week of babysitting.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:24 PM   #272
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief View Post
Finishing up my first year at a small Jr. High/High School. It's been a great year, honestly. There are concerns because state funding (California) is a bit scary right now, but I am the high school teacher for World, US, and Government/Econ. so I should be good.

I commute to my job, which is the only downside, but considering the lack of discipline issues and good admin in place, it's well worth it to me.
I hope they continue to be good years. Don't listen to us old timers complain. There are sore spots with almost every job. Teaching is a rewarding profession that can allow you to fund a comfortable life.

Congrats on making it to the end and enjoy your summer!
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 08:31 PM   #273
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay23 View Post
Same. Gonna have kids clean up and inventory the lab tomorrow (Half the school will be gone on a field trip with the band to a local amusement park). Then probably show a video Tuesday. Wednesday is "fun" day. Thursday is half day with awards and such.

Busy week of babysitting.
Short project Monday.

Half days for finals T-Th.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2024, 01:23 PM   #274
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
A bit of a rant here.... In a mental predicament for the time being.

I had been teaching Earth Science for MANY years. Two years ago, my grade was switched to Physical Science.

I hate it. It is boring.

I asked my principal and a few others for reccs and have applied to a few public schools. Not sure if I can handle going back.

I also, have a 1000 grant for a new weather station at my current school which is much easier to work at.

My applications have not had a response. Not sure if it is licensure, being a male, being expensive or being white. I do have a lot of strikes against me in a public school. Which is amazing since everyone is so damn desperate for teachers.

Do I teach in a subject I hate and a place I like or teach a subject I like and a place that could kill me. The great mental debate.

Not looking for answers, just venting my quandary.

My old school has an opening. My PTSD and anxiety could not do it, and my wife said "HELL NO" Think Steely Dan....never going back to my old school.
I'd stay put. Environment > subject matter, if you are truly happy in the current culture.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2024, 06:09 PM   #275
It was not a fair catch

I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote